What's something you have an un popular opinion of?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not attracted to black guys. That apparently makes me a self-hating black woman.. lol.

What Girls Said 10

• Oh boy. Where to begin?

I believe in privilege of various kinds. White, straight, male, able bodied, etc.

I'm a feminist.

I'm pretty iffy about capitalism.

I support LGBTQ rights (well, whether that's unpopulr depends on the area).

I'm non-religious, but I'm against being bigoted against religious people. So I think people who bash Islam and stereotype Muslims are assholes.

I'm pro-choice (again, popularity depends on the area.)

I'm anti death penalty.

Pro gun control.

Pro mandatory vaccinations.

Basically all that liberal stuff.

I think all the stuff going on with police brutality and police killing black men is absolutely horrible and I support the protestors.

There's probably more. But I'll just cut myself off here.

• I'm glad to see you back cipher42 :)

• @hypno-trip: ha, thanks. Though it's not really that I ever disappear. Sometimes I have extended periods where I don't find any questions to post on, or I just don't have the energy, but I haven't yet really disappeared for that long yet.

• In context of national security: I only have a problem with torture because it doesn't work, not because it makes me feel bad from some humanitarian perspective.

• Sex, i'm a virgin but when I start having sex i'm interested in trying threesomes and things like that, so I feel like I come across weird/unpopular. I also find relationships with multiple people involved interesting.

Drugs and prostitution, I think it should all be legal and adults should do what they want with their lives, stop wasting police efforts on personal decisions.

Religion, I believe in God but I don't believe/follow the bible and I don't agree/worship any persons interruption of the bible or of God.

• What's wrong with being open-minded about sex? I know people will categorize you and even judge you for it, but who gives.

• Well I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just think it's a little "unpopular" for some people because every time I admit to it, people don't agree or on this site they down vote me lol

• I have a lot of the same opinions as you ^_^

• I don't like same sex relationships. People can do whatever they want but I won't support it. I also won't discourage it either.

• Marriage
    Reproduction
    Children
    Immigration
    Women

• @MaskedSanity What is your unpopular opinion on those things you listed?

• @Illusive_Man

I really don't want to get into it, because it's a lot and will cause a shit storm that I can't be arsed to deal with. :p

• You shying from a good metaphorical fisty cuff?
      Now that's a first lol

• Immigration isn't as huge of a problem as people make it out to be. A lot of other things to, but that's the first that came to mind.

• Starbucks. So many issues with them... So, so many.

• My opinion of homosexuality and casual sex are both quite unpopular.

• what're yr views on homosexuality?

• @LauraMarx I don't support it. I'm not against homosexual people, I treat them the same way I would anybody else because who you're attracted to certainly doesn't mean you're less worthy of respect or anything, but to sit here and act like I condone people of the same gender being sexually involved with each other? Never going to happen.

• I understand :)

• literally everything? lmao

• I don't believe in God/don't think a God exists. It's not too much of a problem online, but outside of that it can get a little awkward or uncomfortable if it comes up. A lot of people I know believe.

What Guys Said 12

• I really didn't want the Boston Bomber to get the death penalty.

I'm sure I'll get down votes too just for saying it.

• I feel the same as you and I live close to Boston

• @NateInAk I know, I know. It's a difficult question to tackle and people are very staunch in their opinions on this, and rightfully so.

"Suitable" punishment is tricky because, really, there's nothing that can undo the heinous crime he's committed. I do think that life imprisonment without the possibility of parole is what should have happened to him though, yes.

I think that the death penalty constitutes "cruel and unusual punishment," and that as a country, the U. S. should be better than that.

Also consider this: life imprisonment costs taxpayers less money.

Another thing to consider: the U. S. is a top five country in the world when it comes to executions. The remaining four countries are Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and China.

With all due respect to those countries' citizens, that's not a list that you want to find yourself on in terms of human rights.

• Well one, how does life imprisonment cost less? I'm genuinely perplexed 8/

*sigh* I know I won't convince anyone here, but it's late, and I feel like chatting about something.
      I don't see the death penalty as inhumane, at least, not in this context. Now, the prospect of shooting a lethal injection into a regular person's arm is horrible, heck, the idea of doing that to a murderer damn near makes me sick.
      But when someone commits an act of such reprehension, I don't think even something like life in prison is an acceptable recourse. It's not even the thought that the person "DESERVES TO DIE" DUN DUN DUN, but that what they've done is so horrible (i. e. Murdering or selling out their country) that we have nothing better but to end their life and remove the threat of them ever doing so again, and dissuade others from repeating their atrocities.
      That's just my two cents on it.
      (I would go into the top five countries thing but I'm out of characters and I have slow internet)

• Where to start lol...

I think a lot of what we're told about history is false, exaggerated, distorted.

I don't think "conspiracy theorists" are all nutcases, I think the reason they're viewed as such is simply because they question things that most people (sheeple) blindly believe to be true because those in power say so

I think most people are closed-minded, even those who claim to be open-minded, and I think science has become the new religion. I think atheists who laugh at religious people are stupid because they arrogantly believe that they know it all, when actually we know very little about the universe, we're constantly discovering new things, most likely we aren't the only planet with intelligent life or even the most intelligent life (the universe is fucked if we are lol). These people will happily accept the big bang theory, the theory of evolution etc. none of which are actually proven by the way, but the idea that another being created us is crazy to them, even though we're making test tube babies, playing with DNA, cloning etc. I think that the more you know, the more you realise you don't know.

• The sisyphean nature of life.
    The relativistic nature of morality.
    The role of humanity in the world.

• President Obama has done well as our president.

Bring it downvotin' Republican fuckers, COME AT ME!!

• Anti abortion...
    Anti homosexuality (not anti homosexuals. YES there IS a difference, not liking something someone does is different from not liking the person)
    Skeptical on evolution... Skeptical enough to at least think it shouldn't be taught as completely confirmed in school. (i. e. Taught in such a way that any kind of question about opposing views is met with ridicule, both in schools and out.)
    A lot of these opinions are only unpopular in certain arenas (*cough* GAG *cough*) but I get a lot less support than attacks.

• That if a woman chooses to have a child and keep it even though the man doesn't want it, she bears the greatest responsibility for that child being raised by one parent, and that most (please note I did not say all) potentially single mothers should seriously consider adoption if they choose not to abort the child.

• everything

• Japan, young people, dogs...

• I think white people should feel very fortunate that they're white and people who think it'd be easier to not be white are hysterical.

• Usually when it comes to marriage or kids

• Religion (or the lack thereof)

I'm an agnostic theist. I believe in a creator of the universe, but everything that comes after that i'm not sure of, it's ambiguous, or I need proof that we don't have right now, and probably never will.

• Abortions and homosexuallity...

Stone me.