Feminism and FemiNAZI

There is a huge difference between those two.

Feminism: The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

wikipidia definition

As you have noticed: The main idea of feminism is to make both genders equal. So it started by talking about women's issues and trying to cover them all, and it worked very well, because now women can talk freely about their sex life, their feelings, their opinions and their horrific rape stories and speak up and defend themselves about harrasment.

BUT:

After this huge, great evolution and leap to the gender equality, something happened. The femiNAZI appeared.

Feminazi: The term is used pejoratively in popular culture to describe either feminists who are perceived as extreme or radical or women who are perceived to seek gender superiority over men.

wikipedia, altered.

Feminazis are racist women who are doing exactly the opposite of what men a long time ago used to do. They are trying to rule and be the better gender, and by doing that they are forgeting the most important rule of feminism, the only thing that feminism was based of: "GENDER EQUALITY".

Feminazis fight for trivial things, and they forget what is important about gender equality. Feminazis want to change very old terms so it would contain "Women" instead of men.

For example, the world 'snowman' gets on their nerevs. How dare they call it a snowman! It is a snowperson!!! They would all say.

Also they think that bras are a sign of oppression and submission to men, even though it was invented to support the breasts and make women more comfortable.

They think that women shouldn't shave their legs or wear makeup because doing so is a sign of submession to men's desires. They thing that if we try to look good to attract men then we are being submessive. Hint, they don't mind men trying to look good for them.

SO!

Hope I tried to change your point of view about feminists, because me, as a feminist, I try my best to debate and support equality between both genders, and I believe women in the middle east should speak up about their issues and for example their rape stories and report them, just as men should do so in the USA, that is sort of getting dominated by feminazis.

Have a nice, equal, peaceful day!Feminism and FemiNAZI.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 51

• Modern feminism has no place for the reasonable or open-minded. Most women avoid the term because they know the fembots have taken it over.

Sure, in the US it's still cool to say you're a feminist, but in the US, people still believe in the Iraq WMD even after 15 years.

• Hilarious, some people here still do, but most don't (only the really stupid conservatives lol!).

• I gotta love all these takes and threads all trying to say, "Hey, wait! Just because I'm a feminist doesn't mean I'm a bitch/utter loser!"

A dictionary definition doesn't change what reality is. The reality that quite a few men have experienced--otherwise you wouldn't write this take--is that feminists are flat out pretty awful women to deal with.

• seeing under age feminists is more laughable than the takes. ask them something about the history of the first wave feminism and tell them how the theories of second wave feminism changes the society and their brains will stop working.

All they have been told is that, feminism = men and women's equality

feminism was always just good to fool the simplest of women.

• Feminazis are invented by butthurt macho guys.

• Sexism is rampant because we attribute sex-based generalizations to people, indeed. Those that hate feminism are usually the ones who claim that women were designed to cook and clean for them, and wonder why they're single. Feminazis are just plain weird insane sexist people.

• Your stereotypes of people who oppose feminism only show how ignorant you are indeed!

• Actually, there are a lot of women who actively oppose feminism, and are fairly repulsed by being kitchen housemoms. Many feel that modern feminism plays the victim card way too often, making it more gender-regressive.

I am generally sided a little more closely with the feminists. But women like Karen Straughan, for instance, are VERY anti-feminist. And she is one of the leading voices in the MRM. There's also women like Christina Hoff Sommers, Erin Pizzey, the "Feminism LOL" channel on YouTube, etc.

Women have, oddly enough, pretty high recognition in men's movements, including the anti-feminist ones. (There are plenty of pro-feminist men's issues groups, too. GoodMenProject is argued to be one, though they have also featured Karen Straughan and Christina Hoff Sommers.)

• Well I'm twenty five as of recently. And I have ZERO problem with women. They enjoy my company, although I'm a bit rigid, and I can tell you that feminism is antiquated, pointless, and selfish. It isn't about justice for everyone it's about justice for them. That's why it's called feminism. It isn't a coincidence.

• True, but to clear things out, feminism doesn't advocate for gender equality, they look for female equality to men. It's not the same to fight for both genders than to fight just for women. Men are inferior to women in some aspects, and feminism doesn't fight for that.
    I support feminism, but don't say that feminism fights for both genders when it only fights for one. Egalitarianism is the one that fights for both.

I liked the Take, though, just that was what I didn't like.

• Have you heard of the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy?

• People resort to calling everything a fallacy, but I seriously think there's a fallacy designed for calling everything a fallacy.

• @Mesonfielde Just because an observation is annoying, that doesn't make it a fallacy.

• A++ grade for your homework

• this article really needed to be made. a lot of skewed perceptions of feminism on this website.

• Finally someone that understands what true feminism really is. I really feel sometimes I am the only person that understands the difference. I have tried explaining the difference so many times to people but many people are just so uptight about it that sometimes I wonder why I bother. Even some girls don't understand the difference. I understood what a true feminist is before reading your take so I was able to analyse what you said and you have everything correct here. Also I support true feminism but not misandry/Feminazi. I believe in equal rights between men and women so that also makes me a feminist and for those reading this yes men can be feminists to. A feminist does not refer to just a woman, it refers to any man or woman that supports equal rights between both genders. As for a Feminazi I never really fully new what that term meant. However, I did know that sexist women that are trying to rule and be the better gender, that are close minded and shut any guy up that talks about men's rights, that treat a guy like rubbish when he pulls her up about her bad behaviour, makes sexist comments about men and saying things like "well men deserve this, it is payback for what they have done" are not feminists. I just referred to these women as misandrists so I guess what I have learnt from your take is a new word to describe these women as I already knew how these women behave. I know that real feminists hate Feminazi because they know Feminazi are actually doing damage to their gender and they know that because a lot of men and some girls don't understand the difference that feminists will get considered as feminazi when they are not. There is a difference people, a big difference. I like your take a lot, everything is true in this take.

• I am the top of person that supports the 20th Century version of Feminism. Not the radical one we have today.

• me too. the 20th century feminism is being applied in the arabic countries, which is good. but the feminism in the USA is just terrible. AND it is giving a wrong idea about women

• I've never met a feminist or seen a post about feminists even acknowledging male issues. Modern feminism exists to further women. In most legal cases women have more rights then men.

• Egalitarians are truly fighting for equality.

• I'm a male feminist, but I like dominant girls (although - not some ugly feminazis) :P

• it is a fetish honey. it has nothing to do with being a girl or a boy.

• Ok, but I never said that you are some dominatrix :))

• I think that its funny that femiNazis claim they want gender equality and then call men pigs
    I also think that its funny that they call men dogs when dog are super loyal

• i call a man i know a dog because he is very loyal to his GF even if she hurts him and i want to help him out of that realtionship

• I would say the definition of feminazi is less extreme than that.

For instance, a feminist might discuss how girls might be talked out of leadership positions at a young age. A feminazi would create a petition to ban the word "Bossy."

Feminists in Sweden, if I recall, when confronted with the wage gap and a hiring gap, did an in-depth analysis of the worse culprits, and discovered women worked fewer hours, men worked almost all of the overtime, women took time off for childcare (also one of the contributers to men taking more overtime), and men worked more dangerous jobs.

In fact, they found that men were having more trouble balancing life and work.

As a result, they got rid of maternity leave and replaced it with parental leave that was longer, and could be divided however. They also started men's fatherhood campaigns to encourage men to balance things out more. Sweden has one of the lowest wage gaps.

Meanwhile, in America, when femi"nazis" discover something similar, companies are held on trial for bias against women, and quotas are instated. In other words, instead of a woman being a potential asset to a company, she has become a potential lawsuit, and people are more likely to think "she just got there because of quotas." Thus, the number may be fixed, but the sexism is likely worse.

I would say feminazis are essentially misandrists who try to justify it by claiming the guise of feminist, but often do and say things to make things worse, like writing books about the "superior vagina" or a book I saw recently that talked about how to phase men out of existance to "rid the world of violence, war, and heirarchy."

I'm not even joking about that last one. If I recall, an actual NAZI held such a view, but towards Jews. His name was Hitler and the book was Mein Kampf.

A guy recently publicly presented a similar perspective, but against women. His name was Elliot Rodger.

Yet the woman's book was published. In the "science" section no less.

• Your comment has the most valuable information in this entire thread. Why is there not more people speaking on this issue?

• i salute thee for this comment.
      this is what i believe as well.
      in the usa sexism is worse and the gap between men and women is worse.

• Women's rights and gender equality is simply called humanism and respect for your fellow man lol. Feminism on the other hand is that women should have superior rights to men--they have all control over birth, pregnancies, abortions, etc. They get superior treatment during a divorce from the courts and they get vastly higher child support packages. They should get affirmative action and extra scholarships and benefits to bridge a percieved gap between men and women. Men should pay for dates, open doors, let women onto the life rafts first, and all of those gentleman things. Men should have to do most of the fighting in the military and should do the most dangerous jobs. Women also have pretty much complete control over sex while the concerns of men are thought of as disgusting. So feminists want superior rights for all women and for men to be happy slaves about this. We'll turn into a matriarchy soon--women will have the most control over the nation by controlling and limiting sex00similar to the oil supply shocks.

• Humanism is believing in the good of people, it has nothing to do with gender.

Feminism is equality, for women AND men. The word itself is used because people used to believe that the female sex was weaker. That's where the name comes from. Eg: crying/ showing emotions. If a man does that, it is often seen as weak, "only women do that" "grow up, be a man!!" Feminism wants to say no to that, we belive that a man has the right to cry without being seen as weak or unmanly, men have the right to be stay at home dads, boys have the right to do "female sports" like ballet. So feminism is acctually for men too. The name is just misleading. And all the things you describe is not what feminism is about.

You are just afraid, aren't you? You feel threatened because you think you won't be in control or you think you will be controlled and become less manly. In reality, we are all puppets of the governement.

• No pudding cake fish pudding cake or whatever, humanism according to wiki is "Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings"

Since women are human beings, they deserve the same rights as men as well as equality.

And many feminists do in fact want superior rights--not all women are equal. In fact women are starting to gain superior rights in first world countries--like a man cannot force a woman to abort a pregnacny if she illegally got his genetic material and impregnated herself. And women do control men frequently through the power of sex. I only wish men werent sex crazed so it wouldn't be a submission to women in order to get sex, rather a mutual enjoyable experience where there is no give take relationship occuring.

And i'm not afraid--i'm already not in control of many things that go on in my life. One thing I particularly have no control over is my sex life. It completely depends on the whim of women since prostitution

• is illegal

• AKA Radical Feminist. The problem is as with Muslims. There are radicals and moderates. Both radicals utilize deception to advance their ideology and you don't know which will be the ones that want to cut off your head or, respectively, your balls. When I hear any spoken ideology from either, I head for the exit.

• To be fair, every Muslim is extremist in its own regard. The belief in God is a dogma, after all.

• Which may also be true with Muslims. Maybe 15% are radicals but the remaining 85% remain silent about terrorism due to fear, sympathy or both.

• Maybe save this for another discussion. keep productive comments flowing though.

• It doesn't matter what the word feminism means in the dictionary when the most vocal people who call themselves feminists conduct themselves differently otherwise.

• Cool beans.

Going by that logic, ALL Christians are like Westboro Baptist church, ALL Muslims support ISIS, ALL Indians are rapists and so forth.

Since being a loudmouth constitutes representation, I shall also assume all men are stupid because you just said something retarded. :3

• @MaskedSanity I won’t even bother addressing those childish analogies unless there is a good reason to.

In the modern day of western societies, the “loudmouths” you speak of are the ones spearheading the so-called third wave, whose actions reflect the likes of oppressive fanatics/crybabies as opposed to a movement advocating equal rights/basic decency (on top of whatever else they claim to stand for). In short, the cause and effect have changed the definition as we (who live comfortably in the western world) see it that it is starting to have a different meaning for different people in the world.

• @maskedSanity sure it can be, it just depends on your frame of reference, in this case we are using the position that equal treatment or a lack of discrimination based on gender is the measuring stick. Against that standard Feminism is an extremist movement, you just have to examine their ideologies and practices for that to become abundantly clear.

• I agree. 100 percent.

But to me, Feminism is like the Swastika.

The Swastika was a GREAT idea. It was a symbol for good and well meaning people and beings.

And then a bunch of people started using it's title to do terrible things.

Think about it.

• I think that women and men should be equal, but nowadays women rule the dating scene. For example, they make money, but they will feel offended in case they dont get a free date. They will feel that you are cheepy or you dont have feelings for her. That dating rule was used half a century ago, since women were at home all day long, without making their own money. What I mean is that the principle of feminism wasd looking for equality and respect, but it has turned out to be an female allibi to be mean

• They rule much more than the dating scene, they rule the courts, politics, and education. You can't even go to college without going through a 2 hour presentation that all but accuses men of being rapists!

• The vast majority of Feminism is rotten to the core!

Posts like this do more harm the good, they give credibility and fool well meaning good people into believing that Feminism is in fact about equality. When in reality every single part of Feminism with any social or political power is no different then any other bigoted hate movement humans just can't seem to stop fabricating.

How about instead of being stuck to a label and Feminist echo chambers you go and do something honest but uncomfortable, get a good personal understanding of what exactly the problems with Feminism are.

• OP is only 15 years old. Of course she has no understanding of the history of the movement. She is young and most likely still an idealist.

• ah I missed that, ty.

• Posts like this are MEANT to fool people into thinking that feminism is for equality. It is called propaganda.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 25

• Aaaare you asking us for spelling advice?

• So what exactly has feminism done for men? I mean, feminists can talk about equality all they want but actions speak louder than words. I'm not trying to be antagonistic here so I hope you don't get the wrong idea, I'm just legitimately wondering since I always hear feminists talk about equality for all but they only seem to address and advocate for women's rights. So, I'm wondering if any self-proclaimed feminists here could shed some light on that.

There's nothing wrong with fighting for women's rights (I'm obviously a woman so I have nothing against that) but I don't see how people can claim to want equality but then only fight for the rights of one group.

Do you think that there are certain areas of society in which men are not completely equal? Most feminists I've met have said "no" when I ask them that question. Again, I'm not trying to start an argument here, these are simply legitimate thoughts/questions I have.

• In US we can't do anything right. Unions, healthcare, why should feminism be any different. Step out of this ridiculous bubble for a Moment and you see femisim in its finest form. Take the Middle East, Russia and many other Male chauvinistic societies for example.

• Feminazi are bullies and degrades men. Seen a few here doing that. A lack of coherent thought to argue sensibly. :P

• As the dictionary says:

Feminism: the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

Really the fact that you even need to make this take demonstrates how stupid people actually are. I am with you on this one, as seen in a lot of the comments people don't WANT to understand.

And also.. feminazi's are very rare I think. At least I have never met one, nor do I know anyone who is like this.

• People are basing their ideas of feminism on it's actions not it's definition.

The fact that the definition is constantly used as "proof" of it's intentions when it's actions are the opposite, "demonstrates how stupid people actually are" <--- see what I did there.

There is no need to "understand" the definition, there is a need to live up to it!
      You are right feminazi's are rare. The endless list of horrible actions by the group are not by feminazis, they are by feminist.

• endless list of horrible actions?

• Also it is not about actions. It is about using the right word in the right context. I can tell the actions of people who call themselves Muslim are violent and are in fact terrorists but this doesn't tell me that the definition of being a Muslim is a terrorist. But also stating that a terrorist is ultimately a muslim is not right. So you saying that feminazi's are feminists is not true. People just misdefine them. And this article is about the definition and where to use which word.

• I don't believe there should be a distinction.
    Yes there are some abrasive and ignorant radicals and some quieter less angry feminist, but they all believe in the same ideology.
    They believe the misinformation and re-spew it whenever they are given the opportunity. Wage-gap, rape stats, DV... these are all misinformed crap that they believe in.
    You NEVER see a feminist speak up when they get something for being female that men don't or speak up when men are being discriminated against.

If you speak to a NAFALT (Not all feminist are like that) you will eventually discover that they in some way are actually not for equality, they will just tell you they are.

I fight to stop actual inequality. I speak up when men are being mistreated as well as women. I don't try and stop men from having a voice. I don't believe in the hype for either side. Never belief a statistic at face value, check how it was done and make sure there was an equal and fair study done.
    But I do not and will not accept the title of feminist, because I don't agree with the political bullying and underhanded lies that is part of the ideology itself.

• this feminism thing is getting on my nerves... something from 80s :)

• why though? in old movies it was very normal to hit women. now in those movies it is funny to hit guys, but people still fuss about it as if it a bad thing to do and think the old movies were funny

• @notgoodwithnames
      In today's world it is very normal and accepted to hit men... and violently. You see it tv, in movies, in ads, etc. Why is that ok? There is zero push back to stop this, it is accepted, it is "funny", no one makes a fuss about it.
      What happened in old movies is irrelevant today, and in today's world you will NOT see a male hit a female in media unless it is to push propaganda or the character is a "monster" of a human being.

• Where do you see that it is accepted to hit men? Please state this with facts or a scientific article that tells me this has become more accepted, because I haven't heard about this or anyone telling me this except people on this site.

• Feminism is equality, for women AND men. The word itself is used because people used to believe that the female sex was weaker. That's where the name comes from. Eg: crying/ showing emotions. If a man does that, it is often seen as weak, "only women do that" "grow up, be a man!!" Feminism wants to say no to that, we belive that a man has the right to cry without being seen as weak or unmanly, men have the right to be stay at home dads, boys have the right to do "female sports" like ballet. So feminism is acctually for men too. The name is just misleading. And all the things you describe is not what feminism is about.

• Shhhhhhhh

• Am I afraid of radical feminists running this government? YES. Am I afraid of the government losing control to their irrationality? YES. Am i afraid of even their influence? YESSSSSS. And rightfully so. They are polluting Universities now.

• Yeah, I know!

Im glad the mining, oil rigging, construction and other dangerous/high risk industries are just teaming with women. Like, women are so equal now they companies prefer to hire women over men in all of these sectors!

Its amazing! Only thing is, they must be invisible, cause I dont see them.

• I am an equalist:)

• Lena Dunham is a feminazi.

• As far as shaving and make up goes , i don't see it as oppressive but i do think society should be more accepting to women who choose not to shave or wear make up. Its a matter of personal choice.

• I also think people tend to forget that feminism is a branch off equalism. They work hand in hand.

• This. Sometimes women are really seen as sloppy if they don't wear make-up or wear perfectly girly clothing, but they do wash themselves.

• I shave my legs so that I won't look like a bear lol

• Feminism= fights for equal rights not just rights for women...

• The reason I dislike feminism is because feminists almost always pick and choose what they like.

"The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men."

In other words, feminists tend to choose rights or issues where women are disadvantaged, and try to make them equal to men.

BUT, for the issues where women are advantaged over men, there is nary a word spoken, and you will be crucified for even mentioning it.

I've seen it too often, and that's why I don't consider myself to be a feminist.

• You should look up egalitarianism! It's all about equality for every race, gender, creed, religion, etc., etc.. it doesn't leave/exclude anything out.

• We wish more women were as intelligent as you :)

• I think that the words racist and sexist were mixed up in this take

• Feminism was always a radical movement.

Read the history of your movement first then write about it.

• I agree.

I normally say I disagree with feminism because feminism usually means feminazi.
    For instance, I totally support women being paid the same as men. However, if a woman goes on maternity for a year, she shouldn't return to that job on the pay she was on before. Men only have 2 weeks, and lets face it - your employer had to replace you for a year.
    Women should have the same basic rights as men but some need to be bended on gender. Not being horrible, just being truthful.

I love this post, you had absolutely hit the nail on the head. Well done hun

• Maternity is different because men can't get pregnant, nor do they have a natural bodily reason that they would need to leave for that amount of time (excluding injuries.) Pregnant women go on leave because they need the rest for the health of the baby. That being a law could be detrimental to a single mother who leaves work to have her child, and than has her pay cut right after the baby is born. Babies are expensive, and than having less money for working hard hours, and than working again when you get home to care for the baby? I don't know. That doesn't seem fair, since most men don't necessarily have that exact scenario of giving birth.

• Yes however there are laws in place specifying the longer you are off the more you lose.
      Feminism should be about equality not superiority. @dweebett

• Exactly!!! Tho also there are a few male femiNazi's who think if women want equality they should all be equal to each other and men by having breast reduction surgery

• Thank you so much for this. I'm a feminist and I'm always trying to tell people this.

• all heil the femihitler

• More from Girls
    5