What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Personality

The Way You Sleep, Reveals Your Hidden Personality.I Think You Should Know What Your Sleeping Position Say About Your Personality.

Research proves that the way a person sleeps can tell us everything about them – their thoughts, feelings, and desires. Take this test and see for yourself!

Psychologists established a strong link between one’s sleeping position and the way they view the world. In fact, scientists believe that a sleeping person’s body language never lies.

Of course, we don’t remain in the same sleeping position all night. Our sleeping position may change up to 40 times a night, and even more if we’re feeling particularly stressed. Nevertheless, each of us has a ‘favorite’, a position we sleep in most of the time. It tends to be the position that you wake up in (waking up to an alarm clock doesn’t count, as it can wake you up at any stage of sleep)

1. Sleeping on your back

As a rule, sleeping in this position means you’re feeling quite relaxed. It’s a sign of confidence and psychological power. People like that feel confident in any given situation, and are always ready to take in new information and make new acquaintances. However, confidence can often turn into arrogance. Spreading your arms and legs wide and taking up a lot of space on the bed indicates that.

2. Fetal position

This is position 2, characterized by sleeping on your side with your legs often pressed up against your belly, and your arms wrapped around your body or the blanket. People who sleep in this position usually stay in one corner of the bed and like to sleep next to a wall. This position indicates that a person feels intimidated in life, and doesn’t feel like engaging in situations and events happening around them. They need a ‘guardian’, someone who can take care of them and protect them from life’s challenges.

3. Sleeping on your belly

This position is characterized by sleeping on your belly hugging the bed with your arms. A person will normally rest their arms on the pillow or alongside their body, with their legs straightened. A person who sleeps predominantly in this position likes to take charge and make his own decisions in life. They often don’t take criticism very well, as they believe their own actions and decisions are the only ‘correct’ ones. This sleeping position indicates the person is stubborn and extremely driven to achieve their goal, as well as attentive to detail.

4. Sleeping on the side

The last sleeping position is characterized by sleeping on your side, but not curled up in a ball like the first one. Your arms and legs are stretched out, or slightly bent. As a rule, this position can be distinguished from the fetal position as the body tends to look more relaxed. People who prefer this sleeping position have an analytical mindset, are stable and reliable. They find it quite easy to adapt to any situation in life, and can overcome hardships without possessing extraordinary mental strength or any kind of special qualities.

Determine your favorite sleeping position and check out the interpretation.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 35

• I'm pretty skeptical about this kind of thing. Sleep positions simply reflect what feels most physical comfortable for you.. I could literally read any of those four explanations having been told that's what my sleep position means and it'd be believable. It's like horoscopes.

Really, the reasons I sleep on my side are:

- Boobs make sleeping on my stomach uncomfortable
    - On my back there is no comfortable place to put my arms
    - boyfriend and I like to spoon as we fall asleep
    - I like curling the blanket around me all cozy like, which is best accomplished half curled on your side

• Yup, that's me. Stable and reliable.

And all this time I thought I slept on my side because my back hurt when I tried sleeping that way. Who knew?

• I think it's funny how everything you do there's some research lab somewhere to define what that specific thing say's about you and your personality.

If my mom was to read this she would tell you that, what her sleeping positions say about her is that she has a bad back and her switching from the right to left side all through the night is simply because it's the only way she can sleep and it's how she's most comfortable. So, not every position someone sleeps in is because it's how they are as person, sometimes it's either A) just a comfortable way to sleep or B) It's the only way they can sleep due to some physical aliment or injury.

• Obviously pain will effect any sleeping pattern. This study is correct though. This is not a new study... by the way.

• hm, is there a sprawl position trait? Like with half of your body hanging off the side and your arms at an awkward position like you have just fallen down a flight of stairs? also followed by a 'How the hell did I get here?' confused state upon waking? ಠ_ಠ

• This is interesting.

I like to sleep on position 3, but this description doesn't matches me. So maybe, this isn't true for everyone.

• I'm number 4. It seems fitting

• 3 and 4 - hmmmm... maybe, maybe...

• I don't really know what my favorite is, as I sleep in several different positions depending on where I'm at, how tired I am, and what is more comfortable at the moment. I've found I love to wrap my arms around my pillow (mainly because the underside of the pillow is so cool) and curl up near it, but I usually end up not curled up by morning. I rarely sleep on my back, but when I do, I usually have my knees bent.

• I change my positions over the night. I turn a lot in bed. I sometimes end up on the floor and wake up.

• Mine is the last one

• 3 and 4 are my favorite positions. Though I try to sleep on my back because they say it's better for you but I always end up in one of those positions when I wake.

• I am 3 & 4. Interesting. 👀

• Pretty arcuate

• 4 and I would consider that an accurate description of myself

• Hahaha, well I sleep in all of these positions. So I must be a combination of all of those personalities.

• I sleep on the side (No. 4). The description is totally me!

• Yeah, true for me too. It's really interesting.

• I sleep in the fetal position and side position. Both partly true.

• 4 tbh

• 3 & 4 mostly...

1 when its hot or I've been hiking.

#2 looks completely suffocating.

• More from Girls
    15

What Guys Said 43

• One particular issue with this which makes me harbor skepticism is that I fall asleep in different ways per night. I don't have a favorite and about evenly alternate between 1, 3, and 4. I have even slept in fetal position on really cold nights lol. I just kind of flop to one and deal with it as I pass out 😅

• This is pop science. Absolutely nothing to suggest that any of this is actually true. And what if you sleep in different positions? Complete nonsense, the way you sleep says nothing about your personality. Besides, most people are a mix of personalities.

• Number 3 fits me perfectly

• i'm 3. i feel like the only thing that is accurate is that i am somewhat stubborn

• I never know how I sleep - I think I fall asleep on my side but seem to wake up on my back. Maybe on my side is how I see myself and on my back is how I am.

• 3 & 4, I guess it's mostly right, good Take.

• Looks like horoscope bullshit to me lets see the "research" that proves it all.

• Sounds like BS clickbaity title thing. I would say buzzfeed but its not a list. For each one you're just listing random character traits that almost everyone could relate to.

I guarentee if I swapped all of the descriptions of the personality no one would notice. They would still relate to the one with the position they sleep in.

• Well usually the way I sleep is on the side... and Everything described is true too...
    But sometimes I sleep on my back too... Lol

• I alternate between #1 and #4. I'll sometimes wake up in position #3. I wonder what that says about me.

• I fall asleep on the side. I usually wake up in this position as well, but also find myself waking on my back sometimes.

• 70% - 3
    30% - 4

But i'm open to other's opinions, i'm not that guy that things he's better than the other's, at least since i was a young teen.

• I sleep in position number 4. Heck I enjoyed learning this and what the sleeping position says about me and others!

• i do most of them in one night's sleep. i can't lay still.

• None of them list my positions, yeah most of the time i sleep in positions that aren't painful because neck and back problems, but theyre are a few positions i like sleeping in, like on my back with my legs on a chair seat (i sleep on the floor) or my legs resting on something semi high, or on my side with on leg and arm resting on a chair or something semi high, or on my back or side with one leg crossed over, like how guys sit, with my ankle resting on my thigh and my other leg bent at the knee standing up, hard to explain and a few other comfy positions

• Side-sleeper through and through, although Im not always as analytical as I'd hope

• 3 & 4 are my.

• I am 1 and definitely not "cocky" facts are facts smh

• I'm always number 4

• I'm a blend between on my back and on my side.

• More from Guys
    23