Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 26

• http://i.quoteaddicts.com/media/q5/1309888.png

http://i.quoteaddicts.com/media/q4/1232569.png

"Everything is possible, and yet nothing is. All is permitted, and yet again, nothing. No matter which way we go, it is no better than any other. It is all the same whether you achieve something or not, have faith or not, just as it is all the same whether you cry or remain silent. There is an explanation for everything, and yet there is none. Everything is both real and unreal, normal and absurd, splendid and insipid. There is nothing worth more than anything else, nor any idea better than any other. Why grow sad from one's sadness and delight in one's joy? What does it matter whether our tears come from pleasure or pain? Love your unhappiness and hate your happiness, mix everything up, scramble it all! Be a snowflake dancing in the air, a flower floating downstream! Have courage when you don't need to, and be a coward when you must be brave! Who knows? You may still be a winner! And if you lose, does it really matter? Is there anything to win in this world? All gain is a loss, and all loss is a gain. Why always expect a definite stance, clear ideas, meaningful words? I feel as if I should spout fire in response to all the questions which were ever put, or not put, to me."

Couldn't find a picture with that last quote. I'm not sure I fully understand all the other quotes you have shared with us, but the one about solitude and darkness stood out the most and had my attention for some reason.

• Lol this quote I actually used it in a poem but I added onto it to make it better, I already know and understand it quite well.
    - If a writer falls in love with you, you will never die. -

When a writer falls in love with you, you can never die because long after you are gone my words shall remain and within them you forever immortalized in ink.
    -Phoenix- ( aka me )

Nice quotes I understood pretty much all of them.

Here are some I rather enjoy.

If you are caught unprepared by a sudden rainstorm, you should not run foolishly down the road or hide under the eves of houses. You are going to get soaked either way. Accept that from the beginning and go on your way. This way you will not be distressed by a little rain. Apply this lesson to everything.
    -Japanese Proverb-

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant.
    Miyamoto Musashi

Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.
    Miyamoto Musashi

The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding.
    Miyamoto Musashi

A posteriori - From what comes after. Inductive reasoning based on observation, as opposed to deductive, or a priori

Ab alio spectes alteri quod feceris - As you do to another, expect another to do to you

• I like most of those. My favs are from Thomas Jefferson,
    -"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    And
    -"Whenever any form of govt becomes destructive to these ends, [life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it and institute new govt."
    And
    -"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the govt from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    And
    -"We have more machinery of govt than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious. He said this one in 1824 lol.

• Nice quotes.

I disagree with 2nd one, "Every deep thinker is more afraid of being understood than being misunderstood."

But loved,
    Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

Are you more extrover or introvert... ?
    Why you always disable Anon.

• I was always found of this quote, which is meant for motivation

http://www.havequotes.com/quotes/227.jpg

• Very wise thoughts, and a really beautiful Take :D

• i love rumi quotes specially the one with

"keep breaking your heart until it opens"

• the pretentious levels are off the charts.

• The only pretentious one I see here is you... :)

• Are you being facetious here because I can't believe your serious so now saying something is pretentious is being pretentious, wow also to look cool wtf are you on about.

• Oh wow you used a big word good job :)
      You said how something about my mytake is pretentious, and you didn't say what and your comment was not respectful or helpful or kind so you can leave now.

• Somehow this comes off as obnoxious and conceited. Not every writter is a deep thinker and not every deep thinker is a writter. Heck, mot people are deep thinkers except they don't think themselves special because of it.

• "With my mind on my money and my money on my mind" - Snoop Dogg

• Those are amazing jade 😄

• Good take.

• I really love the first one, despite the fact that it's utter bullshit. :P

• So you can walk on water? You are no better than a twig floating on a puddle.
    You can fly through the air? You are no better than this gnat buzzing around my head.
    Master your own heart then maybe you can be somebody

• Also, one can only gain wisdom through mistakes, whether your own or someone else's.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 8

• Awesome. I love your Take.❤ I'm a very deep thinker and and I love to meditate on meaningful quotes or stories.

• Even though I've never heard some of these quotes, I feel like I've already come to realize these things just from living life and taking time to reflect. Quotes are like a person's little life lessons and reflections on life. We could all make up our own quotes really. The only difference is that these were said by famous people.

• I can't get past the conceited title. Yes, deep quotes are nice and can lead to a cathartic revelation. But haha, I find it, the title, clickbait and just a way to get people to like your MyTake because they feel deep because they understood the quotes. And the quotes are nice, but I was expecting something life changing.
    Not to hate, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid.

• i don't see whats wrong with the title. it's no different from "10 things only skinny people understand," etc. it's just a common phrase and you decide if you identify

• It IS very clickbait-y and the quotes are very fitting for a clickbait post. lol. Isn't that expected before even clicking on it though?

• @frozenhorizon In the nicest way possible, I think my first error was assuming we all use the same definitions and weight of words. We don't. It's all subjective.

• Okay, I really want to create a #SweetHomicidalQueenFanClub you are amazing and for once I don't feel insane for being a deep-thinker, because you write posts that make me realize I'll be alright even in the middle of the chaos

• Very interesting quotes, so deep :)

• "If a writer falls in love with you, you will never die." -That's my favourite.

• That was really enticing.

• Woah...