3 Of The Best Books I Have Ever Read

I love to read. I will admit, some of the books I've read and sometimes do read, are kind of childish, but sometimes that's a good thing. This myTake if about the three books that have become a part of my life and continue to be a prat of my life even when I read other books. (Please keep in mind that these are not in any specific order because it would be too hard to choose which is the best.)

I could go on and on about all of my favourites, but I think if I talked about more than three I would never stop. I want to know what your favourite books are, and what you would recommend, so please leave an opinion!

1. Harry Potter

This series is extremely popular with over 100 million copies of the first book (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone) sold. You've probably heard of this series, but I'm still going to write a short description. The Harry Potter series is about a young boy who discovers his magical history and becomes a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. From there, Harry befriends a witch and a wizard and together they fight against Lord Voldemort, a dark wizard set on taking over the Ministry of Magic and destroying anyone who gets in his way.

The ratings are really good for these books, in fact the first book received a 5/5 rating from Common Sense Media, 9.5/10 rating from Fantasy Book Review and a 4.4/5 rating from Goodreads. Another great thing about this series is the amount of people who love it. There are an incredible amount of internet posts about it as well as a giant Fandom. There are seven books and eight movies for you to enjoy, so if you are interested in this book, you should probably start reading it as soon as possible.

2. The Hunger Games

I've read these books at least 10 times. There are three books in this series, which in my opinion is not enough. The books are set in a futuristic place called Panem. Panem is split up into 12 districts which all have specialties such as coal and fishing. Every year a boy and a girl (tributes) are taken from each district and forced by the government to fight to the death on live television. This event is called the Hunger Games. When the main character's sister gets chosen to compete in the games Katniss (the main character) volunteers to take her sisters place and compete in the 74th annual Hunger Games. This book is full of suspense and will be a great addition to any book shelf.

3. Percy Jackson

This book series is based on Greek mythology, which I have always found fascinating. The author of these books, Rick Riordan is my favourite author and he has written a bunch of books that you should also check out, but the Percy Jackson series is my favourite. 12 year old Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, is on a quest. With the help of his friends, a daughter of Athena and a Satyr, Percy must travel across the US to catch the thief who has stolen Zeus' lightning bolt. On his journey, Percy must battle monsters from Greek mythology who are determined to stop him. I can't even describe how much I love these books and their author, the only way for you to understand is for you to read the books yourself.

I hope you read at least one of these books if you haven't read them already. Thank you for your time!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• I don't read YA but I sure as hell wish I could write it, considering its immense popularity in the past decade and a half.

I feel bad for missing out on Harry Potter, though. Everyone tells me they're great, whether you like YA or not.

• If you haven't read HP you should. They are really good, even if you don't usually like that type of book. It's never too late to start a new series, even if it's originally meant for younger people. :)

• I loved Percy Jackson too!

I also loved Candle Man and The Gate Thief

• I sense a theme here

What Girls Said 7

• I loved all of these series. Young Adult novels are my favorite because they are easy to read but many have good stories. I think thats very ideal for vacation reading because when you're on vacation, it's a good idea to give you're mind a rest.

• Yay Percy Jackson. I grew up with that shit, Percy was what I, a child with a few issues (no dyslexia but possible ADHD/ADD and probably APD) looked up to and wanted to emulate. When you have trouble hearing shit over background noise and remembering it, and sitting still and focusing for more than 20 seconds, someone who has another type of disability around your age is immensely cool

• Also, my ankles are a bit weird, so I have to wear high-top sneakers to stop them rolling and I walk funny, so everyone called my Grover for the longest time

• Read the first two series of books. Loved them.
    The last one looks a bit too childish for me now... But if you say so, considering your taste from the first two, it must be good.

I recommend The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and the Vampire Academy series - amazing and they fit the fantasy bill you're into. =)

• I've been told I should read the Vampire books before. I'm going to the bookstore soon so I'll pick them up. :)

• 🎀 you'll love them - very well written with interesting plots and good amount of suspense.

• HP FTW!!! Go Potterheadmania!

• Omg I LOVE the Percy Jackson books so much. They are life. :)

• I love all of those

• i've read all 7 harry potter books~ the series debuted when i was 12, and i was 23 when the last one was released. i'm close to 30 now, and i still count those among my all-time favourite books. :)

i still indulge in ya from time to time, though i've only read the first hunger games book (and it was awesome); my friend's daughter likes the percy jackson books and, since she's a lot like i was at her age, i probably would have enjoyed it as well.

• I started reading the Percy Jackson books when I was younger and Rick has still been releasing more. That's mostly the reason I'm still reading them. Also it's always fun to read something that isn't so intense or something that isn't a textbook once and a while. :)

• the artwork is beautiful~ if your cousin is under 10 years old, definitely go for that one (my sister's kids were 5 and 2 when she got it). but, if s/he is older, just go with the regular books.

• My oldest cousin is 9 almost 10 but she, like me, likes to read books that are meant for younger readers, so I think she'll like it. :)