Men And Women Are Not Skillfully Equal

I've always considered myself an equalist. Women and Men equal to each other intellectually and in importance. But I find that a lot of people don't understand that I mean "equalist" in a sense of worth and general intelligence, but not at particular things. So here are some of those things, based on my experiences.

(This is not saying these are true for all people, just in a general sense)

1: Men Are Typically Better Drivers

I've found that usually men are better drivers than women. I feel that the reason for this is that women are more anxious and over-analyzing when driving, whereas men, being the big ego'd hotshots they are, are more confident behind the wheel. (I'm jokingly saying "big-ego'd", don't get all p*ssed).

2: Women Are Better At Cooking

Men, being as simplistic as they are, usually don't have the same concept of cooking as women do. A woman usually puts a lot more thought into everything going into the meal and how to properly cook things, whereas a man is perfectly content in throwing an unseasoned steak on the barbecue until it isn't red.

3: Men Are Physically Stronger

This one is just obvious. Men are physically stronger. Duh.

4: Women Are Better At Communicating Emotions

When a friend has gone through something bad or someone needs emotional support, a woman is usually better at giving it. They typically know what's best to say and how best to comfort someone in need.

So that's just a couple ways men and women differ. It doesn't make one less than the other, we're just different. And it's supposed to be that way.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• Well, yeah, for the most part. For many years, I thought the first one really was sexist, and I saw no physical or biological reason why it should be so. But after 20 years of driving...

... it be so.

And yes, there ARE exceptions, of course. My ex was a great driver. But really, for the most part...

• lol there is nothing women are better at.

• Women are worse at practically everything... except being evil

• 1. Many argue that women are the better drivers because they have less accidents. Men are generally more skilled at driving, but are more likely to engage in risky behavior which is why we have more accidents.

2. That seems to be true. I'm very careful when it comes to what I eat, but when it comes to cooking I don't like to mess about and I don't like overly complicated recipes.

3. Obvious, but very strange how many feminist-minded people will argue against it.

4. True. Women also tend to get more from talking about their emotions, to many men including myself it just seems like a waste of time when I could be doing something practical about whatever the situation is if it's negative emotions we're talking about.

I think the idea of equality, or some people's idea of equality, is bullshit. We should be treated equally under the law, but that's it. We aren't the same and we never will be, so this obsession some have with making sure that every single thing is 50/50 between the sexes is just plain stupid.

• Thank you 🙌

• Actually the best chefs in the world are men...

• duh.

mainly logic. women got their logic/moral compass rolled into their emotions and feelings of self.

while men are able to look at things objectively

• 5. Men can handle pressure better than women

Ex. Line cooks and chefs.
    Engineering where they are responsible for lives

• it's a good take.

• So why don't u put a pink apron and cook for us

• Why don't men stop talking and realize their only use is their bodies?

• Actually most of the world's top chefs are men.

Men also make up a much larger proportion of road fatalities than women. So if you use safety as the gauge for better driving then women are better.
    However men have better spacial coordination so that makes them better at negotiating distances during reverse and parralell parking.
    Those stats are skewed a bit though because more men actually drive than women.

• eeeh, this is on the very fringes of the truth, thing is, anyone can do anything when they want to, it just depends on how they approach it, you are right, men are stronger and women are better at communicating emotions, but i think that might be through a very long-winded evolutionary system of catering genders to certain roles, and in actual fact, i think as our societies have started to come closer and more equal, this affect of evolution is wearing off. i might be wrong, or i might be right, but either way, it's a curious concept, and i'd still be happy to work along side anyone, as long as they can do the job with all their passion, and that they know they're in the right place for them.

• "Generally" true.

• Most chefs and certainly the top ones are men... just sayin 😜 Having worked in the industry, i can say those of us who actually try are better at it.

Sorry gals you can't claim that one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 😂😂😂

• Strongly disagree, but okay then! :)

• Are you seriously still trying to debate this... Jesus

• I am merely responding to your points with facts. If it was a debate you're more than welcome to counter with facts.

Since you mentioned elsewhere you had a reason for disagreeing, i am curious to know what it is?

• Well fuck that
    In my personal experience, maybe 3 and 4, but there's so little consigns you with that its basically irrelevant

• I dont think women are better with cooking, the best chief in the world is male u know that?

• i like this mytake, its good that we have different skills, so somewhere its good to have each other.

What Girls Said 10

• Disagree with one. Somewhat agree with the rest.

• Actually, women are statistically better drivers. They're less likely to get into accidents. But otherwise, yeah.

Also, I'm glad you posted a pic of Nick Bateman.

• I'm not sure statistically, just basing this off of personal experience. Maybe I've just been in the car with some bad women drivers lol

And thank you lol

• can i just point out that the rates are more for guys (not in uk as european court of human rights decided it was discriminating) because men drive proportionally more miles than women hence are more likely to crash. it has nothing to do with driving skill

• @wankiam that might be true

• None of the above are true. Duh!

• I think nowadays both men and women are dumb drivers becuase of the use of cell phones. I can't count how many times I have seen BOTH men and women constantly bobbing their head down, or delaying the line at a green light because they're not paying attention.

• Most of those are not gender specific traits, but rather just due to how we were socialized. Like, momen are encouraged by society to be good cooks in a way men are not, thus women end up better at cooking. And #2 is straight up untrue. Statistically, women get in fewer accidents than men and are just all around better drivers. Besides, no one is claiming that there are no differences between men and women. It's just that the evidence that those differences are innate rather than taught is severely lacking.

• 1- mens car insurance is higher because of more accidents.
    2- think of all the biggest chefs, more men than women.
    4- Na, depends how you're raised. Some guys are raised to speak up, some girls aren't raised to speak up. It's probably more cultural and will vary from country to country... Maybe.

• Numbers 3 & 4, I agree with that. Men are physically stronger because they have far more testosterone in their bodies, which helps to build muscle.

Number 1 & 2, those are debatable. It depends on the context, especially with the cooking one. If you're talking professional cooking, there are probably just as many if not more male chefs than there are female chefs. For average people though, women are probably perceived as better cooks because it's more likely that they are the ones preparing household meals. It doesn't mean that they're actually any good at cooking though. Women are viewed as naturally skilled cooks and bakers because those have always traditional female tasks. If men had always been the homemakers, we'd be assuming that men are the better cooks.

• I don't particularly agree with one and two but 3 and 4, I do.

• Yes men are better at driving then women. You should tell that to actuaries who have calculated the rate of car insurance for males to be higher than for females.

• Also women aren't necessarily better than men at cooking. Most great chefs are male actually. 3 and 4 are correct though just because of the physiology of humans. 1 and 2 are dead wrong though.

• @flintlockwood thanks and i hope you do get a drive... its not for the feint hearted though ;)

• #wankiam Haha, thank you. I'm sure, must require some huge ones to do that lol

• awesome take!!!