GAGers, what is one thing that you always do to motivate yourself?

GAGers,what is one thing that you always do to motivate yourself?
Please answer the above question especially if you are a sloth. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Just start. Tell myself I'm NOT going to actually do that job, but instead that I'm just getting myself ready to start. For instance if I needed to paint my living room wall I'd tell myself to check that the tools are all there and ready. So I'd gather them and then I'd say that I'm just going to dab a little bit of the paint on the wall to check the colour. Next thing I know I'd be saying "Just a bit more, just a bit more" until it's done.

What Guys Said 7

• Apart from sleeping to wake up to a fresher me and thought, I simply rework and change my strategy :-D

I've been called 'lazy' all through my childhood just because I couldn't be (still can't be) rushed cause someone thinks the situation needs rushing and for that reason I can't ever be a sloth lol

• I check the mirror and ask "if not you, then who?"

previews.123rf.com/.../...e-mirror-Stock-Photo.jpg

• Wearing nice clothes both at home and when going out motivates me too : )

• My friends accuse me that I don't wear comfortable clothes like pajama (I always wear jeans but not them unless they are going somewhere or attending something)

But I feel comfort in them too.

• I like to listen to music, that's my main source of motivation.

@bubble_tea is kind of a sloth, she may be able to answer this :P

• lol thanks! You must be kind of a sloth too, cause that's exactly what I do too xD

• Look at my wallet, if it has an adequate amount then I want to make more. If it's near empty it makes me want to make some to put some innn

• I'm a chronic procrastinator. Usually I'll have to give myself very small goals to work for in increments all the while thinking of the end result of it all. I'll also look back at all the progress that I already did make so that I keep momentum.

• I like to give myself a pep talk. Telling myself stop being so lazy and be productive

• I think of how lucky I am, and the experiences that got me to this point. I want to achieve great things, and I definitely will very very soon.

What Girls Said 7

• I think about how my laziness affects others and what happens to them if I don't take care of what I need to. When all else fails crushing guilt always helps me XD

• Listen to music.
    If it doesn't help... I give punishments or rewards to myself.. eg. get shit done till so and so and get ice cream as reward/no tv otherwise, depending which thing I crave more at the time.
    If it doesn't help either.. I think of the people who'd be disappointed. Guilt works too.

• The adorableness of that sloth picture is almost overwhelming.
    Anyway, I tell myself to just get it over with. Whatever "it" is, just do it so it can be done and I don't have to think about it anymore. Usually works for me.

• my various goals :)

• My goals in life

• What are your goals in life, tong bao? : )

• To be successful with my career
      I need to support my parents
      Live a simple and happy life

• Ni he wo yiyang, xihuan zhuiqiu jiandan
      de xingfu : )

• I read my old diaries or talk to friends who work hard to motivate myself.

• I drink coffee, listen to music, sing out loud to my family, think of how to improve their lives and then I would get some motivation : )

• I listen to motivational music, look at pictures of the things that I want or just give myself mental pep talks :)