5 Strange Thefts That Make You Say, "WTF Did They Steal THAT?!"

Most crimes are committed for understandable reasons. Its not usually a very good reason but you can usually understand the logic behind them. People rob banks because that's where they keep the money. People are serial killers because they are completely batshit insane. So greed, insanity, or revenge are generally the biggest motivators but then you have crimes like these. The ones that make you say what the actual fuck is the reasoning behind that.

Thieves in Jamaica steal a whole beachload of sand

So in 2008 thieves stole around 500 trucks worth of sand from a under construction resort. This raises tons of questions. Surely there are way easier to acquire sand in the Caribbean as it is everywhere and because it is everywhere the price of all that sand can't be that much. This also means that EVEN if the sand was worth anything the fact is they wouldn't have been able to fence as unloading five hundred trucks worth of sand when a beach just lost that much sand is not going to be easy. So many questions.

The Great Tainted Tampon Heist

In 2011 there was a shipment of over 16,000 boxes of tainted tampons headed for a facility in Oklahoma to be incinerated. However the truck was robbed and the thieves got away clean. They then did actually (Sucessfuly) sell all the tampons to retail stores so money was the motivation BUT the fact is that there must be easier and WAY more profitable things to steal however these thieves decided that their big score was going to be in tampons. Why, the world may never know.

18 million dollars of maple syrup

In Quebec there was a heist of EIGHTEEN MILLION DOLLARS worth of Maple syrup. Now the fact that this happened in Canada does nothing for their stereotypes. The fact is that enough syrup to retire was stolen from the Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers. It was a literal oceans eleven style heist too. The fact is if are that good at stealing then why not I don't know gold or diamonds or something more valuable. One thing is for sure, this heist could only have happened in Canada.

People steal manhole covers ALL THE TIME

People steal manhole covers all the time and its not just limited to one place it happens all over the globe for reasons I will never really understand I mean think about it. The fact is that you generally need at least two people to steal what is essentially worthless. You can't really sell them and even if you could they really are not worth very much. So the question remains, why on earth would you steal a manhole cover. The only reason I can think of is for shits and giggles.

A Garden in Kilkenny

Some rather moronic thieves stole this Woman's Garden in Kilkenny Ireland. The real question is what possible purpose could that serve. Its not like the garden was worth anything. The vegetables and plants could easily be found in stores so why on earth would you just take this poor woman's garden.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• None of this is surprising to me because about two years ago, someone stole the stop sign on my street.

• Thats actually a fairly common prank

• I just don't get why. It's not like it can be sold for anything, a few blocks down a neighbor got their street sign stolen.

• For shits and giggles, take a look at the street sign from fucking austria, they had to cement it into the ground because it kept getting stolen

• Bruh there is a lot is shit you can do with maple syrup! But that's a lot!!! What was that person thinking? To open a black market maple syrup shop out of his home 😂😂😂

• 😂😂😂😂 I can't right now with this take HAHAHAAA

• That poor woman, I'd be pissed if someone stole my cabbages.

• interesting.. tampons..

• Wow, cool Mytake! :)

• Lmao the first one, I remember that.
    Ahhh memories xD

• Wow. I understand the maple syrup one though, that's pretty expensive but it's good stuff lol

What Guys Said 5

• The funny thing is most people I know don't even have maple syrup at home while I have 2 containers.
    It's pretty expensive. I rarely use it but it tastes sooo good.

• On a beach in Saint Tropez, a rather 'exclusive' French Riviera place, someone once stole my thongs. :-o

• Don't misunderstand it: in France they gave the name thong to what Americans name flip flops.
      Thus somebody stealing flip flops size 7 near the seaside domain of Brigitte Bardot, back then a known movie star.
      :D :D

• At least we Americans are going to elect a democratic socialist in my lifetime,
      Sanders paved the way for that

• Yeah I'm a sanders fan.
      I'm a fan of washington state, oregon, and vermonts politics.

• About manhole. In Czech Republic it becomes a big problem and people (mostly gypsies) were stealing thousands of them. That's why all cities started changing them for hardened plastic.

• i know why i would steal manhole covers, it would be for the metal. i could make good use of that in a machine shop or something.

• sand for building, other stuff for money. manhole covers were stolen for scrap when steel prices were high and the garden... shits and giggles maybe