Why do we cut the middle out of dounuts?

0|0
5|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Today to create and sell two products from one.

*BOSTON AC

0|1
    0|0
    • *Boston Accent* Hey yo here's your dozen of donuts. That will be 14 bucks. For an extra 6 bucks I can get ya some donut holes.

What Guys Said 12

• :O This questions makes sense... I had never thought about it. Maybe we're so used to do it that we keep doing whithout thinking that we don't need to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easier to grab. Usually a finger or thumb goes in there

0|0
    0|0
    • And to cook it more evenly. If the middle was filled in, it would be too soft on the inside

• Because that's how they make the Dough nuts!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it doesn't need any filling and it's probably easier to make multiple batches of it that way, as well as grab with your hands more firmly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Agree with @Rahdle. Donuts are deep fried. They cook more evenly because of the hole.

0|0
    0|0
  • Selling donut holes is another form of profit. Now you got 2 items on the menu and you'd probably charge the same price for a donut even if it didn't have that hole to begin with. Therefore is a way to increase profit margins.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some kid didn't like how the middle of the little cakes his mom made were soggy, so he poked a hole in the middle of them and that was the first donut, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Because then you'd have a danish

0|0
    0|0
  • People are weird lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Because if you don't shape dough into nuts, then it's just bread.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tradition

0|0
    0|0
  • The middle is for the teddy bears to eat.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Not all of them!

1|1
    0|0
  • I've read that they started doing this because they wouldn't get cooked fully without the hole. I've never liked donuts, bleh.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe the extra surface area makes the donut cook more evenly and keeps it from being oily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know haha

0|0
    0|0
  • To have more surface area for frosting

I have no idea.

0|0
    0|0