Your Own Worst Enemy

Ok I'm going off of personal experiences and experiences of others. So while many can't relate some can.

I've come to a point in my life where I realize just how much I'm worth to myself. For years I always thought other people were the reason I'm always down. Because I was criticized about my looks and the way I behaved. I began to feel worthless and a waste of space. Even after it all stopped I still felt like someone was always hurting me. Then I had to come to terms that it wasn't anyone, but myself making me feel such a way. When I look into a mirror I make more insults about myself than anyone ever has. I can't stand to see pictures taken of me, because I hate seeing my own face and body.

Your Own Worst Enemy

And I hear many girls and guys do the same thing to themselves. It comes to a point where you don't need others to insult you, because you do it yourself enough. They cut, starve, and beat themselves down just to ease the pain a little. It stopped being about what others think of us, and began being about what we think of ourselves. And sometimes we create an image of ourselves that we may never be able to reach. There's always the image we want to be and the image we wish we could destroy.

I want to smile like this again. When there was a time we only seen beauty in us. Instead of a forced half-smile. Because no matter how much we smile, it never makes us happier. I rather have no teeth and love to smile than perfect whites and hate to smile. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way and I want to change, but how do we escape ourselves. No one is perfect, but it begins to be a problem when we start to cry by the sight of our own reflection.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• Great great one 😃

• Also from personal experience, you can't escape on your own. Last year I came incredibly close to a complete mental breakdown. I had no idea what to do, I was terrified, and it was actually kind of lonely, now that I think about it. What helped me out of that was prayer, lots and lots of it, and, a lot tougher than it sounds, just trusting in God. I'm not trying to preach here, but that really is what freed me from myself.

What Girls Said 3

• Thank you for writing this and I could totally relate to what you were implying on this Take.
    The last sentence, girl, sums this up 🌸
    Great myTake :)

• Thanks. I just wrote what was on my mind. Let me tell you, I could write a whole book about it, but yeah the last sentence sums it up.

• nice mytake totally can relate

• Worst enemy and biggest critic is the self, once we come to the realization of self worth andself acceptance regardless of what society tells we should be, we recognize just how wonderful we are in our own right.