In Memory of Satoru Iwata

In memory of Satoru Iwata

Yes I know he died over a year ago but 10 days ago, "DidYouKnowGaming?" did a video talking about all that Satoru Iwata has accomplished. How he was the CEO, Game Developer, but most of all he was a gamer above all. Before watching this video I honestly thought Satoru Iwata looked uptight and too serious. Now that I've watched it, that's changed my opinion completely and at the ending almost brought me to tears. For the people who won't bother watching this video note this. When the WiiU failed he cut his own salary to pay the workers so they wouldn't lose their job. Then right after that he found out about the cancer and it all just kept going down hill from there. Even when all hope seemed lost he still had a smile on his face and thought of everyone else. Words can't describe how truly amazing this gamer was during his life time and I'm happy didyouknowgaming did this for him.

Warning! This video might make you cry at the end!

26
Mustachekitteh is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy was awesome. Seriously what CEO of a company routinely engages fans? How often does that happen? He was passionate about the people who built him up. He always wanted to give back.

I miss his Nintendo direct episodes.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• you dont find this from many CEO's because of arrogance. this guy was one of a kind

• Awesome tribute, Satoru Iwata was a great man, he will be missed :(

• "You want a revolution? Well , you got one !"
    *Opens Jacket, grabs and shows a Wii prototype, lol

I don't remember if this was what he said exactly, i think it was :p

• Rip to a true innovator

• An amazing way to pay tribute to an amazing man well said!

What Girls Said 1