Have you had any experiences with "reverse racism" claimed to "not be racist"?

When doing something in class, one of my teachers let a dark skin girl in my class go first, explicitly saying that she could go first because she's black. I said that that was maybe a little racist (which was an understatement, but I didn't really want to cause commotion) to which he replied that it wasn't racism, because he priveleged her. Anyone who's been in a similar situation? Or is it just me who this annoys?

*privileged
"Reverse racism" as in racism, but giving the other race an advantage instead of a disadvantage. It's still racism, just the other way around compared to how it usually is.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that is still racism...
    Racism doesn't only apply to black people. it applies to all races - Caucasians being one of them.

I haven't experienced this because I live in a country with only white people in it...

• It is racism, I've never said that it wasn't. It's just giving someone else an advantage, usually racism gives someone else a disadvantage, but it's still racism.

• Haha I get your point. =)

• Thank you. =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not racist, reverse or otherwise.

I talk shit to everyone equally.

What Girls Said 4

• When I was 10 our teacher asked us to vote on whether OJ simpson was guilty or not. I voted he was guilty and a black woman said the only reason I thought he killed his girlfriend was because he was black - not true at all.

• Yeah, that happens a lot.

• How is that reverse racism? Isn't that just racism

• It's still racism, but "reverse racism" is basically giving the person of a certain race an advantage instead of a disadvantage.

• Well no thus still racism because it's saying some people get privileges due to their race and that others get disadvantages due to their race. Which is just straight up racism

• Yeah but you're giving your *own* race a disadvantage. I heard someone else use the term, couldn't think of something better to describe what I meant.

• First of all racism is not just a white to black person thing, its a race against race thing so there is no such thing as reverse racism

What Guys Said 3

• thankfully... never xperienced racism... skin-color-wise o_O

• I can't say as I have. I don't even think about it

• A better question is, "how many times a day do you see whites that seriously think they have harder lives than minorities".