Why all the hate on child support?

It is not the goverments responsibility to ensure that the child has a good life it the responsibility of both parents. Men just constantly get upset at the thought of child support? but why daycare is $800-1500 a month and the child needs food, water, clothes, electronics, gifts, recreation and housing untill 18 years. then post secondary.

i do not get child support i support my child alone, i am just wondering why they think they shouldn't have to pay?

If you dont want to pay child support keep it in your pants.

Most Helpful Guy

• While I pay support (even though I feel as if I shouldn't have to in my situation) we make about the same amount of money, have a 50/50 custody agreement, I pay all day care expenses plus medical and dental insurance, oh and I am considered the residential parent, why am I being forced to pay more than the other parent. If both parents take part in having a child both parents should be obligated to raise (pay) that child.

• respectful answer

• While i feel fortunate i have my child so much, i am a bit bitter seeing my childs mother to do whatever she wants while I have to plan my expenses. I love my daughter to death, but some mothers see their children more as a meal ticket and a way to control an ex any way they can. Thankfully I have a good co parenting situation with my ex but know way to many fathers who are taken to the cleaners and have their children withheld from them as a means of control.

What Guys Said 7

• Because the mother takes your child away from you then takes you to court and they force you to pay her money for the kid you never see anymore. If you don't pay you can get jail time. There is no real guarantee that your money will actually be put towards the child either, she can do whatever she wants with it once she gets it.

If men did that to women there would be revolution.

• yes if you are proven to be an unfit father, only then do they not give the father rights. All judges will choose what is best for the child and that is to see both parents unless one is a drug addict or something like that.

• you are choosing a worst case scenario trust me most mothers want what is best for their child and that is financial stability and quality life style.

• Well Taking care of a kid is one thing but a lot of women dump a man just to get child support and have an easy life and not work and I said most women I know a few who use it to take care of the kids but how is it fair that the man has got to go to jail and he can never keep the kids in most cases we have it really bad when it comes to this type of thing.

• "i do not get child support i support my child alone,"<---- can u afford it at least? do u work?

• im ok at the moment and i will likely file for support in the future but i live at home with my parents and i work yes. Thank god for my parents basically. Im going to school too.

• Even if the man is undeniably better for care taking of a child, the women gets the child so its almost always the man that pays child support. If more women payed child support is be completely fine with it, but it is almost entirely a one sided affair.

• Shit is heavily stack against men
    There is little fairness in those laws

• Child support wouldn't be so bad if the mothers never abused it by spending the money on themselves. I would support having fathers provide what the children need directly.

"If you don't want to pay child support keep it in your pants."

Stop sleeping with deadbeat losers. Problem solved?

• Because you pissed out a ton of money, she doesn't let you see the kids, if she decides to move away, she can just take them and you'll never see them again, a lot of women abuse the Fuck out of the money (never spending a dime on the kid, so in the rare times we see the kid, we have to spend extra money on things like shoes since she bought booze with the support money).

We have the threat of jail over our heads, so if we run into hard times, we can go to jail for being poor (and women rarely get penalised when in the same situation), and often times, the amount is disproportionate to our income--and we may have to pay alimony on top of that.

Basically, we get fucking impoverished, can't get new relationships because women don't want to get involved in the situation, and any chance of enjoying our kids is usually stripped from us. The only thing we get to have is the knowledge that we're being "responsible" while our lives get turned to complete shit.

And we also know that the cunt raising our kid without us present is going to ruin the child--for example, a boy raised in a single mother home is between 70 - 80% more likely to become a rapist or violent criminal.

The system currently in place simply let's women abuse the situation with the man under threat of jail, all while the kid gets ruined by her. Sounds great, right?

• ok wow i just think this is a worst case scenario and there is no reason he can't see his children unless the court has found him to be a unfit father.

• no i was curious what you would say i don't like endless arguments on here either lol... anyway ill give you a one up for at least taking some time to talk about my topic.

• i have had too many people get really defensive and want to argue lol i totally agree on that !! it get tiring

What Girls Said 2

• I think there are too many mothers who abuse the system. I always say, during a divorce, and until the kids turn 18, the mother will always have the fathers balls clenched tightly her hands, treating him as her financial puppet. If the mothers don't get their way, they make any kind of threat they can. They forget that it isn't about them, that it is about the kids.
    My boyfriend pays $1,900 a month to a woman who lives with their two kids and boyfriend in a one bedroom loft above her parents garage. Neither her or her boyfriend have a job and they don't pay rent. She also applied for the kids to have free lunches at their school! $1,000 of that is supposed to go to daycare, but she pulled them out 6 months ago. When school started, she kept asking for more money for school supplies. Where is the money going? This person is pathetic. It's sickening how the courts can allow this woman to sit back, do nothing, and live FULLY off of her ex-husbands money. It's worse when the kids say all she doesn't is sit with her boyfriend on the couch, drinking wine and watching her shows.

• I didn't mean down vote I accident it. I mean u up vote! Sorry!

• People always want to hate on something.