Who the hell takes FOX news seriously?

They constantly lie, misrepresent issues, go back on their word, deny their positions, etc. How is it still so popular?

http://www.tubeplus.is/player/2162922/The_Daily_Show/season_20/episode_106/14_May_2015_Reza_Aslan/

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Every news source is biased one way or another. The difference in news stations bias is that some are conservative views, others liberal. I find some stations laughable as well. A well educated person watches both slants and realizes the truth is directly in the middle.

It is common for a liberal station to find the stupidest conservative people saying the dumbest, most outrageous things and poison the viewer's mind into thinking all conservatives feel that way. Likewise, conservative stations dig up the most ridiculous liberal stories and magnify them, poisoning the conservative minds.

Being well educated and worldly means knowing that no "news" station delivers unbiased facts anymore and being able to pick the truth out of the slant.

• Yeah, maybe it is because I am somewhat liberal, but FOX still seems much, much, much worse than other news outlets.

• Asker- Ignore me, I'm just trolling @linkywinky.

• You don't get mho by putting together an informed opinion, everyone knows you only get mho by saying exactly what the asker wants to hear

• No one. No one does.

• Not to mention that they're the most offensive news station ever.

• u srs? MSNBC? NBC? really?

• Sooo.. MSNBC & NBC's constant doctoring up vidz & recordings in order to incite racial tensions doesn't bother/offend you at all? Ok.

• @ShutUpAndSuckMe again, I'M NOT A BIG NEWS WATCHER. If I do watch it, it's mostly ABC. I'm not saying that the stations you mentioned aren't offensive, I don't doubt that. I'm going off personal experience.

• What makes you think liberal new stations aren't any more biased? Mainstream media is full of shit.

• I said no such thing. Nor did I even mention liberals or conservatives.

• You should calling it the lying channel. That's what I do, with all news channels that lie

• Fox news? What else can I say?

• Yes not everyone on there but many of the news reporters are racist, say ignorant things, act like they don't care about people when they report the news, and make it clear that they are Republicans and Democrats can go to hell.

Now frankly I could care less whether they're elephants or donkeys but they take it too far I'm telling you if they're not racist they at least have ignorent stereotypes planted in their head. And I never see that with any other news channels they keep their opinions to their self. Well except for MSNBC but that channel is about debating and what's wrong in the world and at least with them they have people with different views and represent both sides.

Fox new is racist. For example my brother was just on their for a big wrestling match to his school and what did they say congratulations you're a black kid in school (a ghetto school) that's acutally making a name for himself. One person was trying to really say congrats while the other one was like I don't give sh*t can we discuss something else.

So sorry if you say their not racist but they do think they're better than everyone else.

• I prefer to watch ABC 7 and Wgn 9 news

What Guys Said 18

• You need help bro.. If anything this question should've been about MSNBC an their nasty habit of doctoring videos & inciting racial tensions..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbSUMaC2gJY

Or maybe even make this question about NBC for doctoring Zimmerman's 911 call in order to incite racial tension as well...

Stop focusing on the thing that's most trendy to hate and start focusing on the bigger picture.. Like the MSM's constant race baiting, hate/fear mongering, one sided, biased, agenda driven news stories that they do cuz hate & bigotry sales. Maybe you should start focusing on holding the MSM accountable for their actions instead of just being another puppet guided by their strings of hatred & bigotry?

Nah! Who am I kidding? You go right back to hating teh fuax newz, like a good lil' sheep~!

• I never mentioned any other news outlet yet everyone thinks they know my opinion of them already, interesting.

• @muspelhem_5, Did I say that fox news wasn't a part of the MSM? I don't believe I did.

• Touché :)

• largely people in their 60's. These tend to be people who only want to hear what they want to hear, and not the actual fact of the matter.

• They aren't any different than any other major news source.

• I don't take any American news company seriously.

• The question is, why do people think that the other news networks aren't biased? At least Fox News shows its bias pretty openly!

And, hey, if you don't like Fox News, you can stop supporting it. Unfortunately, in America you are forced to support NPR or in Britain the BBC.

• I am not American or British, and I don't support it.

• Ok, well don't.

• But, I'm not saying it necessarily follows that you don't hate other news networks. But, it is implied by what you said. You didn't deny that Jane would be right to assume that there are some flavours of ice-cream that John doesn't hate. Otherwise, why did he specify vanilla ice-cream?

• Ignorant southern racist God loving republicans

• I mainly listen to NPR and CBS News. I find them to be the most credible and unbiased

• They certainly wouldn't push forged documents that they didn't even try to authenticate in order to try to tip the balance of a presidential election, or anything. 😋

• Well NPR is more moderate than any of them, but I find CBS news has a more accurate view on the days top headlines and any breaking news/ special reports. Plus CBS and NPR have very respectable news anchors who are at the top of the game.

• Plus NPR's journalists have won major awards for their commentary.

• There aren't exactly a bunch of GOOD news stations out there. But because FOXY doesn't toe the line to stylish liberal views, we all hate em.
    I agree with FOX a lot more than any other stations, but I still don't like it.

• Because people are more tribal than rational. They like to be validated in their views.

FOX (and other media companies) masterfully frighten people and then offer them a comfort blanket.

• faux news////////////////////

• People took Russel Brand seriously. There're all sorts in the world.

• Lol, he is worth a watch, not to take too seriously though. At least he is entertaining.

• I don't, I CNN news for me.

• BURN FOX TO THE GROUND!!

• Borrowing a page from the jihadis, are we?

• Did Fox news tell you to think that? 😄😄

• So u really don't think you haven't played a small part in the death of an innocent cuz you help spread the flames of ignorance & hatred? Not even a little?

• You mean Faux News right?

Damn Republican rednecks

• Don't underestimate how dumb some people can be. It's like they're trying to be dumb on purpose.

• I recently saw a study that Fox news tells half-truths about 60% of the time. MSNBC and NBC about 45% of the time.

I saw another studied which showed MSNBC was actually more biased than Fox.

Keep in mind that Fox news doesn't change people's minds. Conservatives are drawn to Fox because it tells them what they want to hear. If you are liberal, you probably prefer websites that put a liberal spin on things. It's human nature.

• GaG admins, reactionary babies.

• I don't see why everyone seems to hate that news. It seems more accurate than others I have seen. Not that I care since I think watching news is a waste of time

• Seriously? Are you unaware of how they doctor pictures? How they make graphs that are blatantly misleading? Jesus.

• That wasn't an argument, it was a conclusion, maybe that was your problem? @Longblackveil

• @cipher42, You believe in whte/male privilege.. Don't act like you have any credibility, u 17yo trust fund baby...