Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay): The Loss of a Sports Icon

Today another great personality left this world...

Muhammad Ali(Cassius Clay)....the loss of a sports icon!

Dead at 74 years old...this man has a great career behind him...

FACTS ABOUT HIM:

He was born in Louisville, Kentucky in 1942.

He became the world's heavyweight boxing champion in 1964

He became an olympic gold medalist in 1960.

He converted to islam in 1964.

When he got retired he was devoted to philanthropy

He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1984.

He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005.

R.I.P

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Where was the mytake about one of the greatest Soccer Players when hé died?

About M. Ali well what should i say?

• Sad to lose all thrse icons. This is what the last 6 months have been in general

cdn.meme.am/.../Preview

• We will never have an American superstar athlete that will be as brave and fearless about his beliefs as Muhammad Ali; too much focus on protecting their money these days. Modern athletes would never take the risks that Ali did!

His death is an end of an era. :'(

• So very sad...

• Ya it's a huge Shame

• 1|0
  • Indeed, he was the greatest, RIP legend...
    Fantastic Take

• Had no idea, he was dead.

• My respects to the man, but you people seriously have no life... it wasn't that long ago that he died and there's already a mytake on this. LMFAO

• man.. i heard the news shortly after i woke up... reason why i just wrote this... its daytime here

• I am old enough to have seen him on TV, from the famous Joe Frazier fight and "The Thrilla In Manila" as a small boy, to his fight vs. Leon "missing two front teeth" Spinks, as a less small boy.

A man who started out jive talking and embracing the warped ideology of the Nation Of Islam has long since mellowed out and he even become quite a conservative figure, attending more than a few Republican Party conventions over the years.

Sadly, he has needed long term custodial care for about two decades now, due to both Parkinson's disease and I think brain damage caused by multiple punches to the head during some hard fights.

• R. I. P

What Girls Said 3

• Lol it always makes me laugh to see these people talking about Muhammad Ali even though they knew literally jack shit about him

• R. I. P mr. Ali, you were the best of the best :(

• R. I. P You were and always will be The Greastest. (my dad's words)

• *Greatest*

• awww your dad was a fan

• Both my dad and my late grandfather were.
      My dad has told me that obviously my grandfather would have remembered only too well the boxing match where our Henry Cooper ( later Sir Henry Cooper) put Cassius Clay ( as he was then known as) down on the deck for the first time ever, but sadly still lost the fight.
      Dad has also said that later in life Muhammad Ali always said it was the hardest punch he ever took, it was so hard he reckoned that his ancestors in Africa would have felt it! lol
      How true that is, I obviously don't know.