Why I Am Tired Of Humanity

Humanity, Humanity

As badly as I want to reach for the stars, I am constantly

pulled down by gravity.

One world we share yet we operate like a dysfunctional family.

I've been patient with you but can no longer contain my sanity.

Humanity, Humanity

Where have we gone?

When criminals are committing a crime instead we'd rather flick our cell phones on.

We care more about our views and becoming viral, than a fellow human beings survival.

We'd rather capture clear footage than be a strong force that can stand together, end,

and rebuke this.

Humanity, Humanity

Our perception of beauty is a look someone paid a million dollars to achieve.

Cosmetic surgery is on the rise while suicide rates continue to take a dive.

We want to be this, we want to be that, society has got us pressured.

To live up to high expectations without rulers; one that cannot be measured.

Humanity, Humanity

I once remember when we could discipline our children,

without having an audience clapping, broadcasting, and onlooking.

It's like we need a crowds approval for each and every step we take,

Is that what the world has become? Is massive destruction of purity what

we choose to procreate?

Humanity, Humanity

You've left my heart cracked , in shock, and in utter despair.

How ugly you are, no amount of words could have made me prepare.

For what life is and continues to be.

A world filled with billions of people but still is one which lies empty.

Words are singularly the most powerful force available to humanity. We can choose to use this force constructively with words of encouragement, or destructively using words of despair. Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate and to humble.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 17

Well life used to be a lot worse. We are living in the most peaceful time possibly ever, at least recorded history. More people have access to food and water to survive. Most people in the west are living better than ever. Most of our problems come from scarcity and as soon as technology gives us a post scarcity economy life will improve for the lowest human as well. Just sayin.

In general, things could "always be worse".
      But that doesn't mean there is never any room for improvement.
      The way technology is dictating many peoples lives is sad.

Technology has its pros and cons.
      The people that mis-use technology are whose lives are becoming worse and negatively impacted by it. That is who I am referring to.

Ahh ok I understand.

You just made me so happy. It's good to know that there are good people out there :)

then accept the world what it is like a grown person.

This take is not about not being accepting with the world.
      It is about disagreeing about how a significant amount of us allow technology to dictate our lives.
      This has nothing to do with being grown or not.

my point stands, it won't change since you don't like it.

Your opinion is inaccurate.
      I did not say I did not accept the world... Its not like I have a choice whether to or not.
      I did not state that I wanted you to change your opinion nor do I care.

Amen Stacy!

I'm tired of all the bad humans, not humanity

Humans are becoming nothing more than duplicates of each other in my opinion.

If suicide rates are declining, isn't that good?

Also, these days you don't get claps for disciplining your child, you get the cops called on you for telling at them.

But this is pretty well written. I like it.

There's nothing wrong with disciplining your own child. What I see wrong with the modern world now is that, things that should be between family is recorded and displayed for everyone on social media to see. There's countless videos of parents showcasing the way they discipline their kid as if they should win some award by showing their in control over a child that clearly should listen to them.
      I meant the word "dive" as more of a slang more of a descriptive way to show that people are plummeting and taking their own lives. I didn't mean it as a way to show suicide rates are declining.
      perhaps I should change the word to "rise" I wouldn't want any to get confused on that message.

"There's countless videos of parents showcasing the way they discipline their kid as if they should win some award by showing their in control over a child that clearly should listen to them."

Really? Shit. Then yeah, there's something seriously wrong with people. All the more reason I hate people and am glad I stay off of social media.

hun whats your truth?

You posted this on the thing that is to blame for all our ailments.

human would exist if ugly humans didn't exist

Beautiful poem. I think it would work well as a rap too

So true - Great piece of writing - Very relevant topic

He is amazing!

I like the second video, but the first one has some gross misrepresentation of of the facts. Be very careful when you walk down Ecology Road. Climate change junk science, for example, is total fear mongering and unscientific bullshit. Some of the green meanies actually want to see you dead..

great words but age teaches me that actions speak louder.

I am guessing that is in reference to the final quote.

The entire take speaks about actions of others :)

one thing that it mentions is that the internet is very much a tool of the controlling forces. the reason being is that by controlling searches, ie google filtering stuff to give you the 'most relevant' sites, we largely only get to talk to people that already agree with us so as left wing or subversive as you think you are you will only find others that are the same rather than being able to spread the word. we tend to then feel great coz we aren't alone but actually we achieve nothing. like a trumpist is never going to search fracking and if we do we only get to contact with other anti frackers.

That's definitely something to think about.
      Thanks for answering :)

You're too young yet to write this.

No, I'm not :)

Every generation says the world is going to shit. Humans exaggerate. We are by far significantly better off than even our great grandparents and have rights, liberties and amenities that they couldn't conceive of.

We really are. If you don't like it, go live in a rural commune that doesn't use technology.

The dating/mating game is unfair, an injustice, that's what I hate about life

What Girls Said 5

This is beautiful!

I liked your poem; it is very true to heart and enlightening.

I think your underlying message here is about people's constant need for validation and mainstream conformity. 😞

• 2d

cool,

Everything you said is true especially "It's like we need a crowds approval for each and every step we take" so sad but true. <3

We arel humans but the human race had lost their humanity a long time ago, when we stop caring or we stop having our morals and values inthe place they should be and we do not give a da*mn for certain things.

Yeah fully agree. History doesn't paint a nice picture for humans. It's actually better now than before.

@Scrambledagain I think it was better before tan now for certain things