How much money would be a good amount to save?

I'm terrible at saving and since I'm going to be getting a job soon I think it's about time for me to figure it out. What I don't know is how much money am I supposed to set aside for saving. Is there a certain percentage of money I should be saving? How do I know exactly how much money to split between bills, savings, and spending?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• just save everything you can save and only spend money on essentials with the acceptable inessential charge every now and then.

• Depends on your disposable income as a few others have said 20-30% of your disposable is a good figure.

• Always have enough to replace things you can't live without, and a little extra just in case. "As much as possible" is better of course.

• 20-30% after all bills is the optimal target. Easier said than done tho lol

• Who could save anything these days with the NWO purposely rigging the economies around the world to cause them to go broke?

What Girls Said 1

• I was always told to have at least 3 months worth in savings so that if shit hit the fan you could live for 3 months while you get another job or something else to get you by.