What is intelligence?

The Societal View of Intelligence

Something I find very interesting is the way our society views intelligence. Tests like "Find out your IQ" and "How smart are you?" are spreading like wild fire on Facebook and other social platforms. I am of the impression that our society praises logical intelligence and the ability to count and understand difficult equations points that ability out as being "smart."

9 Types of Intelligence

Are you good at math and physics? Well, then society would say you're intelligent.

But, and this is very important, scientist have finally agreed on the fact that there is more than one type of intelligence - 9, to be exact.

Think Before Speaking

So before you call someone dumb for not knowing what you know, remember that they are likely to possess some other kind of intelligence and ability, and it doesn't make them any less smart.

Source

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 6

• Awe ): I was so disappointed when I got to the end of the take. I was hoping you were going to elaborate. too lazy to click on the link...

• Indeed , also knowledge is not the same as intelligence.

Knowledge in the accumulated information you can remember.

Intelligence is your ability to acquire knowledge and apply that knowledge and skills.

• Very true, you can be intelligent without being knowledgeable :) and vice versa

• it is the rarest trait among humanity.

• Actually intelligence is the main difference between us and animals. Humans have by far the highest intelligence level on earth.

• I think he meant that there are a lot of stupid people in the world ;)
      But I agree with you @molan

• @molan. thank you for proving my point. lol.

the question asker was smart enough to understand what i was getting at.

• You can't measure everybody on their ability to climb a tree, some people are monkeys and others are fish.
    Of course, some people are chickens running around with their heads cut off too...

• true, it's subjective.

• Article on intelligence that doesn't even attempt to answer its own questions. The mind boggles.

What Girls Said 1

• Intelligence isn't measured by remembering facts, it's measured by imagination and the ability to solve problems.