8 types at the cinema we all know!

I am going to talk about types of people at the cinema we all know!

Type 1: The "not hungry" ones

They usually say phrases like: "Im not hungry,I am not buying popcorn to eat". But when we are about to sit, they suddenly got hungry and are eating our popcorns.

8 types at the cinema we all know!

Type 2: The talkers

They talk all the time, and we all wonder if they actually watch the film. They may talk on the phone or just with each other, but they don´t stop and it is sometimes annoying.

Type 3: the "shhhhhhhhhhhhh´s"

Even if I am just saying one world to my friends, they are getting crazy and they start the "shhhhhhhhhhh". They don´t want to loose a scene of the movie and they get easily annoyed.

Type 4: The people who throw popcorn

These are more often teenagers. They are loud, rude and they think that we don´t know that they are the ones who actually throw the popcorn to us. Or they know, but they think it is funny. Jesus, this world!

Type 5: The non-stop laugher

He doesn´t only laugh at funny moments, but nearly in every scene. And the funny thing with him is that he laughs loudly whereas the rest of the cinema is silent.

Type 6: the phone people

They are constantly with their phones, they either talk on the phone, send sms or just are on the internet. Why don't you just close it people??

Type 7: The couples

They usually kiss or just talk together all the time. Most of the people hate them!

And now the last one

Type 8: The forever alone

He is there on his own, even if he wants to talk with someone he can´t.

Have you met any of these types?

Also tell us about other types you have met!

Thanks for reading!

Janett21 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 25

• Ugggh I hate the group of 12-13 year olds that never shut up and start throwing popcorn. They're the worst type of all.

• I'm #8. Is that bad?

• Hilarious article!

• ok... so all others act for your benefit/comfort.. ok..

• I was like WHOOOHOOOO when I saw number 8 because thats me 100%!
    Always alone in the cinema whether it is full of people or just me in the theater!

There are also two more types completely different with each other.

The nerds who know what movie they are going to see, or probably already know exactly what they are going to see and the indifferent who has no idea and doesn't understand anything in the movie and still goes to spend 2 hours in there, perhaps only because his friends are there too.

• Hahahaha yess there are some types more which I did not included

• The person that shines their stupid light in your eyes. I've had that happen to me a surprising number of times -___-

• I think you forgot type 9: The people who actually watch the movie and even buy their own food :0.

• I have to admit i'm number 3.. lol

• I only go to small cinemas where food is not allowed and only decent people go. Also they do mostly good films.
    I don't understand why people want to eat food when watching a film. It can be noisy, and so annoying. Also, it could distract people.

• cell phone people should be banned. Come on people relax, you'll be okay without phone. Stupid addicted robots.

• Totally true and well written! Luckily I've never seen the people who throw pop corn yet!

• the couple is also the kids who want a dark place away from home to do some stuff if you know what i mean

• Very, very good take. Simple, to the point, realistic and sweet. I liked it.

Me? I'm not anyone of them. I don't watch movies. I go to cinema if my friends force me to.

• I remember one time my friend asked me if I wanted to go see a movie.. and I said, sure, I'm down.. And then he goes.. Oh, and Marcus is coming too.. I just looked at him and was like... Dude! Seriously? I swear to God man.. if he starts talking... And then we meet up with Marcus. I told him not to talk during the movie. He goes, I won't man.. literally 10 minutes into the film, he repeats what the character in the movie just said and starts laughing and then repeats it once more. I was the one sitting in the middle of my friend and this Marcus person.. and I turned to my friend, and my friend turned to me and we just gave each other that look of when you are both thinking the same thing. Oddly enough, my friend was the one that was the "I'm not hungry" one. I don't think he said he's not hungry, but he didn't get popcorn and then he started reaching for my popcorn and I stopped him real quick. I was like.. Dude, if you want popcorn, then get your ass up and get yourself some fucking popcorn. The previews haven't even started yet.

I can't stand going to the movie theaters by myself. I just feel awkward. Which, when I think about it, is kind of funny considering I don't talk during the entire film anyways... And there's really no need to have someone go with me other than to not feel like I'm all alone.

Outside of the kicking the seats type that you left out that others have mentioned.. One type that I am is the type that tries really hard not to make any noise when it's completely quiet. Like, if I get popcorn stuck in my throat or when I'm drinking my pop and it goes down the wrong pipe... and I have to cough. I try my best to not cough or make any noise because I don't want to disturb anyone else that paid good money to watch the movie.

• your type is the perfect type

• Yeah I can't go to movie theatre alone too, I don't feel comfortable doing this haha
      Yep I like your type!

• You forgot the ones that bring their obnoxiously noisy children into the theater.

• OMG yes that is so annoying

• happens a lot more in church i bet even the father is praying the kid shuts the fuck up

• At times they'll bring their fucking infants and just let them cry, like WTF.

• The black people.

• Where's the chair kicker?

• I go to the theater all the time alone don't need a girl to go see a movie

• Forever alone checking in.

• I remember going to the cinema to see a comedy. It really was funny but there was an old man who literally laughed every 10 seconds. And the funny thing is that people where laughing more with him than with the movie. His laugh was so damn funny! I can still remember it.. :'D

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 22

• lol nice take i' most like number 4 lol

• I hate the talkers and the cell phone people... or the people who laugh constantly but there's nothing funny going on.

I've never seen the popcorn throwers nor the forever alone types...
    It's not a custom here to go to the cinema alone.

• Type 6 is by far the most annoying in my opinion. I sat next to a 12 year old girl who had her phone out the entire movie (Mockingjay). I told her like 2 or 3 times to put it away, which she did. But 5 minutes later, she started using it again. As if I WOULDN'T NOTICE? We're in a pitch black room and you think I wouldn't notice you looking at a bright ass phone screen in your lap? She tried to hide it behind her scarf at some point, but I STILL noticed it. Like why even come to the movies if all you're going to do is like things on instagram or chat with people on facebook? That's just a waste of money and you're being rude to the people who are sitting close to you. She totally ruined the movie for me, it was impossible for me to really connect with it when I kept seeing her bright phone screen in the corner of my eye. Ugh.

• Agreed!!

• @R3d_Anonymous because it was the premiere and the entire room was filled with people? Also I was with a friend, so even if the cinema hadn't been full, it would still have been difficult to find two seats together. And, we had the best seats.

• You should make this 9 types of people- with the last ones being Model Citizens. Such as myself.
    These model citizens get their own popcorn, chew quietly, focus on the movie without uttering a peep the whole time, turns their phone off, laughs quietly when there is a funny scene, minds their own business and even shares their popcorn.

My parents raised me right :)

• haven't met up with those types

• I'm neither. Close to the laughing one but not exactly. I just go with my bff and we eat our nachos. When something is funny we look at each other and laugh and repeat the funny line.

• What about people who go with friends or a friend and aren't disruptive, either choose not to eat or share?
    Surely they make up the majority haha?

Except I have to admit one of my friends is type 6 and it's so annoying!

• Nice take, it was fun to read. I'm neither of them, by the way, I'm the type that sleeps in the cinema. I never knew about type 4, lol.

• Nice take. I used to be number 7 hahah

• I'm number one and two. Oops

• Im the "not hungry" and yes my friend is a laugher and its annoying af

• Usually the couples just makeout or cuddle in the back. Usually they don't try to draw attention to themselves.

I'll admit that I'm #1 and sometimes #2.

• Why would everyone hate the couples? They usually sit in the back and don't bother anyone.

• Not everyone. But most of the people hate them, I remember when my best friend broke up we went to the cinema watching a movie. and guess what in front of us there was a couple and they kisseddd all the time hahaha

• Ooh lol. I can see that situation not being fun. That's when you just move the popcorn box to cover their heads =)

• Hahaha this is the only time I became the popcorn thrower hahaha

• lol this is so true

• I'm the type that's glued to the screen and don't bother nobody lol

I would like to add the people that constantly get up to pee and always bring another drink with them when they get back

The emotional yellers

and the lone masturbators

• i don't know what part of the U. S you live in but that sounds hilarious that you have emotional yellers and lone masturbators

• Lol it's crazy people really yell like they are watching a football game with their oohs and ahhs and noooo don't that telling the characters in the movie what to do as if they can hear them. I've seen someone masturbating a few times one guy was sitting two seats away from me.

• LOL my sister and my friend we went to a movie and this preview came on and I don't know why but I gasped at the trailer and then laughed sooo hard and non stop and my friend was like are you okay? and my sister was so confused and i was also confused because i couldn't understand why i was laughing at a serious trailer!

• hahah it happens sometimes I guees :)

• ahaha yess, sometimes you can't stop laughing. I remember one day in school when I wrote a test and I couldn't stop laughing but the teacher was cool and yeah! :)

• oh god I hated when I was in school and just had a burst of laughter making myself look like a maniac!

• Urgh I don't like the talkers! I have a friend that constantly not getting the scene, constantly asking me about it during the movie, and keep asking me what will happen next. I mean.. I'm not the person who writes the story, I'm as clueless as you are!!

• I will just make one comment about the phone people. It used to be that my phone was not a part of me in the theater. That was until my toddler was diagnosed with a life-threatening medical illness two years ago. For the longest, he never left my side. I eventually realized that I needed some me time and have been to the theater about 3 times. My phone is in my hand the entire time. I am not on it the whole time, but I do check on him or give directions to his care during those two or so hours. I will not give that up just because someone else is frustrated by a small light. His life is way more important.

• I agree, i think its justified for you to be on your phone, but for ither people, who have no good reason to be on their phones, it can get annoying.

• The problem with that is, we have no idea what their reason is. I agree that people should stay off the internet, should not accept/make calls, etc. That's just disrespectful. I do try to cover my phone and it is only used as needed. For instance, my mom watched him and needed me to walk her through giving him his medication. She got confused on the instructions that his meter was giving. I walked her through it via text. At one point, she panicked. That's when I walked out of the show to call her. This was a trial run for us. I'm trying to educate others so that someone else can take over his care if something happens and I can't and also so I can have some me time. That's kind of a foreign concept to me, but I need to learn to de-stress a bit. Anyway, I do what I do on the phone in a very respectful manner, but I will not quit those texts because someone is bothered by the light. I mean, we are in a theater where the screen goves off plenty enough light for people not to focus on me.

• I think the stereotype of people that go alone is flawed because as a girl i go alone because id rather not rely on others to go see a movie... these days you will probably miss the movie or they cancel at the last minuite anyways... so just go... lol you don't have to constantly be with your friends 24/7... do something fun on yourself, it's not a sin to do so (even if people these days think so).

I even go to concerts on my own when i have the money because most likely nobody else will have the money to go... and even if they want to, again they change their minds... I'm also perfectly content... going to the cinema alone isn't any dfferent than watching a dvd at home alone lol except better because it's surround sound and a big screen :P. I can also slouch way down without my mother telling me to sit up straight... lol.

• The people who try to have conversations with people sitting all the way across the theater, the people that kick your seat, the people that put their feet by your head and the people who take up the arm rest

• More from Girls
    2