14 Classic shows I Grew Up Watching

As a young woman looking back, some of the best shows were the old shows. (Oh, man do I sound so old school).

My heart would break when I realized a show I loved was doing its final episodes.

Some of these shows first began to air around the time I was born (in the late 80s). I have no memory of them up until the 90s...but still these shows stay deepest in my heart as I reflect on my childhood days. The joy these shows would bring me as I did something so simple as turning on my TV screen.

1. The Wonder Years

14 Classic shows I Grew Up Watching

Originally aired: 1988 to 1993.

I know we all couldn't get enough of the Kevin and Winney Cooper drama.

2. Family Matters

Originally aired: 1989 to 1997.

*Snorts like a pig with my knees bent* Laura only fell for Steve Urkel when he became the handsome hunk named Stefan. All the girls loved him when he transformed. I mean...who wouldn't?

3. In Living Color

Originally aired: 1990 to 1994.

Some of the actors/actresses that are still revelant today kick started their career by first appearing in this classic comedy sketch show!

4.
Boy Meets World

Originally aired: 1993 to 2000.

What trouble wouldn't Corey get himself into this week along with bad boy Shawn?

Would the smart cute girl named Topanga ever like him the way he liked her?

What significant brain activity would be going through pretty boy Eric's mind today?

5.
Sister Sister

Originally aired: 1994 to 1999.

Two adopted twins that were separated at birth finally find themselves reunited once again. Although they are so similiar in looks, they are completely different in character. They use their twin switch-a-roo act to get themselves out of trouble out of times. But does it always work?

6.
Captain Planet

Originally aired: 1990 to 1992.

Although its run wasn't long...At 4 years old the theme song is something I could never forget!

"..........We're the planeteers !

You could be one too !

'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do,

Louting and polluting is not the way,

Here what Captain Planet has to say,

THE POWER IS YOURS".

7. Life with Louie

This was the only cartoon I would ever see my Mom watch.

She loved it and couldn't get enough!

Originally aired: 1995 to 1998.

8.
Bobby's world

Originally aired: 1990 to 1998.

Bobby's world!!!!! *Sees the spinning walls and gets a dizzy spell*

I loved this show!

9. Recess

Originally aired: 1997 to 2001.

Spinelli was such a tough girl!!

Although I loved them all she was my favorite character, who was yours?

10.
Seinfeld

Originally aired: 1989 to 1998.

Would I have beeen better off just writing nothing? Because this show was absolutely about NOTHING! But it captured everybodies heart!

I fell in love with the characters and how they would take every day situations and make it into a funny episode.

11.
Friends

Originally aired: 1994 to 2004.

You don't know the complications or the excitement of friendships until you watch this show!

12.
Dinosaurs

Originally aired: 1991 to 1994.

I can vaguely remember what this show was about (I was so young), but It's something I always loved to watch.

13.
Full House

Originally aired: 1987 to 1995.

Dan was a very caring single father (who lived along with family), that pretty much did every thing to teach these young girls valuable lessons and give them a happy life!

14.
Married With Children

Originally aired: 1987 to 1997

Shoe salesman Al' had a thing for touching hot womens feet!

Of course the list can go on and on....

If I continued, perhaps another 20 years would pass by!

Feel free to list some of the shows that were popular when you were growing up.

It's interesting to see what my generation, MUCH older generation, and the youngsters of GAG have to add (we grew up in different time-eras so there's really of a wide range of what we consider classic and great!)

Feel free to even comment with some of your memories from these shows as well.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• Apart from Captain Planet & Recess, I haven't watched any of this. Maybe because I don't watch TV at all.

I must say, well written! very well written :)))

• Friends is the best show that has ever been broadcasted in tv. I also like Married with Children (do you know if I can see it online anywhere?). I don't know any of the others you posted

• Yes , you can.
      Use Google to search and type in "show box download ". Follow the instructions to download that app. Free movies and shows (you can't get it through Google play or play store )- you have to do it the way I told you (or else it won't be the same thing )

• Let me know if it works out for u !

• okay, thanks. I'll check it out

• Haha, I remember those! TJ was my favourite on recess. Did you ever see the movie?

What Girls Said 4

• 1) I wasn't allowed to watch the Wonder Years.
    2) I loved Family Matters. I wonder if anybody remembers that when it started they had 3 kids but then reduced it to two?
    3) I've heard of In Living Color but never saw it
    4) I loved Boy Meets World! That was good show.
    5) I loved Sister Sister! I actually got Tia and Tamera's autographs, it was for a school project.
    6) I loved Captain Planet, I use to watch it every Sunday morning
    7) Life with Louie was good
    8) I liked Bobby's world, good show.
    9) I loved Recess and everything in the Saturday morning line up. Like Pepper Ann and The Weekenders. Good cartoons
    10) I liked Seinfeld, I always thought it was funny but I find it hard to find people who actually liked that show.
    11) I liked Friends, I think my mom got me hooked on that show
    12) I loved Dinosaurs! My mom always would love when the baby would take a fry pan and hit the dad over the head and say "not the mama not the mama" lol.
    13) I loved Full House, Comet was my favorite lol.
    14) I wasn't allowed to watch Married With Children, though do love that theme song and until recently did not realize it was sung by Frank Sinatra.

There's so many shows I loved and watched, so I wouldn't know where to start with a list but a few others are: Blossom, Dharma and Greg, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Tiny Toons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Animaniacs, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Goosebumps.

• You pretty much listed all of the shows I <3ed to watch!
      <3ed Kimberly from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
      Animaniacs !! I loved that show as well!

• I loved Kimberly too, surpursingly enough the girl who played her actually looks like she did back in the 90's. She hasn't aged a bit. Me my and cousin would play power rangers and fight over who got to play Kimberly and who got to date Tommy. If only life was still that simple lol.

• Way too many lovely memories :)

• I loved watching Gilmore Girls, That's So Raven, All That, Ka Blam, and E. R. The only one I've seen on your list is Recess

• That's so raven was an awesome show !
      Gilmore Girls I never really felt the urgency to watch it.

• Loved Recess! My favourite show to come home to and watch after school!!

• I remember watching Rugrats, Ahh! Real Monsters, Full House, Captain Planet, and CatDog.

• I used to <3333 Rugrats!!!
      There was a time where I would watch it every day.
      HeyArnold was my next fave.
      CatDog cool show, but I didn't watch it a lot.
      Real Monsters (Maybe i live under a rock) but i've never heard of it.