How many of you hold a concealed firearms permit?

• Yes, I hold a concealed firearms permit.
  • No, I do not hold a concealed firearms permit.
  • No, I do not hold a concealed firearms permit, but would like to.
  • What is a concealed firearms permit?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• I don't have one since concealed carry is illegal here. Guns really aren't a big deal here anyways. I live in a safe area so there's no need to worry about any of that.

• It's not allowed in Canada.

What Guys Said 6

• I voted "B", even though I live in Ohio, which is a state that has it legal.

I don't agree with being able to carry a hand gun with you in public places. If you want a gun in case of a murderer breaking in your home, keep it in your home. There is no reason to take it on the streets. This is why we have such a violence problem in the United States, because cold-hearted people can have easy access to weapons. Notice how MOST murders are done in public places and it rarely happens in a house break-in? I wonder how many of these murderers said "I was just defending myself" and actually viciously killed someone. If you want fight someone with your fists, you'e a wimp.

If you want to go target shooting or you need to hunt for food purposes, that's great! Own a rifle and go to a range or wilderness (where the animals are.) There is no reason to hide and carry a hand-gun in public places, especially public places which serve alcohol.

• The crimes being committed are not by people legally carrying concealed firearms. In fact, there are countless circumstances in which they are the ones stopping the real criminals. In addition, those who commit violent gun crimes with a concealed weapon overwhelmingly obtain their firearms ILLEGALLY. There are loads of statistics for most states to back up both of these qualifications. Thank you for your comments.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif I don't own a heat, but I should like any normal person these days LOL

• I think it is illegal in Ireland to carry a concealed weapon.

• I do not. )

• Some states require a permit to carry a "concealed" firearm - meaning "hidden from view". Some states do not. I happen to live in Maine, in which a basic permit is necessary.

• I am terrible with guns and rather not use them in my defense.

• Yeah, it's MUCH harder than it looks! So much practice and skill involved, but a very fun hobby. It's hard for me to stop the small circular movements the body makes naturally, and also twitching from the anticipation of the recoil with the higher caliber pistol. I don't know if I've ever be really good. So far, I only "carry" in my vehicle to transport.

• Don't have to worry about this at all where I live. Thank goodness.

• Awesome! There are several states which don't require a permit. And gun crime has been measurably reduced because of it. The Second pretty much covers it all, doesn't it?

• I live in Canada. We cannot carry concealed weapons. Our gun laws and quite strict. Generally only rifles for sport reasons are permitted. I am more than OK with that. If you are carrying a concealed weapon or own a handgun you better be an officer of the law or you are a criminal. Makes law enforcement pretty easy. We have lower numbers of police officers per population yet and we have significantly lower crime rates pretty well across the board especially gun crime.

• Never would want a gun, unless the world was clasping

• I'm not sure if you intended to type, "collapsing," but, look around you. It is!

• Ya that's what I meant, but I mean if everyone was going crazy from attacking one another fighting to survive

• Thank you for your comments.