If a guy that you don't know yells at a minor like telling her stuff can you turn him into the police?

Okay so I was walkin outside and I see a guy that looks like he's 30 or 40 something yelling at a teen that's 13 or 14 I would know cause I seen her walking everyday to a middle school by my house.. As I was saying the guy was yelling at her and he doesn't even know the girl , she defended her self thou , she told him that he can't yell at her cause he ain't her dad , as an adult I stander up for her I told him to leave her alone , he didn't listen but yeah he was yelling at her can I press charges even thou she isn't my daughter?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you need to call the police the next time he yells at her
    we had a case of same thing not far from where i live and the
    man was masturbating in his van and called a middle school girl
    over to his van someone saw and called the police the guy is predator
    or sick in the mind..

What Guys Said 5

• yes YES!

wot he did is so fuckin bully-ish... DEFINETELY send him 2 da cops 8)

• Charges for what crime?

• Depends could it be classed as threathening behaviour?

• Well like he was trynna call her stupid and he yelled at her for no reason , like he's not her dad to yell at minor

• No. Sadly unless there was some kind of actual assault you can't have someone arrested for being an asshole.

• Ask the man why is he yelling at the kid.

What Girls Said 4

• She'd probably have to press charges against him herself. You can charge him with like disturbing the peace I guess but not harassment.

• "One of the larger public misconceptions is that there is a claim or crime called "harassment." The law does not give you any recourse in civil court for harassment, and there is no crime designed to prevent harassment.
    If your neighbor hits your kids, gets in the kids' faces and such you have two options. The first option is to get a Personal Protection Order (a "PPO"). A PPO is an order granted by the court restraining an individual from harming, or harassing another. PPOs are designed to be used by the public without a lawyer. The forms are available free online. You may try calling the police. Striking another person is called battery. Getting in someone's face can be assault. So, your neighbor's actions may be a common crime, called assault and battery. Of course, if you can talk to the neighbor and make some headway, it would be much better. Some people, are deaf to such requests, though. Be aware, though, that the legal system is far from a perfect tool, and may not make your neighborhood livable."
    -Jaynie Smith Hoerauf
    Real Estate Attorney on a similar circumstance

• Not just for yelling.

• Not for yelling but yelling at 13 or 14 year old that ain't even his daughter or he don't even know that's pretty disrespectful

• Do you even know what happened?

• Yeah, she said because I guess his daughter and her had some problems but the girl that got yelled didn't wanted to fight so I guess the girl told her dad that she didn't wanted to fight , and the dad was calling her stupid just cause she didn't wanted to fight her and tbh I don't give a damn if it ain't a crime that bitchass man has no reason to yell at minor that he don't even know !

• Well that whole thing sounds so ridiculous.
      I'm pretty sure you can't press charges for what someone did to someone else.
      The parents would have to.