People from UK, info on A-Levels?

I need some explanations about the A-Levels :)

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you want to know about specifically?

• Well, I am currently doing the Swiss education but I want to start with the A-Levels this summer as a private candidate. So in one year I want to do my German, French and maybe Math A-Level. I chosed for math Edexcel. I am still not sure which one for the languages? AQA or Edexcel? So I kinda prefer Edexcel over AQA. I checked the exam dates 2016 for French and German and they only offer Unit 2& 4? I am confused because I thought there are 4 Units? So why they only offer 2 of them? Or do you have a complete A-Level in French and German after these 2 different Units

-sorry if there are any grammatical errors! :))

• I see thank you! But do schools register you on exam boards? or you do it on your own?
      Thank you so so much! You are very helpful!!!

• If you're not registered at the school itself, you have to do it on your own :)

What Guys Said 1

• Can you be specific?

-sorry if there are any grammatical errors! :)

• @asker Im On a edexcel course arm for access to higher education.
      My English course with them is split into 4 units so I'm not sure if that is the same for all of them:)

What Girls Said 2

• You can't choose between Edexcel or AQA awarding bodies, it's whatever the college is given that year and it often changes but you will be given one and would have to stick with it. Sometimes one of your courses can be AQA and the other Edexcel but you will most likely be told which one is which and your tutors will help you through it all. If you go to the college you want to attend or ring them, ask them your questions and I'm sure they'll be happy to explain it to you.

• It is a 2 year course. you normally start with 4 subjects in yr 12 and then drop 1 in yr 13. However you can start with 3 in yr 12 and you don't have to drop one either you can continue taking 4 in yr 13, most people will end up dropping one though. You can choose whatever subjects you want, you don't have to take maths or English .

• Thank you! But for a complete A-Level in maths I need to sit 6 exams right? I am sorry but your system is a little bit confusing :)