Anyone have tips for gaining weight?

I've tried eating more calories, it's not doing a damn thing for me. :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Take a thyroid pill, that should counteract your fast metabolism. I have hypothyroidism therefore I gain weight very easily. My sister on the other hand has hyperthyroidism and no matter how much she eats she doesn't gain weight at all. If you take a pill for hyperthyroidism, you should be able to gain weight.

• I actually have had low thyroid in the past and was skinny. it's not true that it makes everyone fat. only some.

What Guys Said 14

• Bigger portions!
    Like when you're making a meal when it says this will feed two people don't half it!
    Eat that sucker to yoself!

I know you said calories don't help but it's about eating more then you burn and for a sustained period! I think it's like 7000 calories for a pound of fat... But you're probably burning 2000 so you'd need to eat 9000 calories to gain that pound.

Don't do this in insane portions!!! Because that'll be bad.

• I doubt I even eat 2000 a day.

I've actually found that eating a bigger meal makes it harder to eat more food later. :/

• hmm, I'll try

• Good luck :) it's all about perseverance!

• I hear them Ensure liquid supplements can make you gain weight
    and it would be the healthy way too cause they use them in patients
    who can't eat :-D

• eat meat :-P

hahahha jk... anyway... does soda work?

• Start by eating those babies first
    www.gencat.cat/economia/ur/img/img_80808573_1.jpg

• Protein and carbs!

• I read once that to gain a pound, you have to consume 1000 extra calories a day. So I guess maybe eat like Big Macs and whoppers all day every day and you'll be a fat chick in no time!! Lol

• I've vegan.. but, yea I read on a couple sites in order to gain 2 pounds a week I'd have to eat 2000 extra calories.. no idea how. :/ it truly amazes me there are people out there that can eat so much in a single day.

• It's also in how your body metabolizes calories. But high calorie intake on slow metabolism...

• Haha I was gonna say what @Klaatu51 said :p
    Umm switch bodies with me. I am the opposite :p

• You probably just have fast metabolism your lucky it still hasn't slowed down at your age

• Where is dat HAWT body to prove meh?

• Eat junk/fatty foods and don't exercise. Donuts, cookies, chips, meats, etc.

• Check out bodybuilding. Com

• When you find out let me know cause I can't put on weight either

• eat lots of protein!!

• @ihave2fart said the same thing, how would that make me gain fat?

• the bag has about 800 calories.

• you'd benefit with more than just a bag.

• welll you got to keep eating more and more... how how many calories are you eating a day curently..

What Girls Said 5

• Lifting weights and lifting heavy
    pbs.twimg.com/media/BsMr5HZCcAE_crP.jpg:large
    This is mankofit who was obviously very thin before. Now she's fit and a professional fitness model

• I don't see any difference.

• what do you mean never wake up? in the night?

• A BMR is how many calories you'd need if you slept all fat. Never getting up to pee, no tossing and turning, basically in a coma.
      An if you do more movement in a day than you would in a coma then you need way more

• Has your doctor come up with a reason for why you're having a hard time putting on weight?

• Lucky girl! Can we do a fat transfer haha. But seriously you should talk to a nutritionist. They can place you on diet to gain the weight

• eAT A LOT OF POURAGE

• sit on your ass and watch it grow :)