Does age and financial status, play a part in a person caring about the opposite genders looks?

Long story short, a friend and I were just disagreeing about this. He seems to think that only teenagers care about looks and that once they grow up, the looks of another person don't matter to them anymore. He also thinks that only rich and middle class people, put a great deal of merit on looks. He said "poor people don't do that".

I told him that, all people of all ages put a great deal of merit on looks. In fact, it plays a big part for most people before they even think of getting into a relationship. I also told him, that money has nothing to do with if someone cares about looks or not. He doesn't seem to agree with any of that, he truly believes once a person hits adulthood they no longer care about looks and looks alone. I know better, I know whether someone is 16 or 106, they still can put a big importance on being with someone attractive and stuff.

So, what do you think? Does age and money make a difference in a person caring about looks or not?

What I mean by "financial status" is that he thinks that a poor person is less likely to care about a persons looks than a rich person would.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some degree of looks are important but if you look in college the girls are scrambling to find the guy who can provide and looks are less important. Many women have dated that good looking guy only to know she never had 100% of him and he stopped developing as a person.

You leave the USA and women go crazy over a real man, one who is not pretty but will be happy and feel blessed to have them in their life. If you look at Hollywood women are traded like whores in a whore house.

What Guys Said 12

• I say yes for some shallow people money and looks are most important but for more normal people not so much

• For women Yes... is a guy is high financial value she will settle for less on looks.

For guys it doesn't matter. Looks are completely separate from finances.

• In most cases, money and status are EVERYTHING for females 'rating' males

• Women care more about looks in a hookup than a relationship.

Men actually care more about looks in a relationship.

People with high sexual market value who are experienced enough to know it aren't likely to settle for people way below them.

• I think men care more about looks whereas women care more about money and status.

The reasoning behind this is that men just want a fine piece of arse to tap on a regular basis, whereas women want to be able to have a secure nest if you will to raise children.

• I think this will answer your question:
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...6000005DC-374_634x395.jpg

• Not really I mean I prefer the girls I am with to be close to my age, but I don't care about their fiances that much as long as they make smart choices money wise and work hard for what they earn that's all that matters.

• Women in Europe are the same man, they might come off as not but there are a lot of stuck up people both male and female here. I was fat as hell an I was the 'best friend' now I lost a bunch of weight and im either getting a bunch of attention. The face on the old 'best friend female friends' that I had is rather exciting for me. Nothing like a Little revenge dieting.

• Men care more about looks, Women care more about Money & status IMHO.

And speaking from experience, after college the whole money & status thing is critical.

• I care not for a females financial status, but more her financial choices.

• Age yeah financial status for guys not so much.

• I don't think I'll care about how much money my girlfriend makes but I want to make a lot for her...

What Girls Said 2

• A poor person doesn't always stay poor and a rich person doesn't always stay rich. Age can be determinant of maturity but it's not always a reliable measure. I'll still have to get to know about his life experiences and what made him become the person he is today.

• well for me they contribute yeah, I'm not gonna act like those things dont matter.