I hate working an office job?

I'm so unhappy working a 9-5 office job. I can't be myself, get the tattoos I want, or pursue anything creative.

What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm. I work a job similar to that though it's going to be changing hours the week after next (I work 8 to 4:30). I actually like it since it's relatively simple and easy. And I get paid more than my last job which was low pay with back-breaking work and no appreciation (seriously, 9 bucks an hour at Taco Bueno. Not worth it).

In your situation, I would try and go to a different job area. I know--and it sucks--that fast food lets you wear tattoos and does some creative things around the holidays depending on where you go. Wal-Mart is similar--cake decorators apparently get paid a lot. You can try some human resource jobs that don't require a degree or non-profit sectors.

What Guys Said 8

• Tattoos won't make you happy.

You can't pursue anything creative because you work in an office? Do you realize how lame that sounds?

• Not as lame as you do.

• That doesn't really respond to the point; it just says something about how you handle criticism.

Why does working in an office prevent you from doing anything creative?

• do u ahve any other alternatives at least? 8)

• Life is too short... use this job to prepare for what you want to do. The goal is to be happy not rich.

• I have a 8-6 office job and let me tell you I want to go back to college every single day lol that was the life

• I figured by now tattoos would be fine.

Go for what you want or do what will pay the bills

• Well there is always stripper they have a lot of tattos

• Quit. lol. obv.

• Quit and move on

What Girls Said 2

• Tough it out in the office job until you find something that suits you. I wouldn't say just quit bc surely u have to make a living but start networking with creative types and look for a better job for u

• Quit and find something else?