Can't do my band solo?

I play clarinet and I have a solo today that I have to do for the other clarinets and I can't play it! I hate being in front of people and I know I'm going to embarrass myself. it's really hard and I've never been able to play it!!! I need help!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're sure that you're going to embarrass yourself, pretend being sick and don't go. It's clear that you don't have good psychology to do this, today.

What Guys Said 3

• I know I shouldn't say this, but my mum used to play the fiddle. She always found that one glass of wine would relax her enough to cope with anything. It doesn't work for everyone, but might just help.
    And I don't mean get p****d either!!

• then don't go if u r so unsure :-)

• Simplify it, skip the hard parts, replace them with something simpler.

What Girls Said 2

• Practice, practice, practice.

• Also, if it's above the break, drop it down an octave. Practice it at a quarter time until you get it. Then practice it at half time until you get it. Work your way up slowly to full time.

• Try not to stress it. Think positive.