Did Ballet Just Become Cool? Sergei Polunin's Performance is on Point

Bad boy ballet dancer Sergei Polunin gives an amazing performance to Take Me To Church by Hozier... where else, but in a church. Besides the beautiful dancing, I kind of want this building to be my new house...

I'm sure male ballet dancers are probably not at the top of most women's hot list, but when you see this guy in action, you have to admit, it there's some soul there. Is Sergei Polunin's performance enough to convert you to the church of ballet?

What do you think? Is ballet cool or no?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 8

• i think its really cool because i respect the shear amount of flexiblity that is required especially in female's and i also respect it as my lovely girl Hannah is a trained ballet dancer as part of her skill set as a professional dance instructor.

• At least he's talented in something.

• Ballet has always been cool and beautiful. It's had more staying power than Facebook or Twitter so it's been cool and really doesn't need an opinion poll.

• Good thing I didn't create a poll. lol

• Lol, true. ;^) -----------(_*_)-----------

• i appreciate ballet always have since seeing the nutcracker at 8 years of age...
    I think people like this guy cause he looks cool with tattoos and muscle
    i dont think male ballerinas will ever be as appreciated as much as female ballerinas but thats just because ballet is thought as being feminine

• Male ballet dancers are there mainly in a supportive role to the female, but to watch these guys take the stage, it's the most powerful thing I have ever seen.
      We girls are beautiful and graceful which is help with are uniform/costume, I. e. Tutu showing of our body. The male body is one of power and many think the bulge is of putting, for me I don't see it as a distraction, just part of the shape, like my breast in my tutu.
      If I am not wrong, ballet is an old sex dance, so maybe that's you most like to see us ballerinas

• haha i do enjoy the ballerinas more than the ballerinos
      but, i do appreciate the male and female forms
      i think your opinion is beautiful! i also want to say i am so happy to hear you are a ballerina! my first gf was one lol! i love ballet

• That was cool. He is all muscle too.

• Nope. I wouldn't touch the dance. Nor would I go to Church, I'm Jewish

• Ballet will never be cool. But props to this guy, I didn't watch it, but I assume he did good.

• No, it just got even gayer. and I didn't think that was possible.

What Girls Said 10

• Ballet is boring. Just another white guy.

• i've always loved ballet ♡

• Any artform is cool when paired with contemporary music and youth.

• Ballet is so cool and at times very sexy and evocative.
    But with pure grace and emotion, loved ever minute on stage

• I luv ballet I went to see my sis in a ballet show last nite :-) :-) xxx

• Dancing is fun, but I don't find it entertaining or beautiful to watch. He's talented, but watching people dance doesn't do anything for me.

• Haha, not to be crude, but on the stop picture for the YouTube video, the first thing I noticed was definitely NOT ballet...

• I live ballet. I took it but later quit because it was obvious I didn't have the body for it

• Wow he is really good!

• Ballet was always cool.

It if fantastic to have a nice evening out to the ballet to just admire the skills and beauty of the dancers and being drawn into the story the dancers tell with such grace.