Is it possible for a British accent to sound like a South African accent?

I got a voice note from someone in London who has always lived in London but he sounds South African to me... it that possible?

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps his parents are from South Africa and/or he has many friends from that area.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are similar but also very different. British folk sound very regal, while South Africans sound more laid-back, almost like Aussies only without so much slang. But both accents stem from the British anyway. So do New Yorkers and folks from the south in the US - if you listen closely they have similar sounds. At least they do to me as someone not from any of those countries! :)

What Guys Said 2

• You can tell the difference easily between a Londoner accent and a South African accent.

But, people have said to me I sound Australian.
    It's just how people perceive things.

• It's possible, if for example his parents are South African. But, generally, people who grew up in a particular area have the accent of that particular area, regardless of their parents.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he used to live in South Africa then moved to London? Some peoples accents don't change much