I Want to be...Things I Wanted to Become Growing Up

I Want to be... Things I Wanted to Become Growing Up:

This take doesn't necessarily have a meaning, I just thought I would do a fun take for a change. Every kid has something they think they'll become when they grow up. I am no different, in my case I had many things. So, here are some of the things I wanted to be growing up. I'll also share what I wish I could have been and what I hope to be in the future. Like my ultimate life goal. That being said let's start with...

What I Wanted to be Growing Up:

1) A Veterinarian:

I wanted to be a Veterinarian for a long time, when I was a kid. Until, my Cocker Spaniel sprained his knee and had to have surgery on it. They shaved that one leg and it kind of grossed me out a bit. So, then I changed my mind about that. Plus, I love animals and being a Vet isn't always a pleasant job. Being emotional, it probably wouldn't have worked out too well.

2) A Hair Stylest:

After deciding I didn't want to be a Vet, I decide I wanted to be a Hair Stylest. I always liked doing my Barbies hair, cutting it and styling it. It was fun. Then one day we went to a beauty supply store and I could smell the solution they used to give women perms and it kind of made me sick. That's when I realized having a sensitive nose and head, it probably wasn't the best career choice.

3) A Fashion Designer:

After deciding not to be a Hair Stylest, I thought I wanted to be a Fashion Designer. I'm not necessarily into clothes or name brands or anything like that. However, I do like putting outfits together and coming up with ideas in my head of what I think would look good together. I even used to make these little fashion magazines out of computer paper, I would draw an outfit and color it with colored pencil and then show it to my parents. I really did like that and even thought about Fashion Design school. Until, I was watching Project Runway with my mom and she said to me "Honey, you do know Fashion Designers have to sew the clothes too, right?". The answer to that question was "no", I honestly just thought they designed. So, then I changed my mind about that. I still wanted to do something in the Fashion world so I thought about becoming a ......

4) Fashion Consultant: Then I changed my mind and thought about being a....

5) Fashion Merchandiser: Then I changed my mind about that and thought about being a....

6) Fashion Editor for a Magazine: Then I changed my mind about that too.

7) Photographer:

After toying with doing all those things in the Fashion Industry. I decided on being a Photographer, which is funny since I can't take a good picture worth a damn lol. So, then I changed my mind about that.

8 ) Quilt Maker: In between all those careers I thought I wanted, even before I thought about being a Veterinarian. I told my mom "I'm going to be a Quilt Maker". I just scribbled some squares on a piece of paper, colored them and thought I would be a Quilt Maker. It's pretty funny when I think about it, but not as funny as me wanting to be a....

9) Harlem Globetrotter: Not sure why I wanted to be one, maybe it was all the cool tricks they did with a basketball. Whatever the reason, it's funny lol.

That's a lot of mind changing I did growing up, but truth is I'm not a career person. Don't get me wrong I like to work hard and feel accomplished in what I do. Not having a job I do feel lazy and like a loser. In my process of looking for jobs I have a lot of time to contemplate things. Some of things I contemplate are...

What I Wish I Could Have Been:

1) Dancer:

I love to dance and it's one of the few things I think I'm actually pretty good at. I sometimes think about how I wish I could have been a dancer, like the ones you see on Dancing with the Stars or even a back up dancer for Shakira or Jennifer Lopez. It's a high pressure career, but if I was a different person emtionally I would have loved to dance.

2) Writer/Poet:

I love to write, I find joy in it. Even though it's a struggle for me, I do love it. I also love poetry and love to write it. Problem is, it's hard to find inspiration for me to write a poem. So, as much as I love both. It's probably good that they just stay hobbies of mine.

3) Artist:

I love art, I like to draw shapes and turn them into cool funky chicken designs. However, art is one of those things that you either make it big or you don't. So, financially it's a risky career choice. Plus, I don't paint. I just draw and most artist paint. So, It's good that I just keep this as a hobby too.

4) Real Estate Agent:

Most kids get giddy when their parents take them to the park, I got giddy when my parents said we were going to look at model homes lol. I love looking at new houses. I love the fresh carpet, paint and wood smells. I even like watching HGTV and seeing people remodel homes and do home design. I really like it. So, people have suggested to me about being a Real Estate Agent. Which, is a good job. However, I'm not pushy and would probably never sell a house. So, I'll just keep admiring houses from a far.

Before I finish this take, let's talk about...

My ultimate life long dream:

To be a Mom:

I've changed my mind a lot about the things I wanted to do with my life, but the one thing that's never waivered is my desire to be a mom and a wife. I want to do what my mom did, which is have a good job that pays a decent amount but still be able to cook, clean, do laundry, etc etc. And, also be able to be there for my children and my husband and have time as a family and be there for important events. Basically, work and make money so my husband doesn't have to struggle trying to pay all the bills and stuff but still be able to take care of the house and my family. Like my mom did.

We will see if my dreams come true or not. I'm trying to find a job currently, but it's quite difficult. So, I guess we'll see what happens.

So, that's what I wanted and hope for. Feel free to share what you wanted to be growing up. Thanks for reading my take : )

loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• Like every other kid in my country, I wanted to be a soccer player. This dream faded when I started growing up.
    Now my goal in life is becoming a US citizen, get a great job, and most important, start a family.

• I wanted to be a photographer (not creative enough), programmer (can't memorize computer languages very well), a scientist (not intelligent enough) and a pilot. The latter may come true so that's pretty exciting stuff nonetheless.

• I wanted to be in special forces in the military when I was younger. I can't because I have diabetes. Being in the military going to the most war torn parts of the world would feel like you live in a completely different world than what I grew up in. Not dealing with trivial things but contemplating actual life and death on a daily basis.

• It's too hard for me to remember what I wanted to be when I was younger, at some time of my life there was a cut, what happened before that isn't in my memory anymore, but I think the first thing I wanted to be was a lawyer, then a doctor for a long time, years, then a pilot, then a programmer. And hey, the last thing is what I worked as at a small software company when I was 15 until a few months ago. And by now, I know I am gonna be a computer scientist in a few years from now, starting uni in a few months.
    But I think that I'd rather be something else, I just don't know what.

• I want to be you, Is that ok?

• Haha, knock yourself out. But, I don't know why anyone would want to be me lol.

• No , I want to be you for onece, And be the first one trying to be you. At least I have to experience you for onece. Not in a nasty way, A guileless way!

• a stallion. an impregnating stallion that is.

• I wanted to be a kickass badass soldier, fighting battles, driving tanks, sniping enemies and all stuff regarding war - typical high testosterone things a man sometimes-usually wants to do.

• That's cool!

• Wow!
    Ending of the take really blocked my mind that is so cute.
    I really love all of your takes very good take 😊

• Well at least you're a writer now.

• How's the mom career coming along?

I wanted to be a pilot when I was growing up. I went so far as to take flying lessons, but the cost proved too much and my eyesight started failing. Now I'm a teacher.

By the way, I wanted more than anything to be a father. That however didn't happen, nor will it. Oh well.

• Um, unfortunately it's not.

What makes you think you still can't be a dad?

• Even if I married again right this very second, I wouldn't have a child. Likely the woman I marry would be my age, which puts the child at risk for health problems. Aside from that, I will be retiring when the kid is graduating high school. Not a good time to help that child with college.

I could have a child, I suppose, but I don't think it's fair to the child to be putting it through the risks.

• I understand.

What Girls Said 13

• really nice take!! yeah we dream too much as a kid... me as a kid i wanted to be :
    model/surgeon/actress/politician
    but that's just part of my imagination i guess its good to dream as we are still a kid.. too much imagination :(

• I went from
    Vet
    Artist
    Horse person (anything to do with horses)
    Writer
    Brick layer (I don't know, I just did)
    Plumber (ben ten)
    Carpentry (dads job)
    masseuse (mums job)
    game maker (If only I had the patience)
    game tester
    coffee tester
    teacher
    art teacher
    English teacher
    theatre lighting operator

Those are the ones growing up, the ones that are current:
    Author
    Theatre lighting operator
    Editor (maybe)

and whatever the hell will actually make me money. I refuse to rely on every one else for the rest of my life.

• I've wanted to be a vet, an animal welfare officer, a mental health nurse, a psychologist, a veterinary nurse, a scientist, a champion horse rider, a business woman, a CEO and the list goes on. I'm currently looking into being a veterinary nurse but I'm still interested in business so that may come into the mix at some point. I'm still not entirely sure of what I want to do/be though.

• I've also wanted to become way too many things when I was younger. I'm not completely satisfied in my current field since I think I could do more and I'm not sure yet on how I could.

I love all your takes. I hope your dream comes true.

• I was so number 3

• i love ur article.. all the pics.. it is very thoughtful and cute.. i wanted to b an artist till i was 8.. but i m very smart and nerdy.. so my mom changed my mind to b a doctor.. that was my passion till 10.. and then i saw victoria secret show.. and thier wings.. soo til 13 i wanted to b a VS model.. just bcoz i wanted those wings.. then i wanted to join army as a doctor cuz i wanted to help people.. and vs models dont do that,.. but now i dont want to join army.. and i want to b a scientist.. and do something great..

• I wanted to be a veterinarian, photographer, dog trainer, dog breeder.
    I stuck with mine beside the vet.
    I am a photographer, planning on going out of state for a dog training school, and once I'm a successful dog trainer I would like to breed german important shepherds or malinois

• I wanted to be an Editor, and an author on the side.

And of course, a power ranger.

• Aww I wanted to be a vet too! Amongst wanting to be an archaeologist, an architect, an artist, a masseuse, a marine biologist, a singer, an interior designer and lastly- a parrot. I really believed being a parrot was a full time job.

• Your take made me remember my first 'dream job' - when I was 9 I always wanted to be a volcanologist (I know weird right?) so I spent a lot of days reading books about volcanos and plate tectonics... then I wanted to be an astrophysicist so I also read a lot of books about astrophysics. I've never ever fitted in with the other kids (from the way my mind works) I don't know.. lot of things wrong with me ^^;

• There's nothing wrong with any of those things you wanted to do, it's actually very cool.

• You named 2 out of 3 things I wanted to be... A judge/veterinarian/fashion designer.

• i wanted to be the first female president (was actually voted as such by my class lol), then a lawyer, and then i wanted to find the cure to cancer. i briefly wanted to be an astronaut. i was an ambitious child.

• So interesting, thank you :)