Do you have a project car?

Do you have a project car?

I rarely see a car I like that is completely stock (no tint or anything.)

I love to see what all people have done to their car.

I don't have the money to do what I'd like just yet, but I do have a goal. I love everything about this car (below). And it looked exactly like mine in the beginning besides the color.

Owner of the car is Caleb Perez (fressh6 on instagram).

I have a silver 2010 Pontiac G6. I plan to get a new body kit for it. And coilovers.

Therefore it will take me years to do all of that. I'm not settling with cheap parts.
Does anyone have a project car?

Most Helpful Guy

• Car? No. But I am modding my bike. Mostly functional stuff though. Penske racing shock so far, ECU flash, front springs + fork oil (hoping for cartridge kit in the near future).

What Guys Said 9

• I dont have a project car, but I have project bike:
    [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2yl6z3m.jpg[/IMG]

My dream project car is Liberty walk Nissan GTR:
    [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/o057bs.jpg[/IMG]

• Just my Chevelle! I just replaced the roof, and Im currently building an engine for it.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2q0lwm9.jpg

• If I did a project, I wouldn't rice out a car, cause that's lame as fuck.
    I would just be restoring an old car.

• I like lowered cars and big wheels haha
      I don't think I could get into restoring

• Lol confusing sentence is confusing.

• I understand lol
      If I could afford the gas for a tahoe I would go that route instead haha

• Unfortunately no.. I have a stupid 2015 Toyota Rav4.. I should have bought an Audi Q5 or Q7 instead or something else.

• Q7 is really nice!
      I never even consider anything like that, if I get an suv it will probably be a tahoe haha.
      I'm not sure what you could do to a rav4

• Yeah what I did was email all the Toyota store near by and ask about the lowest price they can give me and I used that price as a leverage for the other Toyota to give me a better offer. It was funny because it seems like they were auctioning the lowest price and all I had to do is email back and stay away. So that when I go to the store, I go in there to buy and not waste time.

• My dad talks to them in person because he looks very intimidating lmao
      one of them asked if he ever boxed because of the size of his hands.
      I never thought of emailing them. That's pretty hilarious, and smart!

• Not yet but want to! Almost bought a couple but decided to go to college instead lol. I will one day. Old cars muscle cars not any of the stuff you posted.

• I've never been into muscle cars. That's more of my boyfriends thing.
      and my dad likes older cars, not muscle cars but I cannot think of an example at the moment.
      I like modern cars and suvs

• haha good :)

• I can't handle riding with people and seeing the poor butterflies going up the windshield

• my project cars have always been more about giving them more power rather than making them look like clown cars like the one you posted.

• I'm not about power, just looks

• Then i suggest you accentuate the oem look. Body kits look cheesy and cheap as fuck.

• Honestly, I'd be happy with the stock 2010 bumper because it looks good. But mine was replaced before I bought it. They put the older style on it.

• What happens when he has to go over speed bumps in that thing?

• I probably won't get that exact bumper, but I like the one he had on it before. And the only speedbumps around here are at Walmart and I have never drove there lol

• I don't think it's just the bumper though, the whole thing looks like its been lowered.

Anyway, good luck building your dream car.

• It has, the bumper is pretty low too.
      I wouldn't say that's my dream car, just wanting mine to look different from the rest

• My car is always in a state of being a project car. I ripped off the grill and stripped the white paint off the front bumper and painted the rims with bed liner. I'm in the process of deciding what colour to paint the bumpers.

• What kind?

• Rabbit pee smells terrible.

• lol ya. Plants smell nice :)

• Yep I have many project cars😉 they are awesome 😊

What Girls Said 3

• I do not..

• Me = a Peugeot RCZ 2012 (stick) + a Jeep Compass 2010 (auto)

• Why not restore an actual car that needs to be restored? I don't see how adding a body kit and coil overs is restoring something. That's more like "add ons"

It's something that needs to be done up on a course of several years. It's like a slow "do it up"
    There is removing rust involved. Building a new bumper bottom lip, doing fenders, ripping the interior, electronic work (if anything) sanding, spray painting. It's definitely not something that you can slap on, and be off.