5 Things You Should Tell Yourself When You're Down

1. "Keep hope alive"

It doesn't matter how difficult your life is, don't lose your hope. You will get over it.

I'm hopeful! Everything will be okay.

2. "My experiences make me strong"

We are as powerful as the life we get through. There is a difference between the flowers which grow in garden and in a pot.

I accept life the way it is and I succeed.

3. "I love myself"

We love everybody in life except ourselves. And sometimes we even push ourselves a lot. Even we control some things we can't know what will happen.

I love myself

4. "Think positive"

Nothing is as bad as you think it is. What you have in life is the result of your thoughts.

I will think positive starting from today

5. "I am in control of my life"

Don't wait to move on. It's never too late to start a happy life, so leave your regrets in past.

It's a great day today and I'm a wonderful person. I forgive all my mistakes and take control of my life.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• 5d

good quotes

• 19d

What's the point of " Love myself"?

• 20d

Great take, It reflects pain and the "hope" that it will be better sooner or later. I presume you are in some sort of pain or was (days ago) cuz its channels through your written content.
    can I ask what it is?

• 20d

"It doesn't matter how difficult your life is, don't lose your hope. You will get over it."

No, quite a number of events traumatize people for life and all persons are shaped by this negative influence. You won't get over it and sometimes that's a good thing. Blind Hope is no less terrifying than Fearmongering.

"We are as powerful as the life we get through. There is a difference between the flowers which grow in garden and in a pot."

This is false through and through. If that were the case websites like this wouldn't exist and people wouldn't succumb to their circumstances. The reality is that if it were the life we endured which granted us power many of the movers and shakers who endured also little shouldn't exist.

"We love everybody in life except ourselves. And sometimes we even push ourselves a lot. Even we control some things we can't know what will happen."

Never. Ever. Lie. To. Yourself. About. Loving. Yourself.

This is actually one of the greatest ways to push yourself to suicidality. It's not even complicated as to see why; imagine for a moment you lie to yourself, and aware of it, that you can fly. You think in your head "That's stupid. I can't actually fly. Telling myself that doesn't make it so." Turns out telling yourself that you love yourself knowing it's a complete lie makes you more likely to grow bitter towards yourself and far more rapidly at that. Of all the advice this is the worst hands down. Do not ever lie to yourself about your own opinion of yourself because it turns out that you are you and you know it's a lie.

It's also why staring in a mirror and saying "I'm beautiful!" everyday when you don't believe it doesn't work.

"Nothing is as bad as you think it is. What you have in life is the result of your thoughts."

Yeah, no. That's evident by anyone and everyone who has undergone major trauma, especially victimization at the hands of others, on this planet. I dare you to talk up to a rape victim and say this. Actually maybe that should be the limitus test; walk up to someone who is a victim of abuse, torture, assault or unjust violence and use these quotes. If they don't make sense there they don't make sense anywhere.

"Don't wait to move on. It's never too late to start a happy life, so leave your regrets in past."

Sure, let's just pretend that we all ignore convicts and their reputations aren't smeared for life. Because that's great advice. Your yesterdays matter. A lot.

• 20d

Great take. While these might be easier said than done, depending on how one take's a stressful situation, the worst you can do is be more negative.

I won't lie. I've had a lot of rough things happen this year from losing a job, having a car crap out on me, to being rebounded or flaked on a lot and as rough as these situations are, being negative and thinking low of yourself only makes it worse.

• 22d

good mytake, means a lot for me

• 22d

This is some fortune cookie bullshit that everybody already read a thousand times (thanks to the internet) and I doubt it could actually make somebody feel better

• 22d

Great Take - I totally agree

• 22d

I don't get why people feel like they need to do this shit

• 22d

It clearly resonates with some people

• 22d

@karahiri yeah ! But remember the only reason one needs to lift him/herself up is because they feel down. So isn't it better to live devoid of feelings?

• 23d

Trust in yourself always.

What Girls Said 4

• 5d

hope is everything

• 22d

Thank you for this Take! That's exactly what I need in my life, right now. :)

• 22d

Usually you're down because or when you believe in these things.

• 23d

This forum needs a lot more of these encouraging, uplifting things! Thank you♡