What It's Like to Feel Everything So Deeply

I think every one of you have heard of the extremely sensitive people.

I am one of them. I haven't really understood why other people have so easy to move on and get along with everything. I have always thought I am just so shy and too much of an introvert to feel good with extroverts and pressure.

Later I have realized I am not that shy, I am not very introverted but I am very sensitive.

I cry easily and I get hurt easily. I feel good about myself but in difficult situations it doesn't matter how strong I am or how good my self-esteem is. This is what being extremely sensitive is about.

Are you an highly sensitive person too?

It is about feeling everything in a stronger way, your mood might change because of a small stupid thing. You might fall in love too easily and feel like you will never climb up again. It is not the same as depression but you might get depression easier too. You get anxiety on Sunday nights and might loose sleep over the smallest things. You feel bad in a crowd and noise makes you annoyed. Bright lights might hurt you and you might have migrains more easily. You may feel like you do not fit in.

Many people do not understand what it is to be a very sensitive person. This is obvious, because they have never been there. For people who never experiences it themselves do not understand it completely. But they can try to be more understanding.

Here is a few tips

If you are interested in reading about it more, here is a very good list of things highly sensitive people make different:

What they do different

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• It can be difficult for extremely sensitive people. They don't have the hardened shell they need to shield themselves from a lot of the crap that floats through the air on a daily basis, and they feel everything quite keenly.

• Yeah that's very true. Sometimes I think I have already got that shell but no. Maybe it is something that can't change.

• It is. :)

• oh I'm super sensitive, i was born like that even when i was a kid i had a small duck and when it died i cried for weeks for it... i even cry sometimes when i see how some people are nice to me, i dunno what is it, maybe happiness but with tears, i wish i was like those people who don't give any shit for anything, they really live a happier life... and it's completely wrong that men don't cry, trust me they cry but not in public like girls do, we cry when we are alone.

• Yeah it sucks being sensitive at school girls think I'm a loser because I pay close attention to my feelings. My advice watch who you express yourself by but don't be ashamed :-)

• Nice take - There was a stage where I thought I was a highly sensitive person and looked into it a bit - I am probably a bit of a HSP and fully endorse any personal research undertaken by anyone who can get tips and share them with others to make their life more easier - Well done, sharing your experience and communication with others is never a bad thing.

• you'd think a highly sensitive person wouldn't want to describe themselves w/ am acronym.

• Yes that's right. I did take the test and it shows I am a highly sensitive person. However I am also very logical, so I don't go based on feelings as such. Never!

My sensitivity stems from the kind of morals, values that I have as a person. If you understand what I mean.

I totally dislike to leave my comfort zone and I am very much change resistant.

• i've been diagnosed like an hyper sensitive child when i was 5
    how that affected me? for istance, i never claimed to be special. but i felt a lot of discomfort, a lot of thoughts i was making were way ahead compared to my peer Group, so most of times i was alone. I grew up feeling like an outsider and from time to time, i hated it as it was a part of myself, and i loved it for the same reason

On the other hand, i felt most of the time like i had a social handicap of sorts. some stuff really made me depressed or hateful for a long time and influenced in the negative way a lot of things, relationships and workwise
    On the positive side, i feel like im gifted - not special. Im Learning to appreciate life and companionship more than a normal person can be, and yes, its a double edged sword but when you grow up, to survive you develop a thick skin.

• At least I have a comfort zone... and I almost never step out of it.

• Lol I feel you. It's like this describes me to a T! Elain Aron was right though, in the West at least we are typically told to "not be so sensitive" and usually struggle with depression and anxiety :( Thank you though, this makes me feel much more normal :)

What Girls Said 5

• You experience life more fully. Nothing wrong with that.
    I used to be like that, but eventually I got treated for bipolar disorder and now I'm not so sensitive.

On a similar note: this song may be relevant for you. I wish it was around when I was younger, because I could've related a lot. Except for the part where it says "they call you crybaby, and you don't fucking care" - I did care, a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKAXGoEurW0

• Im too sensitive. I saw a movie on the holacaust a couple of year's ago, kid's being thrown into pit's, gassing's, and it still makes me sick. wish I could forget I ever saw it. :(

• Yeah, I avoid those kind of movies... I never really enjoy watching a movie that makes me feel ill for a long time.

• Even we have the ability to use logic and reasoning they still tend to follow their emotions - YEP! I hate when my mind and heart disagree!

• @PiscesEyes.

Mind and heart disagreeing is a very common thing and in most cases your mind and heart will never agree. You are not alone in that.

• When I hear HSP, that is me INFJ with Intuition talking. I don't just feel peoples pain, or just relate to them. It literally becomes my own pain. And then I need to take a step back or I'll migraines and nausea. If I get too close, I end up seeing their true selves, past, what was done in the present, future choices, etc. Your secret is no longer a secret. That's why I don't like getting touched a lot unless I grow to become accepting of you or trust you.

• I'm INFJ and if I spend too much time with people I start to get physically sick

• @mistixs Same. I can't deal with that. As much as I love people. I just can't. I have a certain tolerance level.

• I'm an INFP HSP with BPD. And breathe lol