Not All Stares Are Judgmental Ones!

Have you ever seen someone who might've had a really wacky hairstyle but you quite liked it? Or someone who stepped out of societal norms when it comes to their fashion but you think they really pull it off and you appreciate their confidence? But then you find yourself staring or constantly glancing over at them, so you try not to look because you don't want them to think you're negatively judging them. After all, they probably receive a lot of prejudice from the close minded all the time.

This happens to me a lot and I want to run after them saying, "I'm not judging you! I'm appreciating who you are, don't think I'm weird or nasty!". Even more so as I have a resting bitch face.

We're all so insecure in ourselves, it's always assumed that someone staring at us are likely negatively judging us. It rarely crosses our minds that maybe they're appreciating our look or find us attractive. It's always hard to distinguish, unless they flip you the bird or they furrow their eyebrows at you.

I think girls are more guilty of this. Girls are known to be bitchy, especially to each other (why aren't we working together?!), but we try to avoid confrontation by not looking at a girl too much, even if it's for a positive reason. Yes, we could say "I love your outfit" but social anxiety, people!

Not All Stares Are judgmental Ones!

Are you quick to assume that someone staring at you is doing so because they're negatively judging you?

Hannah591 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• I'm starting to think people stare at me just to piss me off not judge

• No I never am seen people look through me.

• right... I do the pervy stares 😂😏😂

• Very true, i've never thought staring was anything more than an expression of interest. I've always stared back at the person to determine whether that interest is positive or negative. Far more often than not (like 9/10) we end up exchanging smiles.

Very few judgmental people have the stones to carry on staring when you look them right back in the eye u til they back down.

• no not at all, when someone stares at me i take it as "is there something on my face? "

What Girls Said 2

• As a Goth/punk I get the stares and most of the time I know when its good or bad. I myself sometimes stare at interesting or attractive people and normally I will just compliment them so they dont think Im judging or being a creep lol.

• Then there is the fact that you are staring off into the space but it looks like you are constantly staring at the person in front of you.