How do I change my laugh?

For some reason, everytime I laugh the guys in my class imitate it. So I asked my friend if my laugh was weird or something and she said I sound like a little kid when I laugh. :( One of my freinds said that I sound like a dying dolphin when I laugh. Then my other freind said I just sound like a dolphin; Not a dying one. Then she said that I don't need to worry cause She thinks dolphins are cute.

Do do you think I might actually sound like a dying dolphin? And how do I change my laugh?

Most Helpful Guy

• Own it and go with it.

Maybe your friends are jealous, because they think you have a cute laugh and they don't.

• I'm not too sure to be honest

• I never had problems with it before. Maybe That's the reason then... That was helpful

• I know that things get difficult when we become self conscious, but you'll never be able to "change" your laugh unless you fake laugh. And I'd say that not being able to actually laugh would be one of the worst fates imaginable.

I'm glad that I could help and good luck laughing!

What Guys Said 9

• Your laugh is beautiful, its unique, and charming and original! love your laugh! and if someone doesn't love your laugh then they don't love you ;)
    You can have the ugliest laugh but it wouldn't matter if you are with those you love... dont change it!!! :D

• Girl, you have nothing to worry over. I promise you that a guy will not go "sorry but I don't like your laugh". When people have crazy laughs it's the best! Who wants a boring laugh that everyone shares? Uhh not me thanks. When girls have fun laughs like that I think it's super cute. Don't worry, that's from a boy so you're in the safe zone (:

• Then why do you think he tries to copy it? And then fake laugh like me?

• Because it's different (: It doesn't change the way someone views you - I have a girl in my year and when she laughs it's like a scream then a 2 second pause and then another scream - it's funny but no one thinks any different of her, just people know her laugh is like that (: you're worrying too much (;

• if u don't mind... please share yer laugh with us so we can tell... :-)

• Then don't laugh, just smile lol

• Don't change a thing :)

• Don't change it. Embrace it.

• Ur friends are funny

• Love who you are. Including your laugh :)

• ;) who are you?

• But then I can't be your mystery guy anymore :D

• You don't need to be my mystery guy

• You laugh like a little kid because you are a kid

What Girls Said 9

• That's rude of your friends to say and boys are dumb so try not to let them bother you. Maybe your friends are jealous the boys give you attention. I don't know if it's possible to change your laugh but honestly hon I don't think it's something to worry about. I'm sorry people are mean to you for it. :(

• I have the exact same issue and I don't give a shit.
    I accepted that it is a part of my charm.
    I either get mocked for my laugh or people consider it cute and they laugh along. No middle ground.
    Embrace it, you don't have to change it.

• Don't change it. For years, I thought I laughed weird. Now I realize that it makes me unique and I love it. I hold it back sometimes when I don't want the attention but I sound like Betty Rubble from The Flinstones

• Lol, don't worry about it. I literally giggle when I laugh and people always mock me at first but sometimes they think it's cute, that's why they mock you. You never know other peoples intentions.

• You're 15, your voice will change and possibly become deeper. Guys imitating you doesn't mean it's bad anyway. Your different laugh makes you unique. I think they mostly find it cute/funny, which is not bad.

• Omg @ the dying dolphin. 😭 They sound like assholes. You should just laugh how you laugh, and they should have the decency not to be so rude and immature. Don't worry about it, I'm sure your laugh is fine!

• I know if they didn't say that to me I would've been like "what the heck" too

• Who cares what other people think. Screw those guys, they're douchebags. But maybe by being around someone you'll develop their laugh in a way. It happens to me not purposely though. I've been around some of my friends that laugh a lot and after a while I find myself laughing like them. Again, no need to change what makes you, you.

• Your laugh might change over the years, I don't know.

• You can't really change your laugh