Don't Ever Consume These Things Before Sleeping!

Caffeine

You all know that coffee contains caffeine. Caffeine has a different effect to everybody but generally it makes you awake. That's why you must stop caffeine intake a few hours before sleeping.

Alcohol

Generally people who drink alcohol sleep but it's not what you think. When alcohol mixes with blood, you may wake up many times at night. This means that you won't have enough sleep.

Junk food

Not only snacks but also fast foods. Just keep away from them.

Spices

Spices generally lead to heartburn. Especially if you have a sensitive stomach it can make you awake along the whole night. Even you don't have any problems, it may cause reflux.

Energy drinks

Energy drinks contains caffeine. We can even say caffeine bomb! Keep it in your mind that you won't be able to sleep after drinking it.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• 2d

great onee

• 27d

Oh no... but I like these things...

• 29d

1) I drink coffee at night and never have any problems going to sleep. I guess it's just me tho.

2) I don't drunk much alcohol anyways

3) yea, I gotta stop that ugh

4) I'm indian haha so spicy food is life and I always almost always eat something spicy before going to bed.

5) I never drink that crap.

Anyhow, good take!

I tend to have a bad habit drinking energy drinks before sleeping. I need to stop doing that =/.

Lmao last night I broke my rule and had ice cream at 1:00 am

What Guys Said 10

• 27d

I have done the alcohol and junk food things. Insofar nothing happened.

• 27d

And yet I still have crippling insomnia, but I don't do any of those things.

• 29d

Yeah, alcohol causes me not to have restful sleep.

Caffeine... moreso in coffee causes me to sleep. I'm one of those people where I go directly to "the crash." Always have been. I keep double espressos in the house (can / bottle) for when I can't sleep. Puts me out within 5 minutes.

Coffee. Nothing doing to me. And never did. Apart from it tastes really good.
    Alcohol makes me sleep sometimes. So no reason not to drink it before sleep.
    Junk food calm my nerves, so again for sleep is good for me
    Spices. I eat spicy food my entire life, so again, my stomach gets used to it, not upset.
    Energy drinks are just wasting of money in my case, no energy added, just makes me weak in my knees because of high sugar.

I try not to eat or drink right before bed but sometimes it gets so late that you haven't eaten yet and you must before bed.

The last one had me laughing. It's from Bruce Almighty IIRC. Thanks for the tips, I know we all could use it. About the caffeine part, it's hard when I have to work a late night or evening shift or sometimes an overnight shift though. Maybe when I get a new job at some point that will not have any late night shifts required so I'll never need to consume any coffee while on the job for the late evening and night shifts.

The only things I might take before sleep are water or milk. Otherwise, I would wake up with the ugliest face.

Very good advice to those who have trouble sleeping

I approve of GAG's support of "freedom of speech" but this "take" is wrong 5 for 5.

trollolololololol