Is it appropriate to tip at restaurants/cafés where you order the food BEFORE you sit down/leave?

I know, it's a silly question. But more and more places I go, they do their transactions with iPads - and on the iPad there's an option to tip or not to tip.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• 15 % to 25%

• I know HOW to tip, I don't think anybody who answered understood the question. I'm talking about a specific type of transaction.

• yes u got to. And if u ever plan on going back people remember.

• I know, it's a silly question. But more and more places I go, they do their transactions with iPads

• Nope they get no moglies from me.

What Girls Said 2

• You should still tip.

• I never tip fuck that. My money and plus it's so petty that they get pissed or give you bad service if you don't tip. Half of the time I just want my food and a place to sit I don't even want a best friend. Also where I live minimum wage for servers is so high there's no reason to tip. If you want more money go to school.