My dads being less supportive and encouraging of my basketball career?

In the beginning when I started playing he would at least say "you did fine" at the end of my worst games, and tell me what I did good on and what to improve on in the car. I have had some VERY good games lately and I had a sorta bad game a couple weeks ago, during practice if I miss a short I'll look over to him shaking his head saying something like "Jesus Christ Haven". After practices and games he won't say anything and when I ask how I did, he says "every Basketball player should know." I don't know why he's doing this, kinda hurts. Did i raise the bar? Did I lower the bar? Please help, I try my best and go 110% every game.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I think this is something you should ask him personally I mean all we can do is theorize but you actually know the man, so sit him down and talk with him about it, father to daughter. I know that is probably not the answer you were looking for but it is probably the best thing to do.

What Guys Said 3

• did u ask him if he wants 2 continue with basketball or not?

• Maybe he has too high expectations for you. I think you should tell him what you're feeling so you guys can sort it out.

• Is because he knows of WNBA.

What Girls Said 0