10 Most Memorable Super Bowl Halftime Shows

Another Super Bowl is upon us, and of course that means another star-studded halftime show. Check out some of the "Top 10 Most Memorable Super Bowl Halftime Shows."

Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake, 2004

The Janet Jackson Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show is definitely one of the most memorable, but unfortunately the wardrobe malfunction stole the show when Justin Timberlake tore part of Janet's top off while singing "Rock Your Body."

Madonna, 2012

Madonna brought an all star cast to help her perform at Super Bowl XLVI. LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., and Cee Lo Green all joined the "Like A Prayer" singer on stage. Do any of you remember M.I.A.'s quick gesture a.k.a. her middle finer?

Beyonce, 2013

Beyonce shut down her Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance with hits like "Love On Top, "Crazy In Love," and was joined by fellow Destiny's Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams to perform "Bootylicious," "Independent Women" and "Single Ladies." After smoke, flames, fierce dance moves, and a multimedia special effects, shortly after Beyonce's performance, the power went out!

U2, 2002

Just shy of five months after the tragedies of September 11, U2 had a powerful Super Bowl XXXVI halftime show with a tribute to 9/11 victims with a performance of "Where the Streets Have No Name," and a scrolling backdrop featuring the names of all of the victims who perished in the attacks. To top it off, Bono closed the song by opening his jacket to reveal the stars and stripes in its lining.

Michael Jackson, 1993

The Super Bowl XXVII halftime performance was one of Michael Jackson's last television performances. The "King Of Pop" performed hits like "Billie Jean," "We Are The World," and more.

Prince, 2007

Photo Source: usatoday.com

Prince graced the stage and performed his classics, but his performance of "Purple Rain" wowed the stadium full of fans and viewers all over the world.

Britney Spears, Aerosmith, NSYNC, Nelly & Mary J. Blige, 2001

Britney Spears, Aerosmith, NSYNC, Nelly & Mary J. Blige teamed up for a "Walk This Way" rendition that featured some of music's most popular artists at the height of their careers.

Diana Ross, 1996

Before Beyonce, was the original diva, Diana Ross. After performing a medley of her hits, Diana had a grand exit via a helicopter! Talk about a boss.

Black Eyed Peas, 2011

Although Usher and Slash joined the Black Eyed Peas on stage, the musical performances were just not their best. This was also the day Christina Aguilera did her memorable interpretation of the National Anthem, where she forgot the words!

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, 2009

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put those chicken fingers down! And turn your television all the way up!" Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band rocked out for 12 minutes with a few minor crotch grabs.

Photo Source: billboard.com

Who's ready to see Katy Perry perform this year? I wonder what songs she will perform?!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• I guess Bill Burr was right... this is the annoying time of year when everybody that doesn't watch football has their Super Bowl parties, talks during the game, shuts up for the commercials, and is more interested in the over-the-top halftime shows lol

• I thought Red Hot Chili Peppers was the most enjoyable one I've seen, even though they had to mime.
    I remember a few years ago The Who played, and of course that happened to be the year we had shitty basic cable and the audio didn't work...

• Katy Perry is the first performer to have to pay to perform. That's the new thing... if you want to perform, you have to pay to do it. It's to keep the hijinks down like with what happened with Janet.

Hard to believe that when Britney performed, it had been just a couple years before that, her debut album came out, 1999's... baby one more time. After that, she well, let's not go there, lol. She's 33 now

• Hard to believe that Janet/Justin were over ten years ago.

What Girls Said 3

• Madonna is the Queen of Pop at 56 she still got it :)

• I remember Bruce Spreenstein's crotch.

And She-hulk beyonce. lol

soundisstyle.com/.../she-hulk-beyonce.jpg

• But my favorite I think was Tom Petty. Simple and awesome.

• I only watch the Superbowl for the commercials and if I'm interested in who's performing. Most of the time during the game I'm busy eating yummy BBQ chicken wings, cheese burger bites, pizza bites and pigs in a blanket and stuff. Then the next day I go to the gym and burn it all off. Lol 🍗🍕

• Too bad the commercials kinda suck now. I've been Disappointed by them for many years now

• Yea they really haven't been that great but I love the Budweiser commercials.