What the heck is a 'twinkle'?

So my really drunk friend went and bashed on this guys' door. I've liked him for awhile, and she knows this, haha. When he opened the door, she ran off and I was left standing there with him. We chatted for a bit (and this sounds totally lame), but I noticed he was smiling a lot, and we have this thing where we do a little finger-pointing-dance thing. Think kinda the Wiggles, but weirder, haha.
Anyway! I had to leave to go rescue my drunk friend, and she said: 'He had a twinkle in his eyes when he was talking to you. Also he seemed like himself around you, different to when he's around his friends'. Now she's probably just ranting and raving because drunk people, but what the heck does a twinkle even mean?

I am very inexperienced with this, haha. Please help :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's sparkling eyes. It a clear sign that he really likes you.

What Guys Said 6

• 0|0
    • I did write 'twinkle' and not 'twinkie', right? I know what a twinkie is, lol
      No, he didn't have that in his eye :P

• Haha that's what I thought to when I saw the question.

• I know lol

• A twinkle is just a term for the look in someones eye, a twinkle can also be the light reflecting off their eye to give the illusion of a twinkle like a star sparkling in their eye.

• Ahh yes, the look. Wondrously effective when mastered.

Not to be mistaken for sparkles.
    images2.fanpop.com/.../...ght-11792319-400-300.jpg

• a sparkle of light. a certain feeling of emotions. a little thing you do with your fingers or toes

• I'm pretty sure she ment "a twinkle in his eye" but if it really was "twinkie" than its probs a penis reference

• It's a metaphore for " I think he likes you" " I think he's into you"

What Girls Said 3

• It's actually scientific, when a guy feels a strong emotional attraction to a woman his eyes become moist, which reflect the light and create a "twinkling" look. He has a crush on you :)

• It's what Robert Pattinson does.
    robattack.files.wordpress.com/.../...2600290_n.jpg

• His eyes were sparkling when he was around you. He was in a daze...