5 of the Coolest Pet Snakes Ever

I love snakes. They look cool and they act cool. They're so quiet and beautiful. This is a profile for the snake descriptions, not how to take care of them or breed them.

1. Burmese Python

This species has a variety of color and patterns. It can live more than twenty years. It usually grows to be eleven to twelve feet long. It's a gentle giant, but it can potentially kill someone. This is recommended for advanced snake owners due to the level of care and handling.

2. Reticulated Python

They usually grow to be ten to twenty feet long. They usually live for fifteen to twenty years. They also come in dwarf sizes of six to eight feet long. This is hands down the most beautiful snake. It has the most sophisticated variations of color and pattern. It has a long, muscular build. They can be moody but they are intelligent giants. This snake is only recommended for advanced snake owners due to the level of care and handling.

3. Ball Python

There are a lot of color and pattern variations for this python species. It usually lives thirty years or more. It usually grows to be two to six feet long. This is the most docile python pet and it's easy to care so it's recommended for beginners.

4. Corn Snake

This species has many beautiful color and pattern variations. It usually grows to be four to five and half feet long. It usually lives for ten to fifteen years. This is a docile species and it's easy to care for so it's recommended for beginners.

5. Boa Constrictor

There are a lot color and pattern variations for this species. They usually grow to be five to ten feet long. They usually live for twenty to thirty years. It's more suited for intermediate snake owners due to the level of care and handling.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 4

• I never could sleep well with having a pet that's ALWAYS trying to escape from its enclosure. I mean... Wouldn't wanna feel like I was holding it prisoner.

(Dogs hate their crates for the first couple days, but, if crate training is done properly, they start to like them pretty fast.)

• Would a rat snake be appropriate?

Also, in regards to docility, are any of the snakes ever affectionate or is that not how things go for snakes?

• Snakes aren't affectionate. A rat snake is appropriate and can be kept as a pet.

• Yeah it's more about possessing a beautiful animal and playing with it whenever it's in a good mood.

• I gotcha :)

• Personally, I've always liked these corn snakes best -

www.reptilesbymack.com/.../...OkeeteeJuvenile2.jpg

<3 Nice take!

• They are so pretty!

What Guys Said 2