When you die what do you think happens?

Do you think there is an afterlife when you die? I am not taking about religion or god but seeing family members. We just lost a family member that died young and its heart-breaking to think that I will never see or hear her voice again, Do you believe in the whole soul thing? It has brought me a little comfort thinking this way but some of my friends are looking at me if I was stupid.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you believe it, then don't worry about how they look at you. They'll be wondering the same thing when they lose someone close to them. I personally think that there isn't life after death, but I think reincarnation is the most likely of the ways out there. Sure, I believe in souls, but I think of them as more of an energy charge. Believe what you want! If they're someone important, they won't mind.

What Guys Said 16

• Well, I hope that there's something after. Best I can figure though, we die, our brain dies, and so does our consciousness. We won't exist but we won't recognize that we don't exist so... doesn't really matter I guess. Bummer to think about though, an eternity of nothingness.

• When we die, if not cremated to ashes, our bodies are most definitely broken down by the bacteria within and surrounding our body. Also, we'll be consumed by the bugs that are living in the soil around where we are buried. I can not tell you that we have a soul because medical science has yet to find where this mystical emotional/spiritual "heart" is located... You must not dwell on the loss of someone close to you, this breeds depression and pessimism. Instead try celebrating the life they had and focus on the lovely times you had with your loved one. One can find happiness and contentment in thinking the recently lost loved one is no longer subjected to the day to day pain, displeasure and injustices that the living encounter regularly. I see no gratification in the thought that you may one day be reunited with said person. Rather, this mindset will hinder the advancement of their emotional well being and inhibit the growth of coping skills... I am so sorry for your loss. I too recently lost two loved ones. in dealing with this, I've focused on the greatness they exhibited while they were alive.

• What happens to a computer when the current is cut or when both Windows and the HDD crash completely.
    The end thus. A human body will rot and be eaten by maggots or be incinerated.

• It can be comforting to believe in an afterlife but I don't think it's very likely. I think it'll be like a dreamless sleep that never ends. You and your consciousness simply seece to exist, and the matter and energy which was you return back to the universe. Those atoms return to the cycle becoming other things. It's kind of sad if it's that way but at the same time, all your worries would be gone. A very peaceful nothingness in a way.

• I love the thought of coming back for another life, with the possibility to have an even better one after working out all the crap in the kinks in this one. However, I don't believe that our souls/conscious goes anywhere else. Therefore, I just think we don't even experience or comprehend being gone.

That being the case, the idea of being dead doesn't frighten me, but I am bummed out about not being able to experience what life has to offer in the future. I am glad I have seen some of the great things that have happened in my years here, and I am hopeful to see many more before I go. I'm glad I don't live back when people took a bath only once a month, or lived under horribly filthy conditions as was the norm was way back when.

• yessss... hope so at least ^_^

• I don't like to think about it too much. I've just accepted that I don't know.

• I don't know what will happen because honestly no one does. There's no evidence to prove or disprove an afterlife. Like I believe there's a higher power but I don't know what it is.

• i will live the other life, there wher the God will judge all people.

• It's hard to talk about life after death without being related to religion.
    That being said... from what I understand, the people that eventually arrive in heaven WILL meet again. AND the feelings of sadness and despair, from missing people, will be supplemented with Joy! Not only for being reunited with the ones you knew, but for ALL who've gone before us!
    I don't know, but I hope that's true...

Until then, Que Sera Sera

• When I die, I believe my consciousness would be teleported elsewhere via space somewhere ^^.

• Your brain cells die, and you dont fell anything. you dont see anything.
    You vanished. Your world ended.
    After that your cells will turn in non organic materials. And be used by other animals. And problaby you will be part of another animal. And reancarnate?

• I think they put u in the ground

• I think the soul is attached to the body. Personally I think we sleep til the return of Christ.

• It must be good. Otherwise, someone would have found a way out already.

• Ill find out when I find out. No rest for the wicked.

What Girls Said 10

• Sometimes I think that we don't realize we're dead, so we just keep living life as we had been. Maybe our soul ages too, and when it does, we just return to the flow of energy in the universe. Other times, I just think we return to the universe energy river.

• I hope to be with my family when I die. Obviously most people on here have never lost anyone so close to them that you are left feeling broken. I understand your pain and it is nice to think that one day you might be with the ones you lost. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

And for the idiots she was never talking about reincarnation or the body decomposing she was talking about your soul so have some god damn respect some of the comments on here are disgusting!!

• Umm you just die. I don't really know.

• I believe in reincarnation.

• Hopefully I go to heaven.

• I have often contemplated on the complexity of death, I have come to the conclusion that it is basically impossible to know.

• Heaven or Hell

• You are dead. That's it. No "second life" or "after life".

• I don't believe in an afterlife, or souls. I think we just die and our remains go back into the earth, fueling new life. The Circle of Life. There's beautiful simplicity in it.

• We'll your hearing is the last to go. When you dies I believe your sound goes to its destination (heaven or hell)