10 of the Most Bad-Ass Quotes You'll Ever Read

1. H.L Mencken

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.-H.L Mencken

Pirates are fucking awesome.

2. Emperor Augustus

Have I played the Part well? Then Applaud as I Exit!- The last words of The Emperor Augustus

Most of us could only wish that our last words will be that awesome

3. Benjamin Franklin

We must, indeed , all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately-Benjamin Franklin

In life you either stand together are die alone.

4. George Mallory

Because it's there.-George Mallory when asked when why he wanted to climb mount Everest

He may have died in the attempt but you have admire his determination.

5. Hunter S. Thompson

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!-Hunter S. Thompson

Everyone could learn a little from this man.

6. Theodore Roosevelt

I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot—but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.-Theodore Roosevelt

One of the greatest presidents was also the most badass

7. Josip Broz Tito

Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle. (...) If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send a second. — Josip Broz Tito

Just because you are communist dictator doesn't mean you don't have anything badass to say.

Tito also outlived Stalin by 28 years

8. Martin Luther King Jr.

If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.-Martin Luther King Jr.

This is completely true.

9. Sergeant Major Dan Daly USMC and two time Medal of Honor Winner

Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?- Sergeant Dan Daly at the Battle of the Belleau Wood

He and his men charged.

10. Emiliano Zapata

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees-Emiliano Zapata

It really is.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 3

• oh wow! these quotes are unique

• Awesome MyTake hun!

My favorite quotes from this list:

H. L Menckens (got to admit, pretty badass)
    And
    Emperor Augustus (sarcasm is the way to go)

• Great take! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Nice list. I have two to add.
    I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man. Che Guevara

If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years! Jack Churchill

if you haven't ever read about Jack Churchill I'd suggest you look him up. The ultimate badass.

• Teddy Roosevelt was the best. We need to find a way to resurrect him before the 2016 election.

• Cool quotes, and a really great Take :)