Why Animal Testing Needs to Stop!

Why animal testing needs to stop!

Animals getting tested for scientific and commercial testing is wrong. It's just not right!

I mean just imagine their beautiful, innocent souls being abused and captured just for a damn lab test. They already do it to people! If you want to test something, test yourself and see how it really feels when YOUR the one being tested on.

I mean, I get it but don't. Scientists are the most cruelest people on earth. Their not helping us, their killing us intentionally. And just imagine how the animals would feel. Such a damn shame. That's how I feel, and that's my opinion.

It should never be allowed. Unless it is a SAFE animal product that is designed for that species.

I mean you're hurting them against their will. Even though animals can't be civilized or talk or whatever doesn't mean they aren't a living breathing thing. They feel pain just like us!

99percentangel is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 19

• Medical testing is justified cosmetics is not,
    Medical testing is killing for a life
    Cosmetic testing is killing for vanity

• Alright pick, animal testing or human testing.
    If you choose the latter than find enough volunteers to sign up for it. Which of course would never happen.
    If not then you will have to do what the Nazis did ban animal testing and replace it by taking people out of their homes and sending them to concentration camps where they would be experimented on.

• Neither. I understand that animal testing must be done for certain things such as curing diseases, but for cosmetics and such? No.

• Well a lot of cosmetics are already proven to be safe, and yeah no need for any more to be made.

• Tell that to most women.

• Animal testing is amazing but only for the greater good ie cures for diseases. Not cosmetics and shit like that.

• It should never be allowed. Unless it is a SAFE animal product that is designed for that species.

You do realize you'd have to test it on them to get to the point where it's safe for future animals.

• I agree... if it's about testing cosmetics.

• Do you seriously think that can be stopped? Our world is already so messed up. Who cares

• I care, and many other animal lovers out there care. This can be stopped. Just like with everything else in history that has changed.

• Animal testing sucks.

Seeing people subjected to those tests would suck more.

I abhor the idea of inflicting pain on any creature, but I'll do it, to eat, to cure disease, and to prevent it.

No, I'm not happy it happens, but I'd be even less happy about the consequences of banning it.

• Listen I get that animals should be tested to help cure diseases and all that, but for cosmetics, and such NO.

• @Zeanobia yeah they are, but most of them have little to no humanity.

• That's a bold statement, do you have any evidence or is it just your opinion?

• Nope, I disagree with you and I'm getting a little tired of seeing stuff like this. If it continues I'm going to go door to door to spread awareness about the benefits animal testing have and can still have for society, and how noisy people like you have delayed progress in several fields that could have helped millions. Maybe if enough of us band together we can make sure a whinny few on the fringe don't spoil the future for everyone.

• It shouldn't be allowed unless it was safe for that species? ... how would you know that without testing it?

• Exactly which means why we shouldn't be testing stuff on animals because we don't know if it's safe.

• I don't have a solution for that, but I hope one day people do. I hear a lot of people saying they should test on criminals instead... Makes a little sense. Do it on criminals with the death penalty instead. Don't feel like saying that though because people try making me sound like the bad guy because Id rather a innocent person, and animal to not get tested on and just let them do that on criminals instead.

• To each their own opinion 😁

• Commercial testing for stuff like shampoo, cosmetic and make up - Yes I agree on a ban for that - For medical testing there is an argument , I would support investigating possible alternatives and strict regulations like proofing that animal testing is necessary.

• I disagree very much so... I mean the whole argument in this is looked at a simplistic emotional based standpoint and not a practical standpoint... Sweet soulful animals GOOD!! Evil useless scientists BAD!!!

The issue with lab testing is not a simple black and white thing. It's not simple, if you don't test it on animals then what is the other option? test on humans or scientists themselves? Or maybe not test them at all and just release the drugs in the market and endanger not just humans but network of animal kingdom? Or maybe stop making meds and drugs all together?

''Scientists are the most cruelest people on earth. Their not helping us, their killing us intentionally''
    I feel like you just have no idea the importance of science and medicines to prolong the life of people or even how this all works for you to say ''killing us intentionally''... There are many deaths because of diseases, especially in the past. Even today! It's common in poorer areas of the world where kids and adults would get a disease but wouldn't because of lack of medicine even if it's preventable.. Imagine if finding the cure stops altogether.. A lot more people AND ANIMALS would suffer..
    Not to mention ANIMALS ALSO BENEFITS FROM THE MEDICINES! Anti-rabies vaccines and so on for your pets...

World is not a simple two way easy decision. It's full of dilemas... Can animal testing be horrible? YES. Is it neccesary? YES. Also I doubt you even know the procedure of getting permission on conducting tests on animals. You are also painting this whole situation as if animals are tortured for fun by 'evil scientists'... THE ANIMALS MAY NOT EVEN FEEL PAIN.. Some are given the dose but they wouldn't feel a thing then they are under survellance for how the med affects them. Some would die peacefully. Some are released. It all depends on the drug, med or vaccine etc in trial...

I'm all for animal testing only if it's neccesary.. It is because Computer models can simulatethe effects but sometimes it can't.. I'm also not in favour in cosmetic testing on animals, which thankfully many many countries are banning it.

• 0|0
    • That video made me cry. I see why animals need to be used for certain experiments such as trying to find a cure for a disease, but for cosmetics and other sort of similar stuff I don't see why it's even legal.

• I was agreeing with you lol

• It depends on the animal it is being used on because I have more sympathy for certain ones over others. For example I wouldn't like testing done on dogs but rats I don't care.

• Animal testing is necessary. I value human life over an animal. It's not the most pleasant thing in the world but it's necessary.

• I would actually disagree to an extent. I feel animals give us important data for determining safety of products for humans. The only economically viable alternative is human testing as far as I know, which also leads to ethical issues. And, in a world of humans vs other animals, I'll choose humans.

If you have a realistic/viable alternative solution to animal testing though, I'm all for it. Animal testing is done for a purpose. It's to make things safe for human use. I believe the safety of humans, especially innoncent humans, is more important than that of a animal.
    Even makeup can cause health issues if the product is created badly. It should be made right the first time, but still tested with animals in my opinion. I love animals, but it's the best of the worst choices to test on them.

I saw one person say before that testing could be done on artifically made human organs and parts. However, that only would give a person a partial picture of results, and I don't think it is economically viable presently either.

I saw testing done on death row inmates as one possible "solution" in another comment. I would disagree for the following reasons:
    1.) I believe human life is more valuable than that of an animal at a fundamanetal level. (Mainly due to the human mind/consciousness and the fact I'm human myself).
    2.) There probably aren't even enough death row inmates for testing. Unlike other animals, humans can't exactly be breeded easily either.
    3.) It seems all very concentration camp-esque. I believe it is more morally wrong than on animals.

---
    Again, give me a viable, economically satisfactory, and an ethically better solution and I'll switch my mind on the subject right now. As of now though, I'm pro animal-testing for the better of mankind.

• Meh. Better try it on an animal and screw up than a person. So far as I'm concerned, one shouldn't practice casual cruelty towards animals, but they're not self aware and aren't worth nearly as much as people. I'd kill a thousand animals for one person without hesitation.

• I only see moral arguments. Until I see practical arguments I will assume the take is biased and not well written. I support testing and experimentation.

Not makeup or any shit like that but for diseases and the like

• There isn't really a need for animal testing nowadays, because I'm sure doctors have already cured lots of things. We live in a time where there's no need for it. It's horrible as it is. Why continue it?

• Cruelty is a term invented by humans. Throughout evolutionary history, animals have used other animals to their advantage in aiding them towards a stronger species. And a stronger homo sapient group is a scientifically advanced one. Cruelty is a term invented by humans, no one would cause pain to the animals if they had the choice not to and still reap the benefits.

The truth is, the benefits outweigh the cost. Animals like mice, rats, rabbits, and the like that we test on, they are in abundance throughout the world, and they are killed all of the time. Some would the way cats and dogs play with their food is cruel, but it's just their way of keeping sharp.

Why test on animals? For the advancement of the human species. We've come close to extinction and we haven't come close to a million years alive yet.

• Animal testing helped eradicate smallpox
    Animal testing helped deke op vaccines for polio, TB, HPV and Meningitis
    Animal testing was key in the development of asthma inhalers.
    There's more where these come from.
    Yes, it's cruel, but it's necessary.

• I get that we wouldn't have all of the cures we have today if we didn't have animal testing, but we live in a time now where we don't need to do these things on animals anymore.

• Maybe I get that, but I still don't think it's right to be testing animals for cosmetics and anything like that. Diseases and all I can understand somewhat (Even though I still frown upon it)

• I agree with you on cosmetics.

• Plus animals are just as important as people, they have behaviors and personalities and feelings too, just like humans but in a different form, plus humans are supposed to take care of animals not torture them or experiment on them, they wouldn't like it if we ran tests on the scientists so why do it on the animals? can't give that malarkey about making sure its safe, if you want it safe then stop making such horrible concoctions, plus most of the medicine and comsetics aren't even safe on humans so can't give the to make it safe factor lol

• If scientists were not allowed to experiment on animals, it's possible that people would still be dying of type 1 diabetes today.

• @Distant they could have used it on people who already had type 2 diabetes, instead of forcing an animal with diabetes then testing different side effects, plus people are still dying, all they managed was to make it slightly more managable

What Girls Said 11

• Honestly, I only hate animal testing if it's for something frivolous like make up products or creepy weird stuff. If it's to cure cancer or something, I'm not necessarily against it. So if it's medical and not intentionally torturous, I'm not against it. Cosmetic testing? Yeah, that needs to stop.

• Yeah, exactly. It's necessary for curing diseases and such, but stuff like cosmetics is just pure vanity. I won't stand for it.

• I also hate when people test makeup and stuff on them... Those products aren't essential for our health and survival, so why do we feel the need to test on them?

I mean, I get that we wouldn't have insulin and all of these cures because of animal testing, but we live in a time now where we don't need to do these things on innocent animals anymore. But... I am grateful for those dogs, mice, and other animals who have contributed to medical advances.

There's people who say we should test on criminals instead. How do you feel about that?

• Yup. And Um the people saying we should test on criminals instead I see their point. Maybe we should start testing on criminals who have the death penalty... I mean they're not doing anything for us and they're gonna die soon anyways so.

• I’ll ignore the arguments you put forward that is contingent on the “appeal to emotion” logical fallacy.

Animal testing for scientific progress has lead to the eradication of a considerable number of diseases that were prevalent in the past. Without it, we’re 100% certain those diseases would still thrive in our society to this very day. Imagine hemorrhagic smallpox at its worst - one develops horrendous blisters. Oral tissues and mucous membranes bleed and fall apart, the linings of the individual's gastrointestinal tract gets torn off.

Sure, animals do have the ability to feel and experience pain as well as emotions. But all of this boils down to the precedence you give to your fellow human beings over animals. If you’re operating on the argument that animal testing is bad because it inhibits their own “free will”, then every animal-related product or food you’ve utilised/consume would render your argument useless and hypocritical. Until you’ve completely stripped yourself of refraining from
    “using animals against their will”, your argument does not have a very strong moral ground.
    Our biological instincts grant us the ability to generally put importance of ourselves over other kinds of animals, its simply a survival mechanism that we acquired through years of evolution.

I disagree with testing for cosmetics, though.

• I bet in your household there are an abundance of products who's company tests on animals. So unless you buy all organic, cruelty free products I don't think you can make a case here.

• Nope. Everything I own is organic, and cruelty free. Sometimes I'll buy something that's not because I didn't know.

• I would really like to see a picture of the products in your bathroom, and bedroom as proof of that.

• What kind of creep are you? Asking for pictures of my bedroom... I don't even know you, let alone your name or username. Besides there's no way for me to link a photo from my gallery on here.

• Sometimes animal testing is necessary, since testing on humans could be lethal. And, in the case of baby products, is it better to test on an animal or an actual baby? I say animal. But cosmetic testing either shouldn't happen or only be allowed after researchers have evidence that the product is relatively safe.

• If you read some things I said when I was replying to comments. Yes, I know sometimes testing is necessary for curing diseases and such, but doing it just for cosmetics and such is pure vanity and should not be acceptable.

• I'm seeing that now. However, you don't mention that in your take and instead bash scientists, claiming "Their not helping us, their killing us intentionally," implying there is never a good reason for animal testing.

• Funny how so many men disagree and so many women agree.

Hmmmmm

• Everybody says that, but none of them would turn down lifesaving medication that was all tested on animals... so supporting the industry while shouting against it. I don't like it myself, makes me sad, but it saves lives.

• Completely agree.

• Instead of animal testing they should be testing on molesters and other douchebags sitting in jail...

• Yes. I agree. Or better criminals with the death penalty... I mean they're not doing anything for us, other then making terrible crimes and they're gonna die anyways so.

• Exactly! I see them as a waste of space anyways.

• Disagree. I think the real question here is who's life matters the most? The life of an animal, or the life of a human? It's either or when testing for products, and would you care more if your friend died because of a failed product, or if a squirrel died because of a failed product? I think most would agree that a human life is more important then a animals in this situation.

• I completely agree. I think if something like makeup products is not safe to put on consenting adults, then obviously you shouldn't put it on animals.