Should I or Shouldn't I? The cheesy tattoo debate.

I have tattoos. They are strategically placed and each one tells my personal story. When I first met my sweetie, I searched his entire body with a secret hope that he also was inked in a classified location. What I found (a little disappointedly) was that he was completely pure. The more we are together, I keep thinking about how awesome he would look with a couple of tattoos.

So the question is raised: Matching tattoos Do or Don’ts?

I have found these tattoos that I think would look great on the both of us.

#1Should I or Shouldn't I? The cheesy tattoo debate.

#2

#3

#4

#5

Or do you think matching tattoos will lead to this:

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• Only with a partner after we've been together for 10 years

• You're probably going to break up

Imagine how stupid you would feel when you're single and still have a dumb tattoo that reminds you of your ex...

• I decided long ago that I probably can't get tattoos because they're too permanent. I would get sick of it. But they look great on other people.

• I see everyone posting advice on what they would want. It shouldn't be about that. It should be about what you and your significant others would want. If your significant other doesn't wish to ink their body, then you are in the wrong to try and convince them. In the matter of matching tattoos, it can be very unwise because if something ever happens between you two, then you shall forever be riddled with a tattoo than may hinder future relationships. It is, of course, up to you both, but it'd be a good idea to only consider it if you both agree. If not, don't force it.

• if you are going to do it i like #2 the best

• Personally on girls I like tattoos that can be hidden when they're wearing a nice dress so if you have your heart set on getting one from one of the pictures you posted I'd get the first one and if you don't get one of the ones you'd posted at least get it on your side so like I said it can be covered up when you're wearing a nice dress :)

• Yea a few tattoos are okay for myself but not all over but i like your "MyTake"

• Matching tattoos may seem nice and great at first. But if something happens between you two, regrets come.
    My aunt did that with her husband but they divorced so she had to get another tattoo to cover the original one up.
    Angelina Jolie had to do the same when she divorced Billy -Bob Thornton.

• I get to post more relevant videos!~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF6ct9ZEq5s

• Have you asked him what he thinks about this?

What Girls Said 13

• The idea of couple tattoos is sweet, but I just don't see it as a good idea. There no guarantee that you'll be with this person forever.

My sister got one with my nieces dad and they're no longer together. They don't even get along. Just so happens that they chose to get their initials with a heart in between. Just so happens that the initials are the first letters of her kid names.

• I don't agree with matching love tattoos, they're never a good idea and I frown on those who do have them. Even ones like #5 which you could get away with, they'll permanently remind you of that person and what could be a terrible time in your life (the break up).
    I felt my ex was the one and he feels I'm the one, but we unexpectedly broke up a couple of weeks ago. You just never know what's around the corner.
    Also, your partner can be tattoo-free if he wants to and he most likely would be against having a couple tattoo. It'd probably freak him out if you spoke about it now.

• Broke up the next day happens more than the others.

• I love this idea, to me its deeper than having a ring its something permanent signifying love & dedication (*^_^*)

• I like the first and second one. ( The second is super cute) but if it were me, I wouldn't get matching tattoos until we'd been married for at like 5 years. Because having a tattoo like those when you're broken up would be the worst.

• I honestly really like the idea and it makes me want. them in the future

• Idea is cute but I'd never get tatted up and I don't want something like that permanent on me.

• i like number 2 but thats because me and my boyfriend have thought about getting that one. i think its a good idea to get it. Just make sure it waht you want to tell you "story" :)

• Matching tattoos are never a good idea.

• I guess it's up to you. If you think you'll be together and he feels the same way you can risk, but maybe he's "pure" with a reason. Maybe he doesn't like to have tatoos on his body.
    But no matter what we say here, in the end it's yours and your parnter's choice. But if you do it, be sure that you're both pleased with your choice of a tatoo. After all, they are pretty hard to remove.

• Or what if he doesn't want tattoos? I don't like tattoos on myself and I can imagine that there are plenty of people who share the sentiment.

If he's game, then do whatever you want. If he's not, don't obsess over something he's not interested in.

• I think its a bad idea - imagine if you break up and you both have tattoos that connect or something. Kind of awkward in a different relationship as well. Tattoos are apparently very painful to remove and not an easy option. Its one thing (possibly) if you are married, as you intend on staying together forever. Even if you separated - its just one of the ties you'd have with him and not the main issue. If I were you I would at least wait to consider once your married to someone, and he wants to have one too.

• My husband and I have the King/Queen symbols on our ribs in the same spot. It's awesome but make sure you do it with someone who you will be with for a veryyyy long time/forever. Because it SUCKS to have a tattoo with someone you don't want anything to do with.

by the way, do what you want, don't listen to people who tell you that this idea is stupid/dumb. It's your body and you're free to tattoo it if you want :)