5 Big Things I Miss About Being a Kid

I'm sure we all have a couple of things we miss about being a kid and all the fun times we used to have. Now I can't talk for everyone because everyone's childhood is different, especially for those who didn't have Internet like I did when I was growing up, but when I wasn't on the internet I was outside playing with my friends like a normal child should! So here are a couple of things I miss about being a kid!

1) Presents! πŸŽπŸ›

Now of course we all love gifts! Whether it was for a birthday, or Christmas, or Hanukkah, or even for losing a tooth, presents used to be something I'm sure we all looked forward to as a kid. I remember losing my first tooth and waiting for the tooth fairy to come I was so happy and I couldn't wait! And waking up every morning to open up lots of gifts that were beautifully wrapped under my Christmas tree. The excitement and joy I felt the night before when I couldn't fall asleep because I knew Santa was coming. It's just not the same anymore!

2) Kickball! Manhunt! Freeze Tag! Hopscotch! What?

Nowadays kids don't even know what some of these games are. All of the kids now just know what an iPhone is. But I miss when I was a kid and I used to play all of these fun games when I actually went outside to play with my friends until it was dark. We would play outside together for hours and everyone knew everyone else. We had so much freedom and so much fun. And now when I go outside, I'm lucky if I even see a single child playing outside.

3) Being so innocent and carefree!

As a child I didn't have to worry about a thing. I never had to worry about paying bills or working, going to college, or even have a thought in my mind of what I was going to do with my life when I grew up. I was innocent and never judged anyone. Skin color didn't make someone different. Kids have love for everyone. It just depends on how you are raised. No kid has hatred inside of them until it is instilled in them. So I miss having that open mind and accepting everyone and not getting my heart broken and having a bad view against certain people because of my experiences.

4) Video Games!

Remember Mario Cart? What about Crash?

I miss the old games! I miss playing the Wii, and PlayStation 1! When games were actually interesting and about strategy and not only just about violence and sex. Life years ago was so pure and beautiful. I miss being a child!

5) The park!

Wow do I miss the park! I miss swinging so high on the swings and having my parents push me so I can get higher. Or playing in the sandboxes. I miss going down the slides and seeing who can get down which slide faster. The really nice weather when at the park and just hearing my parents say those words "were going to the park" that made my entire week!

So if you have kids or plan on having them, please! Keep them young for as long as you can! Let them experience what you experienced as a kid! Don't take their childhood away from them. Encourage them to go outside and make lots of friends and stay young. Childhood is beautiful and every kid should have one ☺️

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

I miss a lot of that. :)

Just one note: Video games were certainly more innocent back in the day, but they're VASTLY deeper now. They were just toys for kids at first; many are now full-fledged pieces of entertainment for adults, with extremely intricate storylines and amazingly complex gameplay. There are now elements of multiple genres in just about every game created today, and they're so massive - in terms of both general scope and overall size - that it's difficult to even explain.

In other words, I'll always love Super Mario Kart (hell, I've still got the SNES hooked up in my bedroom) but you can't really compare it to games like The Witcher 3, now can you? ;)

Great Take indeed, well... I still get presents for my birthday and New Year, it's a family tradition, and I still play video games :P

Havin grown up in the 90s, going to the video store and renting VHS tapes. I mean despite that Netflix is cool and convenient, there was something special about renting VHS tapes. When you have less of something, you want it more.

Plus cartoons, fox kids, and other tv shows.

I also miss having sleepovers and how going anywhere outside of a friends house or yard felt like I was exploring as a kid.

I also miss not taking anything too seriously.

Pffft, who doesn't know what hopscotch or freeze tag is? XD
    And "Mario Kart" still exists and we still play it!

For me, that included Saturday morning cartoons.

Great call on 2,3 and 5 - Street games, Carefree/Innocent and The Park

You just made yourself sound so old 😂
    I figured you were middle aged until I saw your pick 🔥🔥
    I wish I could relate, I had a shit childhood

I wish I was an innocent child. Maybe I would have been a much nicer child.

I'm just glad that I made the step away from missing these things. Yet I didn't have to say goodbye to them. My girl and me still give presents to each other on out birthdays, we play video games together, she makes me feel carefree, and we also have walks in the park :P

I miss the scolding I used to get from my parents and teachers because I was really a naughty kid.

Get a bossy girlfriend. I said DO it, NOW... jk;)

YW! I think your job sounds awesome and you sound responsible to me... I've seen tooonnss of people nvr stop acting badly IRL but you sound really cool.

@SovereignessofVamps According to "2013 Retirement Confidence Survey" , 40% of all American workers think they need to accumulate at least $ 5,00,000 by the time they retire. But a stunning 76% of the Americans have saved less than $ 1,00,000 for retirement. So they need to catch up fast and start saving and investing more.

What Girls Said 6

• 6d

liked it,

I see kids outside in my neighborhood a lot, and at the park.

I miss number 3 the most.
    Having time to play all day long.
    Being healthy and energetic.

I still do some of these with my daughters.

Me too :'c I miss those too.

I miss rollerskating, doing tricks on my bike, coloring, drawing, swimming, reading, and I remember asking grown ups all kinds of questions and then getting annoyed if they didn't have an answer. We didn't have the webs back then lol. I thought they should automatically know things because they were adults.