A solution to domestic riots?

A solution to domestic riots?
Ever since WW2, the US government has employed the tactic of air-dropping leaflets in hostile territory. In the US, the UK and elsewhere, we've seen a lot of riots in recent years. Rioters, when asked, often don't even know why they're doing it. Taking advantage of unrest to loot stores and break shit.

How's about we do domestic leaflet drops of job applications? 😋

• Yes, let's!
  • Shut up! They have a point!
  • *whistles inconspicuously while carting three flatscreen TVs down the street*

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, that's a good one. But seriously, to stop riots, do what they did in the 70s, go on television and say "Tomorrow the police and National Gaurd will be armed with rifles loaded with live ammunition. Anyone caught out in the street looting or rioting will be shot dead on site." I bet if you made a threat like that they'd turn away pretty quick.

• I feel like that would just start a second riot.

• Woops, I mean protest.

• Haha, maybe it would, but the second "protest" would be a lot more peaceful, and the threat would remain the same, if people wanted to protest they'd have to take the chance and call the bluff.

What Girls Said 1

• hahahaha let's!

What Guys Said 9

• I'm not sure what dropping leaflets in other countries has to do with rioting. Maybe you're implying that the government plans for riots to happen because they like to see the world burn.
    For leaflets, I think the main goal of the US is enforcing freedom of information and media because we see oppressed peoples as a global evil. It's basically what the country is founded on after all.
    As for rioting, I've been in a few protests because my university is known for it. But then people drive in from all around to start riots, and then that's what ends up on the news, and the police react as if everyone is part of the riot and throw tear gas and beat everyone up with batons. I don't know why people do that, but I think the media's response and perception of protest fuels that culture.

• Yes let's drop paper by the ton load across America and Europe . I say f*** drainage/sewage stytems, f*** the environment/ecosystem, f*** the cost of billions of dollars worth of paper and ink that will be tax payers money, and last but not least f*** the miserable sods who'll have to clean/dispose of all that paper slush when it rains.

• You're a real burst of sunlight, you know that? 😋

• wot r those stuff they r throwin from da helicopter? o_O

• Nah, let's go the way of Tokyo. Drop leaflets that say "next time it's a bomb"

• Yes I can see how that would defuse the situation - Ever think of a job in the UN?

• What kinds of jobs.

• Lazy pieces of shit

• Just apes going apeshit.