Do you consider yourself a racist?

I'd say a little

• Yes
  • Sometimes
  • A little
  • No
The only racism I really have in me is the stereotypes, because most of the kids at my school fit into the stereotypes for their ethnicity or race. Also, many kids will say stuff like, why would I do that, I'm not white, and vise versa for other things. But as a man of both black and white parents, I try to not but ever since middle school it's been like this

Most Helpful Guy

• I can be... I learned the hard way. I worked up in northern Canada and traveled to reserves last year. I found after a time i was looking at all native Canadians in a racist way. It scared me. I think if we are not careful we can all become racists.

• Fantastic answer, and I would have to say I have had experiences just like that that made me think like that

What Girls Said 8

• I definitely do have some racism, yeah. I try to work against it and to not let it affect how I think and act, but it probably still does to some extent. Honestly, anyone who says they're not even a little bit racist is probably lying. I do sorta want to make a distinction between being racist and being a racist though. I feel like being a racist implies actually significant racial bias, while just being racist doesn't specify how racist you are. But that's just my interpretation of that. So based on that, I don't think I'm a racist, or at least I certainly hope not. But I am probably at least a little racist.

• I'm not a racist.

• I wasn't raised to be racist and I was a child in the 1970's which was a very tolerant era.

• I only buy white socks :'(

• Lol I only buy black socks, except for when I am buying dress clothes

• I may be alittle.

• only to chinese and indians. well i wouldn't really say its racist but i dont like to be around indians because they dont use deodorant and chinese people (like people who actually live in china) are really weird and their farts smell sooo bad and they have bad breath and bad teeth. but i mean i dont mind being friends with them or hanging out with them they just gross me out. #sorrynotsorry :P

• Lolhave you been to China?

• Then how would you even know how people who live in china's farts smell like?

• bc i know people who have come from china and are new to america. actually i know a couple families like that.

• Not at all.

• A little..

What Guys Said 12

• nooooooooooo NO hell NO... i despise it ;-)

• I'm not racist, but I'd be a damn lie to say that I wasn't at least a little bit prejudice against white men.

Prejudice- preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif

• Nope today my buddy Philnile stopped by and we did some training chatter, he's black lol.

• I don't think so

• I love snowy days. Should I be considered a racist?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c5de85f57b.jpg

• Mmmm I love me some good old fashioned race hate

• Not really a good thing but thanks for the honesty

• Everyone is a little bit racist... and i live in Canada so we just don't care. XD

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wCgx8zM3woQ

• That's an illogical thought. Just like saying everyone's a little gay. It lacks common sense. If you read the definition of what racism is, a lot of people don't fit that.

Don't speak for me. Feel free to speak for yourself.

• Also you're over generalization of meeting many guys like me is a paradox to your previous statement of my over generalization saying everyone is bit racist.

Think before you contradict yourself :D

• Therefore your a girl who also supposedly lacks that same common sense you claim guys you met from g@g lack.

Huehueheu

• I think everyone has harmless little biases pertaining to other races. I just don't let them effect my judgement of an individual.

• I wouldn't say they're harmless. Even a little bit of bias can have some pretty enormous effects in the right circumstances.

• @Cipher42 I know myself better than you do. I can assure you that they have nothing to do with the person. I don't treat people differently based off of race.

@Drast No one said I didn't have biases. I said I don't have any RACIAL bias. That is true.

• @RationalLioness: If you say so. I still don't trust that you have none, but I don't trust that anybody does, since I work so hard to be unbiased but still have my issues. But I do believe that you're probably relatively unbiased, and I'm not about to pretend I know your brain better than you.

• Not at all. Most people are racists, though.

• Yup.

tooshortstupidruleforlosres

• The funny thing is that if racism wasn't so sensationalized by the media it might not even exist AT ALL. Yes, literally, it may not exist at all. It's mind control.

• a little. i don't like seeing white girls with black guys