What do you think about marijuana?

Should it be legal everywhere or not?

• Legal
  • Not legal
Do you think it should be okay to smoke when you are caring for a baby or a child?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think both marijuana and cigarettes should be outright banned. But if cigs are okay to get people to cough up ridiculous sums of cash to fund their addiction, marijuana isn't exactly worse by that much or at least the research isn't extensive enough yet, so they may as well.

• Do you think they should be able to care for babies or breastfeed while high?

• I don't know if that affects the beast milk. Probably not good for the kid, though.

What Guys Said 26

• This plant, when prepared properly, actually it's oil, can be much better than any other pills/drugs. It's natural. Those who has chronic pain, or depression, or stress find it much lighter and more acceptable than pills/drugs. Much less side effects. They squeeze its oil, mix it with cooking flour, and make, for example, sweet cookies.
    They eat one cookie and it's okay. Now try to read side-effect of pills/drugs.

About smoking... smoking is not so good. It affects lungs. Oil is better.

About eating oil when you are caring for a baby or a child... it's complicated. I would advise against it, but I don't have any medical research to "back it up". You need a proper research on it if you're serious.

Should be it legal everywhere? Hard to say. If person has a self-control and "knows" what she/he are doing - it's okay. If not - access should be minimized.

• Kills brain cells makes people lazy

• Yeah... back in the 60s and 70s when people actually believed that shit lol

• Yes they are lazy. I knew this Marine he was highly motivated and working out a lot and running but he wanted to party and he turned into a pot head and became super lazy. plus being stoned at the wheel you can get into a car accident

• And being drunk doesn't? I've seen many alcoholics fall through the cracks as well. Does that mean that the average person can't enjoy a drink once in a while? Marijuana is the exact same concept.

• It should be legal. It's their body, and it's their choice. Smoking cannabis doesn't hurt other people, and it costs millions of dollars to enforce our current marijuana laws. Money that can be put to a better use, rather than trying to force people to live their life the way you see fit and then throwing them in prison if they don't comply with your opinion. If someone isn't a thief or committing violent acts, then they are not a threat to the general public. Legalization is inevitable at this point, Colorado and Washington are generating millions of dollars, while at the same time lowering law enforcement expenses. The marijuana lobby is growing, and it's just a matter of time. If you don't agree with marijuana, don't use it. Just keep to yourself and let others decide for themselves. As far as the child care question is concerned, that is just common sense. Parents should care for their children above all else. While watching a child, or at work, or operating heavy machinery you shouldn't be under the influence of any substance. Are people going to do it? Unfortunately the answer is yes, it goes on even with certain substances being illegal. Heroin addicts unfortunately can have children. Alcoholics are always under the influence, and many of them have children and hold jobs. In a perfect world, everyone would do what they are supposed to do, but this is the real world. Policies have to practical and enforceable, otherwise they are a waste of time and resources.

• I don't think that it should be illegal but I think that strongest measures must be taken in order to ban youngsters from smoking it.

• There's a very good reason why the government bans all sorts of mind changing drugs and it's not what you think...

rs2img.memecdn.com/...ng-to-marijuana_o_463008.jpg

• My firm's main office in downtown SF is right by a "medical" marijuana clinic. You can get a permit for "depression" and buy as much as you want lol. It's all over Cali, never into that tho.

Some very sharp and entrepreneurial girl scout setup shop and sold girl scout cookies in front of the marijuana clinic. Isn't that pure genius?

• For a while, I thought it should be legal. But now I'm back on the fence. I'm not sure.

• I honestly view it the same way I view tobacco or alcohol - If you want to okay - I don't smoke and drink very little by the way.

• What a 20 a day cigarette smoker, drinker, prescription meds - Where do you stop once you start - A nursing mum is unlikely to partake

• I think it's a stupid plant that people want to shove in your face to make them selfs look good. I hate it everything about it, and yes it does kill brain cells. I mean think about it. 97% of the people who smoke it can't even spell right.

• They waste SO much goddamn money trying to control a substance that makes people want to lounge around and eat.

• Care for... Nope wait till it's sleeping for the night or whatever. That is if they can't take a while off for a kid (potential addiction issues if not).

Breast feeding... nope. Just give the crib midget some formula if you're not apt to keeping the boob juice fresh and healthy.

• Pot is fine to be legal in my opinion once society comes to accept it. I don't smoke pot and probably won't ever, but it's definitely better than alcohol for you. Chances are it might even be beneficial for humans. But until society accepts it and doesn't look down on people that smoke pot, it shouldn't become legal everywhere.

• Legal but as regulated as smoking. It smells awful so I don't want to smell it in public places.

• No because a lot of people have the stupid placebo effect acting like they're drunk when high and they'll be clumsy and stupid which are two things not to be when handling a baby.

• I'm all for it. I've also done some pot brownies at the time.

• People drink when caring for a child. Not a great thing to do, but it's legal.

• Obviously there's no reason to not legalize it. People smoke cigarettes around kids, but at least parents that actually care will smoke outside.

• Yup. Legalise that grass.

• Nope no way. A parent shouldn't even be high, drunk or irresponsible when caring babies or their kids in general

• it has been proven to be good..

• nooooooooooooooooooo... it ruins the babies life

• It hasn't. It gives you short-term memory problems and there's actually very little known about the effects. Smoking is never really good.

• Fav. Material of white youths

• Well there might be more chubby people around after, but it should be legal.

• I live Colorado no one cares

• Fuck them, and it ducks others up with second hand smoke

• I like the smell :-)

• heck yea especially if a doctor says to do it.

• Should be legal.

• So you think it's okay to drive while being on the influence of drugs or take care of a child.

• Drive no, weed isn't quite as bad at interfering with your spacial reasoning but it will still get you killed in the drivers seat. I wouldn't advise raising kids while smoking weed but I've personally witnessed kids who come from that type of household succeed in life without that hindering them.

• No because then if it's legal the quality of marijuan will suck, they'll start putting lots of chemicals like tobacco plants, so let's not do that, smoke weed Everyday by the way

• It should be legal everywhere. It's good. Believe me.

What Girls Said 16

• No.
    Makes people bigger idiots than they already are.

Aaaaand now I wait for the down-votes, futile and non founded efforts to prove me wrong aaaand, hopefully, some cute. gifs. =)

• hell no. we shouldn't have to conform to the lowering quality of lifestyle humans r living.

• I'm against doing it too, but there is some research that shows that if it's legal a lot less people buy it.
      Not only does it lower crimes for taking away drug dealer's business but surprisingly a lot of people use it simply because it was illegal (thrill factor).

• @Spuitkaas

I haven't researched Netherland that much, I've only read up on Portugal since they were one of the first to do it but overall I do think it's a lot worse in America. What age do you have to be to buy it in your country and are there are requirements to buy it?

• @zorro8888 18, same age as alcohol. And just bring your ID. I could just go to a coffeeshop right now and buy it. You can buy weed very easy as a minor too. A few friends of mine smoke weed pretty much everyday and are both minors.

• I'm indifferent about it. On one hand it helps with diseases such as cancer and some people need it but on the other people tend to abuse it so legalizing it may lead to chaos.

• It should be legal, because adults should have the right to do whatever they want to their own body. I don't think they should be able to smoke around children, or in places that prohibit alcohol/tobacco.

• Cannabis used to be used to put babies to sleep for prolonged periods of time while they were with their mothers out in the fields working in older agricultural societies.

• Thats terrible

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABc8ciT5QLs

I think Mr. Tosh sums it up nicely.

• It should be illegal, in my line of work I've seen far too many cases of pot screwing up peoples lives.

• Yet it is illegal and what you see still happens, meaning that its illegality does not stop those things from happening.

• The illegality of pretty much every crime doesn't stop it from occurring, are you suggesting nothing should be illegal?

• It's legal in my country but I'm not really fan of it. I know lots of people around me who smoke it regularly. Just because it's not as bad as smoking cigarettes, doesn't mean it's not bad. It's still smoking and smoking overall is bad.
    by the way, I have no problem with eating it once in a while in spacecake form, but we all know people are not going to do that.

• No ofcourse not. Never do weird things while having babies or being pregnant.

• Not legal then they'll tax that shit and a stick will become $25. Provides a bit of a thrill too Hahaha love it

• Fucks da brain up big time. People take it like candy.

• I see it this way: Alcolhol can kill you and so can smoking cigarettes, so why the hell not?

• I mean should they be able to take care of the child while being high.

Not talking about if they are high one night and grandma babysitts. But being high while taking care of a child.

• I wouldn't recommend that, when you're high you aren't fully there (not in your normal mindset) it could alter the way you care for the child

• I'd never tried it but I really really really want to, just afraid of getting caught. If it was legal, I wouldn't have to face that. :P

• Marijuana Has less carcinogens and toxins that ciggs. People will either care about their child's health or they won't., children born with nicotine in their systems would be worse off than marijuana

• But nicotine doesn't change your perspective when caring for a child. Weed does.

• Sorry for lake is smarts with spelling

• Lack of* smh

• It'll be legal by next year anyways so why bother making a poll about it

• Prescribed. What about the ones you find on the street with chemicals in it?

• Like i said itll all be legal. I see nothing wrong with it as long as idiots don't lace it with other shit

• I think it should be legal. I have Ulcerative Colitis and during a flare up I couldn't eat for days, I was in constant pain. Smoking marijuana was the only thing that made the pain go away and helped me able to eat

• But no I dont think it should be legal to smoke weed while pregnant

• It should be legal, I mean, theirs worser drugs out there to worry about.

• It should be legal. Weed is not going to kill you unlike cigarettes which is legal. Or alcohol. Weed is an herb that comes from Mother Nature.

• Nah they shouldn't breast feed because it could be passed through the mothers milk just like any other "substance" now caring for a child that's a no also considering they wouldn't be in their right frame od mind.