15 Fun Facts about Serial Killers

1. A brain abnormality that causes low activity in your orbital cortex combined with abuse (child neglect, emotional, physical, or mental abuse, etc.) is what makes a serial killer.

2. Ted Bundy worked at a suicide hotline and saved a child from drowning before he became a serial killer. He also got recognition from the Seattle police chief for chasing down a purse thief.

3. Amardeep Sada is the worlds youngest serial killer. He is 8 years old.

4. Luis Garavito, one of the worlds most prolific serial killers, has 138 confirmed victims and will be released in 2021.

5. Mary Bell was a young serial killer who killed acquaintances when she was a child. She was paroled in 1980 and became a mother in 1984. Her whereabouts are unknown.

6. A serial killer named Rodney Alcala was on a tv show called The Dating Show. It was very popular in the 70's. He won however the bachelorette, Cheryl Bradshaw refused to go on a date with him because she thought he was creepy. Bachelor number 2 agreed and said he was odd, that he had bizarre opinions, along strange body language and aura. The video is here below. He was throwing all kinds of red flags.

7. Rodney Alcala also acted as his own lawyer. Literally. In a deep voice, he would address himself as Mr. Alcala and asked himself questions. He would then answer them in his normal voice. He did this for five hours in an interrogation room.

8. Jeffrey Dahmer pulled so many pranks in high school that his classmates made the phrase, "doing a Dahmer."

9. John Wayne Gary met former first lady, Rosalyn Carter. He was also given secret service clearance.

10. Most serial killers are obsessed with authority figures. Many have tried to become police men to gain access to potential victims, like Ted Bundy or John Gacy.

11. Legends of vampires and werewolves are likely to have been inspired by real serial killers.

12. It's impossible to tell if a child will grow up to be a serial killer. However the top warning signs are animal torture, bed-wetting past the age of 12 (yes, this is a major trait in serial killers), and juvenile pyromania.

13. A serial killer named David Berkowitz wrote to a newspaper columnist and addressed himself as "the son of Sam."

14. Randy kraft was a serial killer who was pulled over for a driving violation when CHP found a dead marine in his passenger seat.

15. Convicted serial killer, Albert Fish helped his executioner position the wires on his electric chair. He then said, "I don't know why I'm here." It took two jolts to kill him.

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• 17d

Very interesting. I watch a lotof that show Deadly Women about femal killers and serial killers. They had an episode about number 6. A fun fact about John Wayne Gacy is his finalwords before his execution was" Kiss my ass".

• 17d

Another fun fact: The killer doll Chucky in the Childs Play movies was names after Charles Manson, Lee Harvey Oswald, and James Earl Ray.

• 18d

I knew about the dating show one but that one is always insane talking about it

• 15d

Little known fact. Hannibal Lecter is a damn good battle rapper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfkR5o_bcSg

• 15d

I can never understand killers.
    Why take a life when you could have that life live in fear?

• 17d

Interesting facts, very informative Take.

• 18d

I'd rather avoid people like this!!

• 18d

So we meet again Ginny Weasel! I remember you and I'm here to finish this. It's been awhile. I see you've upgraded your status and become more powerful since the last time we met.

• 18d

As for no. 6, the woman seems as offputting as the guy. That dress is so... so... Holly Hobby.

• 18d

"bed-wetting past the age of 12" - Wrong. That is irrelevant.

• 18d

On 13,

"Berkowitz told the court that he was guilty of the murders and attacks but only because of the possession of his neighbor’s dog. According to Berkowitz, his neighbor Sam had a black dog named Harvey. He stated many times that some type of supernatural being possessed the dog and used the dog to speak to him. The demon told him that he was evil and that he needed to kill others. Berkowitz even went so far as to claim that some type of supernatural being stopped him from killing the dog in the hopes of escaping the demon.".

• 18d

Interesting. I like how serial killers think. Was he mentally fit enough to stand trial?

• 18d

He confessed. He could be released soon. The people he killed are still dead though.

• 18d

Brings me back to my days in forensics class... Good times

• 18d

Great take. Just a mention. HH Homles. He had a hotel built like a crazy funhouse where only he knew the layout of the building because he had a bunch of different contractors build different parts of the building that way none of the people that built the hotel knew how to traverse it. He lured people during the worlds fair in Chicago to stay there where he'd trap them in various rooms and eventually kill them. The rooms were sound proof and some had scratch marks all over the inside of the door showing people desperately trying to escape. He was only convicted of 9 killings but they believe the number was up to 200.

The hotel became known as Murder Castle. Leonardo DiCaprio is doing a movie based off a book about him called "Devil in the White City" with Leonardo staring as HH Holmes.

• 18d

I read Devil in the White City and loved it. I hope the movie adaptation is good. The book talked about how he would randomly fire the contractors without paying them. For a while he got away with not paying them because he would say they did a terrible job and he wasn't going to pay for something he claimed
      to not like. His past caught up to him. He was caught because all the contractors he scammed sued him. He was also married to three different women at one time. The marriage licenses were all under different aliases. I think he killed all of them

• 12d

I read that book too. The subject matter was fascinating as was some of the history, but the writing itself was only so so. Interesting factoid the brothers in Supernatural killed the spirit of HHHolmes that arose and was again killing young girls.

• 19d

Would you say it isn't true that most serial killers are quiet and anti social?

• 19d

It depends. Some serial killers are very charismatic and put on a good face for the world. Ted Bundy lured women before killing them using his good looks and his charisma. However, like you said, serial killers can be quiet and antisocial. Jeffrey Dahmer was described as quiet and odd by his classmates.

• 19d

well i mean that most people assume that most serial killers are quiet/anti-social, when you have people like Gacy who was very social

• 19d

People definitely assume that. Watching the YouTube video, I wouldn't have guessed that guy was a serial killer.

• 19d

Did all serial killers get caught? If not, how many % are never caught? Is being serial killer race related? I've never heard of black serial killer. Why are the most of serial killers in America?

• 19d

We'll never know what percentage of serial killers are never caught. There are black serial killers, but whites make up most of the population so most serial killers are white. Most serial killers are white, heterosexual men. America has the most serial killers because its huge and has a large population.

• 18d

Just saying, but to be a "serial killer" you have to be smart enough to avoid capture after the first and second kill...

• 18d

@pooper89 some of them "seeking for help" and deep in their mind they want to be caught.

What Girls Said 9

• 17d

Interesting! Always useful to learn something new!

• 4d

interesting!

• 5d

interesting

• 14d

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing it.

• 18d

Wow interesting!
    I was so surprised when read that Ted Bundy saved child from drowning.

• 18d

Interesting Take.

I'm very impressed by #6 and #7. I thought about watching the video, but since I'm about to go to bed in a hour or so, I think watching it now is a bad idea...
    #12 is helpful.

• 18d

Not fun, but interesting.

• 18d

Interesting subject matter Ginny lol.
    That dating game video was crazy.

• 18d

I loved the Dating Game! They really did make all kinds of cheesy sexual jokes back then like that, too, especially on television lol. How creepy that Rodney didn't seem any different than any other guy for those times. That was the "If it feels good, do it" era.